It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Mob Beats and Burns Woman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

I agree with you, fully.

If Religion were not in the picture, something would fill gaps to allow people to judge others for believing or being different.
edit on 20-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: grammar

edit on 20-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: Still can't grammar

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
4 arrested...

Will in all likelihood, and deservingly so, be hung from the neck until dead.

& the potential hangmen and prosecutors will likely be Muslims...
Same goes for those who made the arrests...

I suppose they're all to blame as well.

RIP!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So while I sit on these boards and watch people bash on Chirstians and talk about how they wished they were wiped out or how the Christian religion is hurting people..........things like this come up....

I'm calling BS.

I'm a fairly active poster and I don't come across people advocating "wiping out Christians." The people I see being critical of Christianity and its followers are typically atheists who have no interest in seeing Islam continue to grow anymore than they do Christianity.

What I do see in several threads a day are people like you who feign persecution so they can feel more justified in their Muslim bashing. Let me share with you the opinion of a progressive atheist:

Any good that religion might bring to the world is far outweighed by the enmity it causes.

Since you're so concerned about the death of this woman in Afghanistan, I'd love to know what you propose to do about it. My guess is that you and ISIS have something in common. The only difference is that you expect the US military to do the killing.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

With all due respect, were not talking about the cursades or the inquisition...........

Were talking about modern day

Hind sight is always 20 20........

But this scourge isn't something that happened 1000 years ago, this is something happening now....

So lets address the NOW

Im so sick of people trying to dredge up things that happened 1000 years ago to justify what these barbarians are doing now..........

And to the other poster, I never pigeonholed anyone, I pointed out exactly whats going on.........

Moderates do not agree with whats going on with people like this..........

But im also sick of having to "qualify" my statements with the preface " not all muslims but"

Because people already know we aren't talking about the moderates.......

So stop using it to detract from the issue at hand

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
A quick search brought up the video. and the mob are using their camera phones.
I don't think acts like this have anything to do with religion, theres something else more intrinsically woven into the minds of human beings which can bypass the reasoning mind and let the savage run wild.

quite possibly true, and im sure to an extent youre pretty accurate....

The issue is that they are using their doctrine as an excuse to do this, and if that doctrine dictates this sort of behavior then reformation is in order..........

What islam needs is stern reformation

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Islam already says burning people is forbidden... As is any disfiguring of the deceased...

So reformation or not, people will do this s#.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It wasn't a 1000 years ago......How many slave owners were Christian? How many witches were killed in Salem?
Did the genocides involving Christian orthodox versus Catholics in Yugoslavia happen a 1000 years ago or a decade ago in EUROPE? How about the Protestant versus Catholics in Ireland.
Do the rapist pedo priests get a reprieve from heinous acts in modern society because they are they are Christian?

I don't think you can pick and choose heinous crimes to devalue a religion, if you do, you will have rational debate come your way on all religions including your own...

Look I am not naive or stupid enough to believe that Christianity made them do those things, all I am asking you to do is ask yourself, what is the real driver behind crimes like these above?

Killing or crimes for Christianity was NOT a 1000 years ago.

Here is a lis of SOME Modern 'Crimes for Christianity', it isn't a easy read. But if you can see its not the tenants of Christs that made people do these things, you should stretch you heart and mind to the same possibility of Islam.

Modern Kuillings for Christianity
See also Modern killings for Islam
Christianity and the Holocaust
The genocide of the Catholic Nazi state in Croatia in WW2.
Christian Arabs carried out appalling massacres in the 1970s-80s Lebanon War, including the Sabra and Shatila massacre of 1982.
1990s Serb Orthodox genocide.
Late 20th century Protestant death squads in Ireland.
People who were killed to let the Christians of the Church of Ireland march down the Garvaghy Road:
The taxi driver Michael McGoldrick
Robbie Hamill
The Catholic girlfriend of a Protestant Bernadette Martin
Adrian Lamph
The three Quinn children
The policeman Frankie Reilly
The solicitor Rosemary Nelson
The Protestant wife of a Catholic Elizabeth O'Neill

markhumphrys.com...
edit on 20-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Why is the first instinct of supposed humanitarians to justify murder with other examples of murder?

I believe it is because these supposed humanitarians are nothing of the sort, perhaps herditarians is a more accurate moniker.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

How dare you. I DID NOT justify the murder.
In fact it disgusts me. Like ALL the murders.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

So, why all the long winded stories about how evil the Christians are?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Because I was replying DIRECTLY to the OPs long winded how UN EVIL and infallible Christians are compared to Muslims.

link   
dp
edit on 20-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

link   
Is it against the law to burn a copy of the Koran?

If so, what is the punishment?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

On his expert authority condemn an entire faith to death then?
THAT is the ONLY option if THAT is true.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Because I was replying DIRECTLY to the OPs long winded how UN EVIL and infallible Christians are compared to Muslims.

So, what you are saying is that, though the OP is correct in that you can burn a bible without being stoned to death, you think that it is important to know that people were killed by Christians in the past, possibly even for burning a bible.

You also have expressed some confidence in the progressive nature of Islam to eventually expunge such barbaric ceremony for a more enlightened and hopeful future. Could muslims in this fantastic future expect your progeny to be so outspokenly reminding of their darker less civilized past as a justification for some great new perpetrator of violence?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm doing a search and having difficulty.

Trying to figure out the criminal penalty for burning a Koran in Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Probably in some countries...

And punishment would probably differ.

However it's been said this woman was mentally ill...
Which means she probably wouldn't have been reprimanded...

It also makes her murder twice as sick, in a sense, if that's possible.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

But that isn't the point.

Is there a penalty for burning a religious text (Koran)?

And what is that penalty?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I thought I already answered that when I said it probably depends on the country.

If your asking about Afghanistan specifically I'll try and find out.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Could muslims in this fantastic future expect your progeny to be so outspokenly reminding of their darker less civilized past as a justification for some great new perpetrator of violence?

Is this ridiculous "future" question that serves as an insult, the best you could come up with now?

I'll go play with Charlie and Beezer now, they seem to be more on topic and in a ACTUAL discussion on the incident and the OP.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join