It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Clock jumps ahead One Hour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
That's right folks, don't forget to set your clocks one hour ahead before you go to bed in tonight the USA, if your area is appropriate for this setting.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'm gonna miss that hour.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Why Sunday ?

At my country it`s always a Saturday, how many people come up late for work because it`s Sunday ?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

It's Sunday at 2AM in the morning when it happens.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Alright, I got it now...DOH !

It`s already past that time over here.

edit on 8 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

It officially switches over at 2 am Sunday morning, and it has already occurred (at least in my neck of the woods). So we do get to avoid the over sleeping thing on Monday morning.

ETA - Someone beat me to it, so for your viewing pleasure....

edit on 3/8/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

So we do get to avoid the over sleeping thing on Monday morning.

It still happens.

It`s the same as with us...I forgot because of the posting you guys are behind the time and it still needs to come up.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Thank god you were talking about adjusting the clock for daylight savings (Australia ) . Not this other doomsaday clock .

Add one hour to that and well

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I could never remember which way to change the clock until I learnt a little saying -leap forward into spring and fall back into winter, which is a bit strange it must come from America cos in my parts we call it autumn. Anyway so now I remember which way to change the clock but I never get where that lost hour goes or where the gained hour comes from or what.
edit on 8-3-2015 by Cloudbuster because: Dumb mistake

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It's nice when you don't have to ever change it like here in Arizona.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Thank you Benjamin Franklin!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
I could never remember which way to change the clock until I learnt a little saying -leap forward into spring and fall back into winter, which is a bit strange it must come from America cos in my parts we call it autumn. Anyway so now I remember which way to change the clock but I never get where that lost hour goes or where the gained hour comes from or what.

Here we say "spring ahead, fall back"

Fall is interchangeable with autumn here in the northeast usa. We call it fall, because that's the season leaves fall from the trees.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
It's nice when you don't have to ever change it like here in Arizona.

Alaska is about to follow AZ's lead in that regard. That's a wonderful thing as the seasonal clock changing is beyond ridiculous and symbolizes the epitome of mankind's never ending "there must be something we could be doing right now, something we could be futzing with" attitude.
edit on 8-3-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

ETA: I always thought the practice was made ridiculously archaic with the advent of the electric bulb... imagine my surprise when I discovered the practice didn't come into being until after that bulb was already invented and in standard use. Nobody ever went broke betting on the stupidity of man.
edit on 8-3-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I never understood the reasoning behind this.

Some intellectual figured he knew a 'better' way for us peasants to be more productive.

Kind of like how new laws get passed that are 'for our own good'. Thank God we have people ruling us that know best.

join