It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Mob Beats and Burns Woman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Horrifying video has emerged from Afghanistan where an angry mob beat a woman to death in the streets, set fire to her body and then tossed it into a river — all for allegedly burning a Quran.

So while I sit on these boards and watch people bash on Chirstians and talk about how they wished they were wiped out or how the Christian religion is hurting people..........things like this come up....

This WOMAN, burned a book........and they not only beat and stoned her to death in the middle of the STREET, they BURNED her......

For a book......

I challenge anyone to walk into a church anywhere in the world, grab a bible and walk out into the parking lot and burn it.....

I can guarantee with almost 100 percent certainty you wont be beaten to death over it.......

This is unbelievable.....

The victim was identified as Farkhunda and her father said she had suffered from a mental illness.

So not only that, she was also mentally Ill, and they still slaughtered here in the street.........

Does anyone care what Islam is doing? Does anyone care that its this sort of thinking that spawns groups like ISIS or ISIL?

is anyone even awake?

Or is it just too easy for so many here in the states to target Christians because they know they wont be killed for it?

Is the cowardice to confront the REAL threat so much that its better to act like its not happening?

When I see stuff like this then hear people bashing Christians it makes my head spin, your feigned outrage at 1st world "problems" you seem to have with Christianity while Islam is slaughtering people, this one , a mentally ill woman, for burning a book.........

S ource

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I agree that radical Islam is a scourge. Don't use that as an opportunity to drag out your soapbox and claim there's some war on Christianity as well.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
But Christians refused to bake a cake in the US

AND Christians refused to do flowers in the US

AND Christians did this sort of thing over a 1000 years ago, doesn't matter everyone who did it is dead now

AND Christians burned women to death as witches over 150 years ago, doesn't matter everyone who did it and their children and grandchildren are long dead now

AND Christians protest outside abortion clinics

so they are just as bad as the Islamic State

they are the same I tell you, the same!

These crimes are as bad as burning a woman do death over a book, in 2015 with all the progress humankind has made, just as bad I tell you! Especially the crimes being committed today by Christians, not baking cakes or arranging flowers or marching on a street, just as evil I say, just as evil.

(scent of sarcasm in the air for those of you who actually believe this)

edit on 9Fri, 20 Mar 2015 09:12:22 -0500am32003amk205 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Attack of the troll's I see, well that poor girl was innocent and it is an evil text anyway, what these atheist idiot's forget is that without christian morality they would be the one's being burned and if they have there way that is the future not the past as the destruction of christian faith would only leave a void into which these insidious false teaching would creep in society.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Organized religion is a sham perpetuated by an elite group that control the sheep. Once people wake up to that simple fact, our planet will be a much happier, saner and peaceful place.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Acts of violence are a universal signal that the core ideas are weak.
edit on 20-3-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

To be able to do such a thing to another person never mind a woman is undeniably evil.

Simply utter scum!

link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Attack of the troll's I see, well that poor girl was innocent and it is an evil text anyway, what these atheist idiot's forget is that without christian morality they would be the one's being burned and if they have there way that is the future not the past as the destruction of christian faith would only leave a void into which these insidious false teaching would creep in society.

Just preparing for the comments that are bound to arrive.
It was sarcasm, because you will see exactly those comments in a few pages if not on this page.

What was done, was evil to it's core

We had an Islamic Scholar address our group last week, he is no longer a Muslim after being an intense scholar of and believer in Islam, because he said that the beheadings, pedophilia, torture, and evil deeds we see today, Mohammed himself did them, and so ARE an integral part of the religion, a religion he could not longer support.

link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Without "Christian Morality" the world would continue to spin on as she always has. Morality is the result of tribalism and society, not religion. Religion is a great moral compass for some, yes, but I am one of those "atheist idiots" you seem to hate and my morals are the result not of religion, but of societal norms.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Acts of violence are a universal signal that the core ideas are weak.

We had a formerly deeply religious and learned scholar of Islam address my group last week.

He said the core ideas of the Islamic State ARE the core ideas of the Muslim religion.

He said and showed us that the verses of peace that are quoted are only half of the quote, that once one includes the next few versus, the entire meaning changes and becomes violent.

That is why the Islamic governments do not want to send their people to fight ISIS, because ISIS is merely acting out what Mohammed himself did on earth, which is a core tenet of the Muslim faith.

He also said that the one and only way for a Muslim to be sure of going to heaven, as written in the Koran, is to die while killing an infidel. That to die any other way is to risk not going to paradise, because the path to paradise is razor thin and Allah can knock you off any time for any reason he chooses. So to be sure of going to paradise the one and only way is to suicide kill others. There is no grace in the Islamic faith.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

When I see stuff like this then hear people bashing Christians it makes my head spin, your feigned outrage at 1st world "problems" you seem to have with Christianity while Islam is slaughtering people, this one , a mentally ill woman, for burning a book.........

S ource

A horrible crime, but neatly soapboxed at the end to pigeonhole all muslims, because

Islam is slaughtering people

So...

BANGUI, Central African Republic – Tens of thousands of Muslims are fleeing to neighboring countries by plane and truck as Christian militias stage brutal attacks, shattering the social fabric of this war-ravaged nation.

In towns and villages as well as here in the capital, Christian vigilantes wielding machetes have killed scores of Muslims, who are a minority here, and burned and looted their houses and mosques in recent days, according to witnesses, aid agencies and peacekeepers. Tens of thousands of Muslims have fled their homes.

Link

By your own standards, this shows that Christianity is slaughtering people, as well as looting and being rotten to kittens.

edit on 20-3-2015 by skalla because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
"God is not in a book, God is not in a building, God is in the heart of humans. If you wish to see a persons God look at what they do."
I cant remember the person who said this to me but I have found it over the years to be right

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
just doin muslim stuff nothing new here.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

lol that is africa, a land of madness.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Good thing the US has FAR better warriors and they are on the level of assassins and theives on the battle field.
WHAT about Islam's members WHO WANT to be moderate?
CAN we save THEM or must they inevitably attack?
I would HATE to loose any more innocent people than the stupid ways we prosecute these wars have cost us already.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Or is it just too easy for so many here in the states to target Christians because they know they wont be killed for it?

Would you like to see that change? Are you equating (American and western) outspoken skeptics and critics of Christianity with a mob of mentally ill religious fanatics who went "biblical" on a mentally ill woman who burn their holy book?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Oh man Christians perfected the art of burning women, bad bad bad argument MTBM.

I think when we peel into it the reasons for this horrible murder, it is societal. Why did such violence take place in Christian society for nearly 1500 years? and not now.

POWER STRUGLLES, DISENFRANCHISEMENT. The areas this takes place are very tribal and religion is allowed to be the social and economic driver of laws.

When we separated religion out, society moved into secular law, only influenced by christianity but no longer governed by it. When that is done, superstitions and fears and all those antiquated societal controls associated with ALL religions have to take a back seat to progress.

I do think Islam will eventually lose its stranglehold on law governing, and when that happens, it is up to the individuals in that society to make the change. Especially women, women of Islam are mistreated so badly, it makes my blood boil, but they will be the drivers of change to inequity I hope.

Until religion is told to bugger of out of governing, the stupidity of religious controls will remain.
Now here is the crunch, Islam is offered as the way of life inclusive of all aspects for governing a town, or country etc. So the extraction of 'church' is going to be harder.

But don't EVER think if Christianity wasn't told to stick it by the great US forefathers, this place would not be vastly different.

edit on 20-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I fear that humans need something to hate, they need to be at war with something, they need to feel to be "better" that what it is they fight, and this gives them the moral right to behave as they wish wile fighting. If it was not religion it would be something else.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: grandmakdw

Good thing the US has FAR better warriors and they are on the level of assassins and theives on the battle field.
WHAT about Islam's members WHO WANT to be moderate?
CAN we save THEM or must they inevitably attack?
I would HATE to loose any more innocent people than the stupid ways we prosecute these wars have cost us already.

The ones who want to be moderate?

This man said the only way to really be moderate is to no longer be Muslim.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
A quick search brought up the video. and the mob are using their camera phones.
I don't think acts like this have anything to do with religion, theres something else more intrinsically woven into the minds of human beings which can bypass the reasoning mind and let the savage run wild.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join