It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 off duty cops drive wrong way on highway, crash into tractor trailer, guess who got breathalizer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

We are talking about the Officer who was the "Drunk" driver that will be persecuted?

Yeah. Who else would have ben driving impaired?

Now the persecution part, I have a hard time believing that he will be charge with Manslaughter....Just from what is going on today...

Why? What else is going on today besides what was reported in the article? Do you have information we do not?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I see. I reckon it must happen by accident some times. Perhaps I have just been more careful and perceptive where hurling a one ton missile down the road is concerned.

Perhaps it has simply been good fortune on my part for having never encountered such confounding driving conditions.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I just wanted to clear it up, no room for miss-reading or wrong interpretation.

What i mean by, What is going on Today is...

That cops seem to be getting away with murder or animal abuse more frequently (or it is receiving more attention as of late).
I'm sure you have read articles that back my statement up (please don't make me add links).

He will be judged by his fellow officers and peers, they will feel sorry for him and he will not be placed behind bars. (Maybe something like Time-Spent,
(there is a perfect article recent on ATS about a fellow officer killer his Dog partner that had been with him for 5 years and all he got was a slap on the wrist because they felt sorry for him that he left and forgot his dog in his car, where the dog-a police officer died) Link provided upon request. Now you know if a civilian left that police dog in a car car to bake and burn to death, then that person will be behind bars and butt hurt that same night.

That is my point. The officer will not be punished because he is too saddened from the whole thing that they'll just let him go on living with himself...NOT BEHIND BARS (like everyone else) Above the law a little...

I hope my position comes across and does not offend.

Regards,

edit on th04Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:04:08 -0500K201530831pm3 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Fair is fair.

I will keep on this thread to know if results were posted.

Regards,

No worries. If the driver was drunk it should not matter his occupation, he was involved in a vehicular manslaughter among other crimes.

It should not....but it will.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I have been involved in a couple of accidents, no fault of my own and received no breathalyzer, nor did the persons that caused the accident. One was pretty serious with minor injuries.

Could someone supply the "normal procedures" in writing for that area of New Jersey?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I have been involved in a couple of accidents, no fault of my own and received no breathalyzer, nor did the persons that caused the accident. One was pretty serious with minor injuries.

Could someone supply the "normal procedures" in writing for that area of New Jersey?

FYI friend, Semperfortis is or was a police officer...read this thread in its entirety. But what i want to say is that, if you want this question answered, he or she is the person to ask...or read this thread in its entirety...
edit on th09Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:09:22 -0500K201532231pm3 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I read the entire thread. I'm interested in police protocol for the area where the accident happened. I suppose anyone could provide that information, I am searching now.

Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I try not to mix different instances when I am examining specifics of another so I tend to gravitate towards due process working its course.

As far as punishment, vehicular manslaughter, sadly, does not always end with a prison sentence when someone is convicted. I have seen that happen to two people I know where the person who killed them got off with a suspended sentence and they were NOT police officers.

I hope my position comes across and does not offend.

It did and you did not. No worries.

edit on 20-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

They were not in Jersey, they were in New York City.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

It should not....but it will.

I doubt it, New York City is notoriously hard on drunk drivers.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Then i feel sorry that the system failed you. And i hope the system works here.

Regards,

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I read the entire thread. I'm interested in police protocol for the area where the accident happened. I suppose anyone could provide that information, I am searching now.

Have a nice day.

I believe Semperfortis (super moderator) was a cop and should be able to answer you questions. If you did really read the Thread, you would see Semperfortis' (super moderators) 3rd comment/response stating that they have been in the force for 29years.

Regards,
edit on th17Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:17:35 -0500K201533531pm3 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

edit on th17Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:17:53 -0500K201535331pm3 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Then i feel sorry that the system failed you. And i hope the system works here.

Regards,

Well, the circumstances I was referring to the person was not drunk so it may have played a part in the decision.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

If a road accident involves a fatality, I believe all parties are tested as a matter of protocol. In cases where injuries happen but no fatalities I think it depends on the state.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

New Jersey cops on New York Highway. Got it

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

New Jersey cops on New York Highway. Got it

No problem. Linden is right across the Goethals Bridge from Staten Island.

edit on 20-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

That makes no sense to me. DWI is illegal even when you haven't murdered someone.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Agreed, but the State's ability self-govern may keep protocols such as that off the books.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

That makes no sense to me. DWI is illegal even when you haven't murdered someone.

Right, but accident does not always equal impaired.

I t-boned a guy going through a red light and neither one of us was tested even though I smashed his car into an L-shape.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
Everyone involved in any fatal accident receives either a breath test or blood test..

Standard procedure

I noticed the article didn't make mention the cops receiving a Breathalyzer though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join