It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroic moment Waffle House diner confronts man who was beating a woman at the next table

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
A man (whose name was not disclosed) was eating at Waffle House of America (I don't know which one. The article doesn't say) when he saw a man at the next table screaming at a woman that he was with. Things got ugly when the other man struck the woman and proceeded to choke her. When the man saw this he got up and confronted the other diner.
I applaud this guy's actions. I, for one, hate seeing a man abusing a woman. I would have done the same thing. I hope more people will be brave enough to step up and do something about a wrong that's being committed.

Here is the link to the story:LINK

Warning: The video of the event has strong language, which has been bleeped.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I saw this earlier today and pretty much feel the same as you.

This man did the right thing by confronting that little wanna be bad @ss. A real man would never lay a finger on a woman, only cowards do such things.

Like the man in the video, I too watched my mom get the crap beat out of her growing up and it infuriates me to no end to see it happen to others.

I once confronted a little punk who slapped a girl in front of me and nearly got the crap beat out of me in the process. I guess he thought it was okay to hit another girl....I didn't care. It was the right thing to do. Thankfully others stepped in before it got out of hand and the jerk got arrested.
edit on 19-3-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Source says location USA unknown. But that seems to be one Raging Ca'jun !
Signed! Sealed! That little pip squeak got owned! And his little friend whom joined him standing atop the bench. Little fellers couldn't come down.. awwwwww.

Wish there more like this guy out there.
This works in all abuse situations..kids too.
Stand up for your fellow human.

edit on 19-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Note: I don't condone physical violence. The big guy was using words. Some grabbing. Not much more. He didn't punch or CHOKE the little A-hole.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

This fellow, the veteran...

There need to be more out there like him. When people see things like that, they should stamp on that behaviour with a quickness, and I love the fact that this gentleman knew that intrinsically.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Good for him. As a bloke I am not only taller, bigger built and much stronger than my wife - and even were I her size - its just wrong for a man to beat up on a woman for whatever reason. You break your vows maybe and destroy the relationship but you walk away and keep the lawyers out of it.

A man looses his dignity, which is about all he came into the world with, by hitting a woman and also by verbally abusing her. OK Some women don't know when to stop 'arguing' but you can always walk away or give the talk to the hand when dealing with the more loudly delicate of our species.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I once confronted a little punk who slapped a girl in front of me and nearly got the crap beat out of me in the process.

I'm glad it didn't get that far. Yeah, that's one thing guaranteed to send me over the edge. It's one thing I won't tolerate.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Yeah, the guy's my hero. When I saw him pull the dude up out of the chair like that I wanted to clap.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

When people see things like that, they should stamp on that behaviour with a quickness, and I love the fact that this gentleman knew that intrinsically.

So true. I believe that if you see something wrong and do nothing, you're at fault as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I agree. It's wrong even if the guy is four feet tall and the woman is six feet tall. Any man who hits a woman is a coward.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Shiloh7

I agree. It's wrong even if the guy is four feet tall and the woman is six feet tall. Any man who hits a woman is a coward.

Lol.. maybe there could be an exception.. say you're Rhonda Rousy ( or what ever that MMA fighter girls name is ) .. picking a fight with Michael j. Fox at the ICBM House of Crepe. There are few but , non the less cases of women exuding physical harm that need a word or two.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Me and that dude? F###in' homies FOR LIFE. I would have done the same thing, and have. My own dad. Sad but true.

Mad applause for him, s&f for bringing it to my attention Skid Mark.

edit on Cpm6Thursday3320150531Thu, 19 Mar 2015 18:33:05 -05002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eris deliver me from typos

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I once confronted a little punk who slapped a girl in front of me and nearly got the crap beat out of me in the process.

I'm glad it didn't get that far. Yeah, that's one thing guaranteed to send me over the edge. It's one thing I won't tolerate.

Lol! Me too! But, I would do again and not think twice about it.
It was worth a couple of bruises to see the punk in handcuffs.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Bravo to this man for doing the right thing. I wanted to slap the other guy after he said "he good" for about the hundredth time.

What a waste of skin, oxygen, space and time... Both him and his friend. Its bad enough you have a "man" willing and able to put his hands on a woman, but you have another "man" sitting beside him that is obviously ok with it.

Unreal.

This crap occurs and gets out of control because nobody says anything anymore. Everyone is too busy trying to mind their own business instead of stepping in when they see an injustice that this type of behavior now flourishes.

My husband nor my father would have sat there and watched this either. A man stands up. Hopefully the woman took this opportunity to leave this loser, but I have my doubts about that too and maybe that's just another reason folks don't bother to stand up too much any more.
edit on 3/19/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Not to bring pop culture into this but. It's like the final episode of Seinfeld. They were busted for not interfering with the fellow human in trouble.

This guy gets my vote. Some will say he bullied the bully. But if bully number one would not have done what he did... then angry pancake guy wouldn't have to do what he did.

Personally I have done this. Once!
A group of guys decided to pick on an elderly lady. She was having issues driving. So she did actually cut them off at a Sonic's ( Burger joint ). It was clearly confusion on her part.
Five guys got huffy.. they really wanted a burger .. but they swore and threatened her life... I was enjoying my tater tots...
I started shaking with fear.
Then it hit me to the point I could no longer hear or watch..
I got out and started stomping over. ( mind you I'm 6.3 ft... 215lbs with a marine haircut ). It was that instance I had to count on what I looked like.. and hope they would not call my bluff.
As I LOUDLY said what's the F-N problem and please explain!

They retreated at Faster than Benny hill Speeds...

After that I purged a bit.... and couldn't sleep that night...

But it worked.

Thank god... those were Latin kings.

I was scared.. have you ever been so scared... you could hear your heart pounding without plugging your ears..

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I would have done the same thing, and have. My own dad. Sad but true.

Man, that's tough.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

This crap occurs and gets out of control because nobody says anything anymore. Everyone is too busy trying to mind their own business instead of stepping in when they see an injustice that this type of behavior now flourishes.

I agree. It's gone on for far too long. People need to get involved.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

My man!
Way to go.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Thanks..

I've no doubt anyone who posted so far. Would not let such a thing go. You just can't.
Embrace the suck.... and speak out!

But no really I was sick after my incident...

Oh that silly nervous system...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Sadly the woman is probably in hospital with broken rib by now because of the humiliation retaliation that took place when they got home.
The police should have been called.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

They were called. The article said that he was later arrested.

Although it is unclear where in the country the incident took place, according to the YouTube comments, police arrived on the scene and a man was arrested in connection with the assault of the woman.

I'm not sure if he was or not, since they're citing youtube comments, but I hope he was.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join