It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Mob Beats and Burns Woman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Only the bad ones. The good ones don't count, remember?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I don't know what you want me to say, you either have to rewrite your OP to make it NOT sound like Christians are so great and get bashed over the head for nothing and to say Islam is NOT backward and sucks and instead say that ALL societies hide behind their given religious banners to commit atrocities.
or leave it.

*Shrugs, I can't change your thread my old friend, not can I change my interpretation of your wording. I still adore you regardless.
edit on 20-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: greencmp

Surah 4:137

Surely those who believed and then disbelieved, believed again and then disbelieved, and then went on increasing in their disbelief, surely Allah is not to forgive them, nor does He guide them on the path.

Tell me where the above mentions death for Apostacy?

Minor Apostacy, above, is unpunishable...

Major Apostacy, turning on Allah & fighting against believers so to destroy their faith, is punishable, and a call to Jihad.

I'm no Islamic scholar but, if some imam said that allah doesn't forgive you. Well, what do you think comes later that day?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

We are not afraid to speak out.

The media ignore us.

Big difference.

Do not conflate the two, because you paint us as cowards when our faith demands we fight back against the hypocrites.
Which we do!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Do a majority of Christians support killing a man who lays with another man as he would lay with a woman?

No they do not.

Do a majority of Muslims support killing a person who burns the Qur'an?

No they do not.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It is ridiculous how many of the posters here are missing the big picture. The problem with acts like this exists in the tenants of one thing....RELIGION. So whether you are a christian, a Muslim or whatever your beliefs or practices in GODS plan for humanity. At some point in time you will want to advocate your belief on someone else. This is usually done violently especially when you are ascertain that you are correct. The fundamental problem is therefore RELIGION, we should eradicate all public showing of such. One should only practice religion in the comfort of their own private space..this should be a universal law before it is too late for those of us who wants no share or part of such fairy tales.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor
It is ridiculous how many of the posters here are missing the big picture. The problem with acts like this exists in the tenants of one thing....RELIGION. So whether you are a christian, a Muslim or whatever your beliefs or practices in GODS plan for humanity. At some point in time you will want to advocate your belief on someone else. This is usually done violently especially when you are ascertain that you are correct. (Emphasis Railgun's) The fundamental problem is therefore RELIGION, we should eradicate all public showing of such. One should only practice religion in the comfort of their own private space..this should be a universal law before it is too late for those of us who wants no share or part of such fairy tales.

I'm an atheist. And this is patently false. If what you posit were even remotely close to the truth, the entire world would be burning right now.

The simple fact is that a LARGE majority of ALL religious people are peaceful do not act out violently out of religious fervor. I strongly, STRONGLY oppose the eradication of religion. If you value any personal freedom at all, you must also protect the idea that people should be allowed to believe in whatever deity or deities they want to. Anything less would be supporting Totalitarianism.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Ahhh well that Imam would be wrong to imply such and if I shared the following two verses you'll understand why.

Next verse basically says punishment awaits in the afterlife...

Following verse says (paraphrasing) if people mock islam do not stay in the room conversing with them unless they change the subject or debate properly...

Only in quite a few more words than I used.

No, no punishment for minor Apostacy!

No compulsion in faith.

Or just read my sig!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

This is exactly right and it is the reason that our western philosophy of religious tolerance prevents us from engaging in any kind of religious war, despite having religious war declared upon us.

However, being a governmental system of law, manifest Islam is a state with which we could go to war. I think that is the red line.
edit on 20-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Apologies.

What I was looking for was a law IN AFGHANISTAN that says, "If you burn the Koran, your punishment is _______".

My reasoning was to put that attack in context. Is it a cultural thing? Does this happen frequently? Is this really uncommon?

In western countries, if you drive drunk, the law is _______.

Everyone understands this.

I'm just trying to focus on the law that is specific to Afghanistan, and not the Koran, unless Afghanistan law is based soley on the Koran, that is.

Apologies if already answered.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
a reply to: skalla

lol that is africa, a land of madness.

Surely you are not implying that we can discount the murderous activities of Boko Haram as being related to Islam as it all takes place in the whirling cauldron of instability that is much of Africa?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

We have been tolerant for too long while ignoring the obvious truth...statistics will prove that since time immemorial the number of persons killed in the name of organized religion is too innumerable to even fathom. You just check the news by the end of the day and tell me we do not have a problem. The only way to solve this scourge is to eradicate organized religion, therefore if i chooses to pray to Santa Claus in the comfort of my home and i believe my prayer causes it to rain, who does that action affect. Private, individual belief is the only sane solution at this time...or...

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

Athiest Societies:

USSR under Stalin -- Death Toll: 20,000,000

China under Mao -- Death Toll: Estimated to be 38,000,000

You were saying about religion?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

While reading the comparisons of Islam and Christianity here, I couldn't help noticing that the one thing that they have in common is, that they have and will continue to strive for a male dominated world.

Perhaps we should just blame men.

edit on 20-3-2015 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

lol

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yet if NOT called out ,condemns ALL of you to die by association because it's a failsafe DESIGNED to deny the moderate that authorizes and recommends the "TRUE" bielevers must lie to all infidels.
Human NATURE alone screams hell no so if THAT is written how do you fix that issue?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

How can anyone with half a brain label this an act by RADICAL Islam. This mob was made up of Quran Toting Islamist. They were main stream Muslims providing you with a testimony of what they believe. This was an act of Islam.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MrFGB

So the Radical Christians who drag gays behind their pickups until they die are just normal Christians then? The Christians who bomb abortion clinics are just normal Christians too?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

what does the action of one psychopath has to do with being an atheist. These individuals were corrupted by dictatorship power. you could add Hitler to your list, he was a christian...so?? we are talking about removing the power of organized religion and its influence on their followers.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor

Statistics will prove that since time immemorial the number of persons killed in the name of organized religion is too innumerable to even fathom.

And you really think a world without Organized Religion will suddenly stop killing each other?

I used the Atheist societies as an example that even in the absence of organized religion, massive amounts of death STILL occurred. Your militant views on eradicating organized religion makes ALL atheists look bad. And as an atheist myself, I find that disgusting.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join