It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA Just Declassified the Document That Supposedly Justified the Iraq Invasion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Aazadan

Don't forget Netanyahoo's nuclear bomb war mongering, what else is new?

Jon Stewart Blasts Benjamin Netanyahu Speech

Hey Thanks. Wow, Stewart is a righteous comedian prophet!
edit on 21-3-2015 by Gianfar because: grammar

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What was used on the Kurdish people then?

Fairly dust?

Well it might as well have been fairy dust as nothing was used on the Kurdish people in the time leading up to the Iraq war. WMD's were not used on the Kurdish people in 2003, 2003, 2001, 2000 or the few years before that. Saddam did gas the Kurds in 1988.... a full 14 years and abit prior to the 2003 invasion and before the first Gulf War launched by George H Bush.

Now then.... if you can please fill in the giant leap you made from the 1988 gassing of Kurds to the 2003 Iraqi invasion that'd be great. And also please explain why supporters of the invasion continue to deceptively leave the fact this happened in 1988 when they mention this.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

As someone else has said, wmd's were just part of many reasons.

The fact that they had them and used them not that long before the 2003 invasion is why I have no problem bringing it up.

1991 was the last time they used them too, not 80's

Ah I see you explained this further. So explain to us why we decided to wait 12 years to invade Iraq because of this? Considering that the Bush administration also acted like these were new WMDs revealed? It seems like you're trying to connect two unrelated events here to justify the war.

Let's not also forget the first Gulf war occurred right toward 1991, the last time you claim they gassed the Kurds. So forgive me if I'm finding it alittle hard to see how this relates to the 2003 invasion.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So you don't deny they had wmd's then.

Thanks

THe whole WMD argument itself is prima facie ridiculous anyways. Yes, Iraq had WMD's during the Iran/Iraq war. However, there is evidence that US military advisors helped Iraq target those WMD's on Iran!! And we ignored all of that happening the whole time, as Saddam was our ally.

Even if Iraq had WMD's post-911, huge amounts of countries across the world, including the West, have stockpiles of WMD's, and far more than countries like Iraq. It is not illegal to have WMD's by the way (dependent on what they are). If it was illegal to have them, and provides the right for other countries to invade and regime-change the government, then countries have the right as we speak to invade the US, regime-change, and occupy...

Second, it is illegal under international law and national law to unilaterally attack a country that does not pose a real threat nor is at the very least massing on your borders. Preemptive self-defense is not only illegal but immoral.

As Charlie Spiers said, Iraq had not desire to nor ability to pose a threat to the west. It was all lies. The War was illegal and the height of evil.

Face it, our leaders lied to us, manipulated us, and caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis for probable geo-political gain and hegemony. War crimes.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here you have a war started under extremely false pretense that has KILLED MILLIONS OF IRAQIS, THOUSANDS OF AMERICAN TROOPS, AND STILL IS DESTROYING THE ME…

And the GOP are worried about Benghazi! And Hillary Clinton's emails!

Where the moral outrage from these GOP hypocrites?

Its not there for one reason’’
THEY HAVE NO MORALITY!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The supposed? What do all the idiots of the world think only nuclear weapons are weapons of mass destruction (WMD)? Chemical and biological weapons are far more terrible.
When Desert II was becoming inevitable, the Soviets guarded three convoys of Sadams' WMD's into Syria. That is why one of the larges group of Russian soldiers outside the Soviet Union was in Syria...to protect/guard the WMDs they had.
At the same time, the other largest group of Soviet military and civilian intelligence personnel outside the Warsaw Pact was in Mexico. Mexico is not our friend and has never been, any more than Syria or Iran...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: neomaximus10

So the only thing they were certain of was "selling oil illegally"...

What does that even mean?

"Not to us, at the price we prefer"???

Barfing!

What that means is he was selling oil in a currency that wasn't US Dollars.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned it. It's the #1 reason for 9/11 and the invasions. You've wasted 5 pages on talking points presented by your masters without acknowledging the money which is always the motive.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

He had the capability to create his own chemical weapons by 2000 and probably earlier as well those supplied in the 80s would have been inert by 2003.

And this does not make my statement any less accurate.

During the Iraq-Iran war, the US backed Iraq. US Companies, with help from the US Government, supplied the chemicals and know how to help Iraq create it's WMD's, including those that were used against the Kurds.

Is that some how inaccurate?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta
So the perception management wing of the govt gives a sketchy place calling itself "The National Security Archive", like 60 pages, of what was obvious 13 years ago. Sounds legit.

"News", .. yawn.. trivia, useless information nobody is going to do anything about as long as Murica! is in charge.

..however, if US politicians are held accountable, one day.. taken to some international court, a new Nuremberg.... this torture & lies stuff becomes evidence.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrWendal

originally posted by: Brotherman

He had the capability to create his own chemical weapons by 2000 and probably earlier as well those supplied in the 80s would have been inert by 2003.

And this does not make my statement any less accurate.

During the Iraq-Iran war, the US backed Iraq. US Companies, with help from the US Government, supplied the chemicals and know how to help Iraq create it's WMD's, including those that were used against the Kurds.

Is that some how inaccurate?

I don't think I was arguing with you, I guess I don't disagree. Of course Saddam launching scuds at Israel when we invaded is an after action effect and all, well he needed to go long ago. One day old war fighters like me will die too. Too me it does mean something, I didn't realize we had a discrepancy, I apologize for this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join