It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Most Unsettling Trend: Christians Rejoicing in ISIS

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Hey, excuse me for butting in, Mr Military Man and Mercenary - but, do you ever feel bad about what you did wherever you were in combat?

And - have you heard how drone operators are leaving in droves and are so messed up they can barely function?

Just wondering.
Yours truly,
Mrs PTSD-Suffering-Veteran -- yep! his wife, and his 'handler', his confidant and his best friend.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Xtrozero

Hey, excuse me for butting in, Mr Military Man and Mercenary - but, do you ever feel bad about what you did wherever you were in combat?

And - have you heard how drone operators are leaving in droves and are so messed up they can barely function?

Just wondering.
Yours truly,
Mrs PTSD-Suffering-Veteran -- yep! his wife, and his 'handler', his confidant and his best friend.

I fly airplanes, drones and few other skills... Nope I sleep well at night.... I have not seen what you are suggesting and I know about 250 drone operators.

PTSD affects everyone differently. My only PTSD experience was a recurring dream of where I was walking bare foot in the bathrooms over there...go figure.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

ISIS is just keeping folks attention focused there while the real bad ass sneaks up from behind.

Iran.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
I can't be the only one who saw this coming? THAT is what is truly terrifying about Christian fundentalist influence in the political realm...violent chaos in the Middle East, to them, is a signal for Jesus' return, and their salvation. THAT is scary. They have motivation to desire such things. This guy justt brought the thought forward openly. But it has seemed to me this would be a thought Christian fundamentalists would have for a while.

No, you're not the only one who saw this coming but not nearly enough of us did. It's the same reason that they don't care about the environment and want war, war, war.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Tangerine
Bush flat-out called it a crusade.

Bush said a lot of crap... do you agree all of it was to the fact correct? Or is this your one stance to suggest we had/have a holy war?

On the white house lawn bush said one time.... "This crusade, this war on terrorism, is going to take a while."

cru·sade
kro͞oˈsād/Submit
lead or take part in an energetic and organized campaign concerning a social, political, or religious issue.
"he crusaded against gambling in the 1950s"
synonyms: campaign, fight, do battle, battle, take up arms, work, strive, struggle, agitate, lobby, champion, promote
"she likes crusading for the cause of the underdog"

Bush routinely used catch phrases and code words such as "evil doers" and "crusade" targeted at his core supporters: the Religious Right. Many people may have taken "crusade" to mean a battle. The Religious Right took it to mean religious war. The Muslims took it to mean religious war. Bush didn't write his own speeches. They were vetted and words like that were used intentionally.
edit on 6-3-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I can't be the only one who saw this coming? THAT is what is truly terrifying about Christian fundentalist influence in the political realm...violent chaos in the Middle East, to them, is a signal for Jesus' return, and their salvation. THAT is scary. They have motivation to desire such things. This guy justt brought the thought forward openly. But it has seemed to me this would be a thought Christian fundamentalists would have for a while.

No, you're not the only one who saw this coming but not nearly enough of us did. It's the same reason that they don't care about the environment and want war, war, war.

IRAN.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

Also as an atheist , they have no hope in an afterlife, Christians have every hope in God there is a difference.

No hope? I beg to differ.

I guess you didn't get the memo.

www.catholic.org...

Christians dont value their lives like atheists do, our hope is not here, its not this life.

Who died and made you spokesperson for Christians? I value my life every bit as much as any atheist.

and yes we do welcome the apocalypse, the return of Jesus, justice, redemption and peace. Its sad some haven't chosen a relationship with God but thats a choice.

Apocalypse simply means unveiling or unfolding. Most Christians don't understand what that truly means, because they aren't mystics.They are infants in the faith, listening to other infants.

People, as a liberal Christian mystic I want to apologize for all these knuckleheads that don't grok the heart of religion. I do my best to combat the ignorance of extremism, but moderates and liberals aren't able to set them all straight. Rest assured we are trying.

👣

edit on 266Friday000000America/ChicagoMar000000FridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

What does the environment (local vegetation) have to do with armed humans trying to exterminate each other (some shrubberies die in the explosion aimed at some innocents house?).

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

What does the environment (local vegetation) have to do with armed humans trying to exterminate each other (some shrubberies die in the explosion aimed at some innocents house?).

You think the environment is limited to local vegetation? Obviously, a lack of concern about the environment and a lust for war, war, war fit right into the belief that Armageddon is right around the corner and "bring it on!"

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
Looking forward to the return of the Lord, and "rejoicing" in the death, torture and destruction of Mankind, are two different and distinct things.

Christians, true Christians, will mourn the loss of loved ones during the Apocalypse, just like everyone else. They do, however, have the end of all suffering, and injustice on Earth to look forward to, as well as eternal life alongside their risen Lord and Savior.

It's really not that difficult to understand.

True Christians will change as the winds change in an Apocalypse, just like everywhere else.

They do, however, have NO end of all suffering, and injustice on Earth to look forward to, or eternal life alongside a risen Lord and Savior.

It is very difficult to understand.; How a group of people can cherry pick the very book they read, and come up with so many different versions that all cannot possibly happen in ANY of the orders they believe.

The most difficult thing will be calming the panicked and COMPLETELY despondent lost and ALONE Christians who have everything they dreamed of in Church being laid out in INCREDIBLE DETAIL, as being not only dead wrong, but having caused the deaths of so many, and having had been no better in the end at figuring anything out than all that they secretly despise....

No, no escape will be seen for you, it is not and never was about you, only what you can do for someone else, and they hide amongst you now, while we smoke them out it I dare say this, GET OUT OF THE WAY !!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Soylent green.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

Sadly there are many ignorant Christians around

Yes, and you're one of them.

Guys, once again I apologize for the ignorance of fundamentalist, literalist Christians.

Christ will return to end it all.

Yes, but that doesn't mean what you think it means. Christ returns every time a mystic groks the truth. For that person, the world does end. In a way. The end of the world is not a macro-scale event. It's micro-scale, and it's happening all the time.

'Whoever drinks from my mouth will become as I am; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him.' – Gospel of Thomas, saying 108

Christ already returned, is returning, and will return. He is many people, even non-Christian people, and he is disappointed in many Christians.

There is the Christianity of the majority, the lowest common denominator, the wide path. And then there is an inner Christianity of the minority, of the narrow path.

The former are in for a rude awakening.

'Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven' Matthew 7:21

👣

edit on 656Saturday000000America/ChicagoMar000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

my mom was a fundamentalist, literalist, democrat, christian.
she was short and sweet, long suffering, patient and kind, generous to a fault. and you just insulted her.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Turn the other cheek then.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

my mom was a fundamentalist, literalist, democrat, christian.
she was short and sweet, long suffering, patient and kind, generous to a fault. and you just insulted her.

No, her fellow fundamentalist literalists did. By being ignorant idolatrous idiots.

I call em like I see em.

👣

edit on 705Saturday000000America/ChicagoMar000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: undo

Turn the other cheek then.

she's dead, don't think she'll be turning the other cheek.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

and you're literally driving away christian democrats by calling them idiots based on their world view.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

What an ugly sickening source you have there. The whole intent of this
post is to spread hate.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

and you're literally driving away christian democrats by calling them idiots based on their world view.

Dude, I *am* a Christian democrat. But I'm not a fundamentalist.

👣

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Heya Randy!

Why do you say patheos is ugly and sickening? It's a major hub for discussion of ALL THINGS religious - and has bloggers who represent every point of view there is.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join