It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next up for ISIS destruction: Sphinx and Pyramids

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Why does Obama need to do anything in the first place? Can't we just let the ptb in the region take care of their own problems for once?

Because apparently they aren't taking care of their own problems. ISIS is running rampant in that region.

@ krazy and Unbreakable.
IF the US gets involved the ROE need to be set so no prisoners will be taken and no quarter given. If you have a gun you die simple as that. you refuse to surrender you die. There is no room for geneva conventions here. No mercy. They dont have any for the people they kill and should expect no better.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The American people are still widely against warring in the Middle East...

Are they? I suspect more and more people are actually starting to want a formal military action against ISIS.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
You might think they're on their way out, but IMO it's not a 'reasonable' conclusion.

Sure it is.

As of March 4:
"ISIS getting stronger in Libya
Talks on boosting security 'enormous challenge'"

Looks like ISIS seized a foothold in Libya trying to capitalize on the country's inner turmoil (in other words the country is destabilized). It also appears that they are seeking new ground as they flee the bombings in Syria and Iraq. So, what I get from this is that ISIS is becoming an international game of whack-a-mole.

As of Feb. 14:
"We need to stop ISIS from getting stronger
When it was only al-Queda a former U.S. president recognized the danger and threw the substantial weight of our Military behind defeating the movement by whatever means necessary. Now we have an enemy who clearly has declared war on us but our government is trying to develop a way to frame the issue in a manner that doesn't mean we're at war. One side has declared war and devotes all of their resources to winning. The other dithers with definitions and accomplishes very little. "
www.thealpenanews.com...

Ok, that is clearly right wing political rhetoric and not evidence that ISIS poses a continuing threat. Not to mention it justified George W. Bush's invasion of Iraq as "any means necessary" to wipe out al-Queda. Sorry, but I can't take the above seriously. I've seen those very same arguments here on ATS and just because you can find them in a Michigan newspaper doesn't make them any more valid.

As of Jan. 28:
"A small victory in Syria is no reason to celebrate as the Islamic State gets stronger"
www.washingtonpost.com... 11e4-a06b-9df2002b86a0_story.html

First off, your link was broken, but no worries I googled it. So I read over the link and I just see a bunch more right wing pro-war rhetoric. At least this time there are some flimsy stats backing up its claim unlike that previous paragraph.

Having strength in a destabilized country isn't worrisome to me. That means that ISIS can take advantage of relaxed security as the government in the area weakens, yet ISIS has made ZERO headway into any country that isn't destabilized. ZERO. Sure, there may be some ISIS presences in other countries, but nothing that could amount to a foothold for them to launch offensives against the country's military.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse
Because somebody(s) very high up in the food chain wants them to exist, and wants them to keep doing what they are doing. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Muslims have been threatening to destroy the pyramids since the Morsi Admin took over from Mubarak. At least the junta who took over the Mubarak is smart enough to understand that tourism is about the only thing Egypt has going for it at present, and without those "idols," they have no tourism.

ISIS will have to fight to destroy them I think, but I don't know who strong the current people in charge of Egypt are.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok, I see. If the sources don't agree with your "ISIS is on the way out" rhetoric, it's basically right wing propaganda, so it must be wrong. So since you're obviously an expert on ME events and use left-wing sources like CNN saying ISIS is dwindling, it must be the truth. I'm outta here.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Well I certainly don't see them posing a threat to non-destabilized countries. Italy is shaking in its boots because of Libya, but I'm pretty sure its army could keep those bozos out easily.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I honestly don't know why someone hasn't risen up and declared a new crusade on ISIS, and well, Islam in general. They should take all the people online and TV who rant and rave about how they need to be exterminated shipped over there with guns. Maybe they could all meet in a port city here in the USA, travel to North Africa and then be bussed to the Holy Land to begin waging war.

They seem to love to beat their war drums from the comfort of their couches and computer desks, why not volunteer to create a crusader army to stop ISIS? These people should be actively looking to sign up for something like this I would think.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

The American people are still widely against warring in the Middle East...

Are they? I suspect more and more people are actually starting to want a formal military action against ISIS.

Hmmm, you appear to be correct unfortunately...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If they manage to destroy the pyramids and the sphinx ... where will you stand then?

I think most people who think they need to be destroyed see the toll they are taking on the people and on the history of the region and we feel frustrated by it.

What are we supposed to do? Can you at least admit it's deeply and horribly wrong?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Apparently TC can't read his own source, and no one else in this thread bothered to. The article dates to 2012, before ISIS was even a thing. My god, ATSers..

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Well I certainly don't see them posing a threat to non-destabilized countries. Italy is shaking in its boots because of Libya, but I'm pretty sure its army could keep those bozos out easily.

Italy is laughing at ISIS. As well they should. They have an extensive history in dealing with terrorists. That's what I'm saying. They aren't screwing with people that could crush them easily.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What are we supposed to do? Can you at least admit it's deeply and horribly wrong?

If I admitted this, would you believe me? Just curious because I've said that I don't agree with ISIS many times over the last so many weeks and am not apologizing for them yet the hate continues to mount against me for my anti-war stance.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Well that's good to see. Last source I saw on the matter said that Italy was scared of an invasion from ISIS through Libya, but, as you can see in my previous post regardless of what danger Italy thinks ISIS poses, Italy would wipe the floor with them.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If I admitted this, would you believe me? Just curious because I've said that I don't agree with ISIS many times over the last so many weeks and am not apologizing for them yet the hate continues to mount against me for my anti-war stance.

Feeling a bit persecuted are we?

I haven't said anything one way or another except that it is a problem that needs to be addressed.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard

Apparently TC can't read his own source, and no one else in this thread bothered to. The article dates to 2012, before ISIS was even a thing. My god, ATSers..

Holy crap! Good call lol!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't know, maybe create their own paramilitary organization and recruit a bunch of people to go battle them?

If the US Gov. isn't doing enough, and if our military isn't doing enough (according to them) -- why aren't they traveling by boat and plane to the Middle East?

If people here are so afraid of Islam taking over the world, you would think it wouldn't be a hard sell for some charismatic leader to get thousands signed up to march through the Middle East.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard

Oops, sorry, I obviously posted the wrong source. Here's the article I intended on posting. Agreed, just goes to show you how close people are paying attention, including myself.

www.thetreeofliberty.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Why did you post a link to a forum? Just post the RT source that the forum linked to.

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Feeling a bit persecuted are we?

I haven't said anything one way or another except that it is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Just curious really. I could care less what my popularity is here and who likes me and who doesn't. To be honest, it is very illuminating to me when the person I am talking to starts hating me over not wanting to go to war. Watching them make up insinuations about my beliefs so they can justify the hate. Then I get to watch the conversation spiral downwards as the posts become more emotionally charged. To me, it appears these people want war for reasons that go beyond just stopping ISIS.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join