It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warmest Winter on Record: 2014-2015

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
We've just experienced the Earth's warmest winter on record (since 1880). You can see on the picture below that the eastern US was one of the few places on Earth that experienced a cooler than normal winter. Got that, Sen Jim Inhofe? Your snowball was a matter of location rather than proof of anything.

Global temperatures for December-January. Areas in red and pink were warmer-than-average, while areas in blue were cooler-than-average. Eastern North America was one of the few land areas that saw an unusually cool winter. (Photo: NOAA/NCDC)

edit on 3/18/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
We've been having some pretty hot weather here in So. Cal for a while now. Not to mention the weather has been getting really hot and then cool. It definitely does not make me look forward to summer because I imagine its going to be miserable hot

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Climate change is no doubt happening. But the argument is whether or not humans are responsible. To think we are is not only typical arrogance but is clearly not the case. The Earth is a huge land mass with a massive body of water. Yes we are polluting it, destroying our ecosystems etc. But we are not affecting the planet to the extent we are causing it to warm. It's too soon to tell. But don't worry big brother nanny state government will tell us its all our fault and if they only tax us a little bit more and force us to abandon plastic bags, and monitor how many times we flush the toilet everything will be fine. It's about time we drop this whole climate global warming crap. We have way more immediate problems facing us like water pollution, drought, deforestation, illegal immigration, diversity lol.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I can tell you that it wasn't very warm here. We had a lot of days when the temps were below zero. Also, quite a few days with 12+ inches of snow. Then again, this place is in the mountains but still it was colder then I remember.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
We've been having some pretty hot weather here in So. Cal for a while now. Not to mention the weather has been getting really hot and then cool. It definitely does not make me look forward to summer because I imagine its going to be miserable hot

SOCal is a perfect example. It's a f'ing desert! OC alone uses more water than any other county in the state and its TINY! There are 5 new mega townhome complexes being built within a mile of my house and each can house 100's to 1000's. Why are cities allowing such unchecked growth? CAians are some of the stupidest people on earth! Everyone out here thinks desalination is going to solve all the water problems. They deserve everything that's coming!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist

I'm in New Mexico, but above 6000 feet, and it was warm this year. I think we only had one substantial snow. In January, I was going outside for short periods in shorts.

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I can tell you that it wasn't very warm here. We had a lot of days when the temps were below zero. Also, quite a few days with 12+ inches of snow. Then again, this place is in the mountains but still it was colder then I remember.

I don't know where you are, but the map shows that there were a few places that were actually cooler than usual.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm in West Virginia. I don't know the elevation.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yeah, W. Virginia on the map is one of the blue sections.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I believe the climate is changing but the scientists constantly doctoring numbers doesn't help their case. I also don't believe anything can be done about it. Don't move to Bangladesh. Maybe migrate to Canada.

V

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm with the Senator despite the overwhelming Science that I logically can't refute. The city I'm in has had the most Snowfall ever in recorded history this winter. Over 400cm. Probably 450cm now with today's snow.

Don't flame me thou...I know the earth is warming. I just can't admit it this winter is all.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
im in Washington state and we had no winter..
it went from fall to spring.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I remember seeing a similar map last year. 😞

We might be looking at the new normal.

👣

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I'm in southern Montana and it was -47 degrees F this year. It's cold in Montana in the winter time, but I would say that's colder than average for Montana. The thing of it is that it did get warmer faster this year, but I think that overall it's not a big enough trend to make a difference in the long run. Anybody want to pay their carbon tax today? I think the people of Alaska and Montana will be STRONGLY against any more taxes.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yep warmest ever, as long as you do not count periods like the Paleozoic Era.
edit on 3/18/2015 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The link between solar climate and earth's climate has not been established yet, I think once it is established, and better understood, this will all make more sense.

I don't recall many active sun-spots either. It was cool here, and at night, it got below freezing in Coloado.
Last summer was rather mild too, only a handful of days over 100 degrees.

I think there are cycles to the climates, on a micro-scale, it's not noticeable (50 - 200 years). On a macro-scale, (5,000 - 50,000 or larger). It would make more sense.

Or are climate change pushers trying to say the dinosaurs were burning fossil fuels and using to much plastic as well?

What was that a bout a mini-ice age, what was that, 500 years ago? It will undoubtedly get warmer, still.

For a species that only lives on average, 60 - 80 years, we sure are a jumpy lot.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

I agree, we may see a warming trend, but that doesn't mean that whatever winters we have may end off to be more colder and intense.

Still life thrive in warmer weather, while it declines during colder cycles.

People tend to see earth clima as today during just their life span, forgetting that earth is a lot older and has been around for a long time before we got here and will still be here long after we are gone taking into consideration humans very short life span.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

To think we aren't is arrogance. Many things can cause climate change. Disastrous events, cyclical changes. Climate can change due to getting more energy or less from the sun... it can also change due to events that block some solar energy or amplify solar energy.

Things that cause greenhouse gases to increase in the atmosphere cause global warming, why would it any different if humans are the ones increasing greenhouse gases?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Azdraik

Did you miss the recorded history part?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Seems like every planet in our solar system is also on a warming trend.......

Perhaps the warming is due to that GIANT ball of nuclear energy at the center of our solar system that gives us light......

I mean or not....I guess the SUN has nothing to do with anything........

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well we just have two solar flares and about to hit earth, interestingly the sun has been very active since last year.

Sun Unleashes 1st Monster Solar Flare of 2015

news.yahoo.com...

maybe the sun has something to do with the warming trend in earth, but doesn't account for the very cold winter we had and still having up north, while California has been warm.

edit on 18-3-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join