It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopters collide over Argentina- 10 dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
A French television crew is among the ten people killed when two helicopters collided in flight over Argentina. The helicopters were near Villa Castelli filming a documentary at the time of the accident.

rt.com...

They were filming an annual survival and endurance competition. One helicopter may have belonged to the provincial authorities.
edit on 3/9/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I am not a pilot

I will never be a pilot

But god darn it, when I drive a car I am super careful, what is wrong with some of these pilots out there !

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Aaamok88

Helicopters are small and hard to see in flight. If there's no controller watching the airspace, which there wouldn't be here, they'd have to watch out for themselves, and it only takes a second or two to lose sight of the other helicopter.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
They were filming the show Dropped, in which celebrities are flown into rough terrain and filmed trying to find food and shelter.

Killed in the crash were Yachtswoman Florence Arthaud, Olympic swimmer Camille Muffat and Olympic boxer Alexis Vastine. Five crew members, and the two Argentine pilots were also killed. A French swimmer was shipped to be on board but got off at the last minute to prevent overloading.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
They were filming the show Dropped, in which celebrities are flown into rough terrain and filmed trying to find food and shelter.

Killed in the crash were Yachtswoman Florence Arthaud, Olympic swimmer Camille Muffat and Olympic boxer Alexis Vastine. Five crew members, and the two Argentine pilots were also killed. A French swimmer was shipped to be on board but got off at the last minute to prevent overloading.
Tragic accident. My condolences to those affected.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Aaamok88
Helicopters are small and hard to see in flight.

I'm sorry, but after watching the video, this doesn't seem like the case at all. The helicopter all the way in the back had a clear view of that helicopter. It seems like he wasn't paying attention in this case.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

You'd be surprised. There was a midair between a small plane and a helicopter over the Hudson River, on a perfectly clear day. The plane came up from behind the helicopter from several miles back, and sheared a wing off after hitting the rotors.

It can look like they should have seen each other, and they never did. All it takes is a second or two of losing sight of the other helicopter and they'll hit without ever seeing each other again.

new topics

top topics

join