It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA is ready to send troops in Ukraine against Russia next week?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The troops are only to train in the peaceful areas, not to fight. Britain is sending some too for the same reasons. This will only be a limited amount of troops, if they were going there to fight then the troop count would be in the masses. Russian media has been putting a spin on this, making it look like these are fighting troops, for weeks now. The real US troop buildup is happening in the baltics. The only nation sending troops to fight in Ukraine at the moment is Russia.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Certainty don't want to end my life as radioactive dust over it.

That's not going to happen.
MAD - Mutually Assured Destruction.

Both the US and Russia know full well that the moment either fires any Nuclear device their towns and cities would be wiped out in retaliation.

Within minutes of either firing and Nuke the opposite side would do the same. Using a Nuclear weapon would be suicide, and everyone knows it.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
According news last week the number was 300

The US previously announced that they were planning on sending at least 300 military personnel to train Ukrainian soldiers. The American personnel will be stationed at the Yavoriv International Peacekeeping and Security Center (IPSC). The 300 US Army military personnel deployed to Ukraine to conduct a joint training mission with the Ukrainian army at a peacekeeping center near Lviv from March 5 until October 21 have already arrived, Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs representative Aleksandr Lukashevich announced on Thursday.

Sputnik News

You forgot to tell that Russia is having Major training practice in Ukrainian border. Putin is playing dangerous games, I guess you have missed the news of the upcoming Putin document, where he confesses his goals to take over Crimea etc.
Daily Telegraph

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I would normally agree 100%, but Putin's kind of crazy. Crazy enough to perform a first strike, I don't know. I hope you're right though.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JonStone

I would normally agree 100%, but Putin's kind of crazy. Crazy enough to perform a first strike, I don't know. I hope you're right though.

I think he's mentally unstable, but he seems to be driven by an irrational romantic notion of recreating the USSR, and doing anything that would risk his entire nation to such a degree I think would be taking it too far.

I think he's mad, but I don't think he's that mad, perhaps just delusional?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I don't think he's mentally unstable, unless you count being a sociopath as unstable. Most world leaders and CEOs are sociopaths anyway. I genuinely believe he's trying to do right by Russia, but going about it wrong.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Crazy, this is not comparable to Iraq in the slightest. The US, UK and the other coalition partners didn't annex the country. Yes, the reasons for war were trumped up, but in all honesty if they had simply said "we want rid of Saddam, he's on sick puppy" (and he was) I would have been happy with that explanation. We should have toppled him 12 years prior, to be fair.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I have no doubt that he's trying to do well for Russia, but so was Hitler in his mind.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: crazyewok
Certainty don't want to end my life as radioactive dust over it.

That's not going to happen.
MAD - Mutually Assured Destruction.

Both the US and Russia know full well that the moment either fires any Nuclear device their towns and cities would be wiped out in retaliation.

Within minutes of either firing and Nuke the opposite side would do the same. Using a Nuclear weapon would be suicide, and everyone knows it.

Hence why Russia is not marching out of Ukraine and We are not Marching into to Moscow.

Ukraine just lost the game of geopolitics.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JonStone

Thats why we should not get to involved in Ukraine.

Hes not mad enough to march into NATO territory but could react badly to us getting to close to Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

So the world should do nothing because Ukraine signed the Budapest Memoandum, which Russia has quite happily wiped it's arse with?

Are you okay with Russia annexing other non-nuclear armed countries under the pretext of "I don't want nuclear war"?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
but in all honesty if they had simply said "we want rid of Saddam, he's on sick puppy" (and he was) I would have been happy with that explanation. We should have toppled him 12 years prior, to be fair.

Yeah........ cause Iraq has faired so much better since we got involved there.......

A illegal war is a illegal war.

At the end of the day if your goal in life is to end up as radioactive dust fighting Russia over a backwards insignificant former USSR state then I can only hope you don't drag me into it too.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

So the world should do nothing because Ukraine signed the Budapest Memoandum, which Russia has quite happily wiped it's arse with?

Are you okay with Russia annexing other non-nuclear armed countries under the pretext of "I don't want nuclear war"?

As I said.

Better alive than dead in a Nuclear war.

You may be happy and safe in Japan.

Unfortunately Im not and live close enough to London to die a horrible death if the nukes fall.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

What was illegal about it, Crazy? UNSC resolution 1441 provided the legal cover and Saddam wasn't abiding by it, even if he was blustering about his WMD program.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

As if Tokyo would be spared Nuclear destruction in the event of M.A.D.

I'm in just as much danger as you are. Hell maybe even more. China has been itching for a reason to strike Japan for decades now, and NK as well. We might not have pissed off Russia yet, but we've got missiles pointed at us too, you know.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

What was illegal about it, Crazy? UNSC resolution 1441 provided the legal cover and Saddam wasn't abiding by it, even if he was blustering about his WMD program.

It was not sanctioned by the UN and our PM basically perjured himself to sell it to us.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

As if Tokyo would be spared Nuclear destruction in the event of M.A.D.

I'm in just as much danger as you are. Hell maybe even more. China has been itching for a reason to strike Japan for decades now, and NK as well. We might not have pissed off Russia yet, but we've got missiles pointed at us too, you know.

Well the, even better reason not to piss Russia or China off unless we absolutely have too.

And a corrupt former USSR state with a insignificant economy to me is not a case of "absolutely have too".

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Ukraine's economy may be struggling, but is that alone the impetus to throw our collective hands up and abandon them to be overrun by Russian forces and taken back into a reforming Soviet Union? What about when Russia goes after other non-nuclear states, when do we say enough is enough?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
We sent in special people to train the Iraq soldiers. That went extremely well didn't it. They can't win against ISIS.

If they want help training their soldiers, maybe they should find a different teacher. I'm sure our Soldiers here know how to fight, but they have to teach what is in the book that is probably written by someone who has never seen active combat.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This thread is awesome! Mix Russia / Ukraine mumbojumbo with a healthy dose of world conspiracy and a dash of crazy Greek prophecies! Of course some references to Vietnam popped up spontaneously with the following obligatory MAD discussion.

I wonder where this thread will end!
edit on 9-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join