It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warmest Winter on Record: 2014-2015

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne
Warmest on record?

What record?

The records that have been kept on global temperatures since 1880...

For what region?

"GLOBAL temperatures". For the Globe. The planet. Earth

Since when does winter represent December to January only as your image with no source shows?

I'm SO SORRY! Seriously, I am sorry I forgot to include a source link! *hangs head*... Source

December to January of what year? This year? Last year? 50 years ago? No context whatsoever.

Did you read the title? 2014-2015.

This falls just shy of trolling, which is something you don't normally do.

I don't EVER purposefully leave out a link. I made a mistake and I feel sufficiently bad about it. Can you forgive me for being human? Just this once?

Associated Press
Yahoo News
Live Science
The Weather Network
NewsMax

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne
Warmest on record?

What record?

The records that have been kept on global temperatures since 1880...

I still love you.
I know you didn't intend it... you're really good about posting sources. but it made things very questionable to anyone else looking at your post.

But from your source, you can't leave this part out:

Some of the warmer-than-average temperatures over the winter are because of a nascent El Niño —- a climate pattern when warm sea-surface temperatures in the Pacific influence weather around the world.

That's an important and very relevant piece of info.

~Namaste
edit on 19-3-2015 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2015 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Mar 22 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Got that, Sen Jim Inhofe? Your snowball was a matter of location rather than proof of anything.

That's the problem. Our elected idiots treat most issues that way: "I found an example of things being normal so there's clearly not a problem that needs to be addressed."

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well as you can see by the map it was very cold here in Michigan.

I didn't see effects. More like an ice age up here.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I can tell you that it wasn't very warm here. We had a lot of days when the temps were below zero. Also, quite a few days with 12+ inches of snow. Then again, this place is in the mountains but still it was colder then I remember.

uhmm...in the southern hemisphere it is actually summer...maybe someone could explain 5th grade science to senator Inhofe. what this means is that he can say this with impunity, because the people that voted for him will take him seriously. the entire world doesn't experience winter at the same time as Washington DC does.....oh and guess what, there are snowballs in Antarctica at the same time that it is 108 degrees in phoenix, Arizona, senator Inhofe.....another SHOCKER!! you can point out on the floor of the senate.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Whatever is happening, I reject the idea of turning over so much money and political power to Environmentalists. According to the Global Warming people, and their insistence about "Consensus", the measures they demand threaten Democracy. The idea of placing so much power in the hands of so few threatens our Democracy. Whatever the case, the damage or destruction to Democracy over some "Consensus" is an unacceptable cost.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: naftaland

I'm not by any means saying that concentrated power in the hands of a few is a good idea, no matter who they are or how much I agree with the principles espoused however, how the hell is it different from what we have now? Besides, much of environmentalism is about local power.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ya, tell me about it.

Myself and many others are not very happy with this years turnout

Without the recreation, winter just plain sucks

Nothing cool or fun about it at all

edit on 19-3-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

no different down here in the Rockies though. it got to the point where I was just ruining boards on all the exposed rock, Midwinter I said # it and went back to Moab. Something's definitely wrong with that and it's being largely ignored. Year after year weather is getting weirder and nobody's saying # about it. I hope this doesn't become a trend.. Life without pow sounds pretty bleak I can't do it

edit on 20-3-2015 by isthisreaI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
that's what you get with 'seasonally adjusted' data (read: distorted data)... I wonder what the RAW data shows, I bet it was not the warmest winter in history of entire universe

www.zerohedge.com...

But still more worrying has been the evidence that even this data has then been subjected to continual “adjustments”, invariably in only one direction. Earlier temperatures are adjusted downwards, more recent temperatures upwards, thus giving the impression that they have risen much more sharply than was shown by the original data.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: donhuangenaro

Propaganda, myth and outright deception.

Had the data not been "adjusted" it would show a much stronger warming trend. There's quite a few threads on ATS discussing the topic, check them out... maybe you'll learn why it's perfectly legitimate to do the adjustments and why it would be dishonest NOT to do so.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Where is the science? Where are the facts? Please point us to some actual facts backed up by reason?

Delusional theories are all you have. The united States has seen some of the coldest temperatures the last two years.

You global warming whack jobs need to be medicated..

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Next these whackjobs will be blaming us for the warming of every planet in the solar system.... Oops, they have already done that..

Medication time tree-huggers..

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: truckdriver42

The science is all over the place. It isn't hard to look.

Yes, the U.S. has been pretty cool the last two winters... but only parts of it:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

See... The trash burner is about to cast shadow on the temperature measurement station. If we don't "adjust" the data, the temperature will be inexact!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Can you actually prove that the climate has been changing because of CO2?

Oh wait, yeah I forget, the fact that throughout the last several years there have been regions of the world that have experienced colder winters on record is being caused by CO2... CO2 causes both warming and cooling...

edit on 22-3-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You mean like "adjusting" the data from Russia, among many other countries to show warmer when it was colder? Or to not include data of a majority of Russia which showed colder or that do not show substantial warming?...

Climategate has already affected Russia. On Tuesday, the Moscow-based Institute of Economic Analysis (IEA) issued a report claiming that the Hadley Center for Climate Change based at the headquarters of the British Meteorological Office in Exeter (Devon, England) had probably tampered with Russian-climate data.

The IEA believes that Russian meteorological-station data did not substantiate the anthropogenic global-warming theory. Analysts say Russian meteorological stations cover most of the country's territory, and that the Hadley Center had used data submitted by only 25% of such stations in its reports. Over 40% of Russian territory was not included in global-temperature calculations for some other reasons, rather than the lack of meteorological stations and observations.

The data of stations located in areas not listed in the Hadley Climate Research Unit Temperature UK (HadCRUT) survey often does not show any substantial warming in the late 20th century and the early 21st century.

www.qando.net...

Heck, if we actually look at the raw data from NASA in many of the places they claim that "it has become warmer" the raw data shows a different picture...

For example.

The "adjusted" data for Puerto Casado in Paraguay (1950-2014) from NASA website shows as.

data.giss.nasa.gov...

The "raw" temperature data from that same station from NASA shows...

data.giss.nasa.gov...

You think the above is the only example of "adjusting" towards more warming when the raw data shows the opposite?... Read the following.

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 22-3-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

If those are the same stations, why are (A) the date ranges different (B) the station IDs different?

e: also the ds (assuming 'data set') is different. Look, here's one with ds=1 and the same link with ds=14, like your example. Take a gander:
ds=1
ds=14
e2: Also valid values for the ds parameter: 13, 12, 2, 0 (this one has 5 different plots listed at the same coordinates and with the same name).
edit on 0Mon, 23 Mar 2015 00:29:01 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago3 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Because the second one is the older one, having three less data points at the end.

And the "adjusted data" is newer with 3 more data points added

If you look at the data points on both graphs there are parts that are the same, except in the "adjusted data" it was "adjusted" to make it look like it has been warming, instead of what the raw data actually shows.

edit on 23-3-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

A few years back I made a thread showing several pictures of where temp stations where located. Many of them were either on parking lots, close to ventilation shafts from buildings, and right next to AC units, etc.

This is weird. Can't find that thread anymore. There were several pages worth of photos of surface stations, but it seems to be gone now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join