It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS SCOOP! I Found Hillary's Mysterious Eric Hoteham!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
In doing Internet research for my other thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
...I came across an old and obscure article making reference to Eric Hotehem, the mystery person connected to Hillary Clinton's personal server and email accounts.

In current press accounts from the past couple of days, only a couple of enigmatic references to this mystery person have been found...resulting in much speculation as to who this person is, what his relationship to the Clintons may be (if he indeed exists), or even if Eric Hoteham/Hotehem is an anagram.

The article below lists what is known to date about this entity which, articles state “does not appear in public records databases, campaign contribution records or Internet background searches.”:

Who Is Eric Hoteham? Clinton Private Server Listed Under Mysterious, Untraceable Name

It remains unclear exactly who set up and maintained the private email server for Clinton, but the AP traced it back to Eric Hoteham – a mysterious identity that “does not appear in public records databases, campaign contribution records or Internet background searches.”

However, Hoteham’s name is listed as a customer at the Clinton’s $1.7 million estate on Old House Lane in Chappaqua. The records have been registered for the Internet address for her email server since August 2010 and Hoteham is also listed as someone associated with the website “presidentclinton.com” and a defunct address for “wjcoffice.com.

As of Wednesday, several fake Twitter accounts had been created representing the “Eric Hoteham” personality.

washington.cbslocal.com...Found

HERE is the 2001 article I found which mentions an Eric Hothem as a "Clinton aide" who was apparently integral in the Clinton's moving into their suburban New York home. The original article is taken from the Washington Post (I have edited the lengthy body of the article, highlighting the reference to Eric Hothem). Also note the intriguing references to Vice Foster at the end of the article.

Clintons Shipped Furniture a Year Ago

** White House Usher Doubted Ownership

President Bill Clinton and his wife started shipping furniture from the White House to the Clintons' newly purchased home in New York more than a year ago, despite questions at the time by the chief usher about whether they were entitled to remove the items.

The day before the items were shipped out, White House chief usher Gary J. Walters said he asked whether the Clintons should be taking the furnishings because he believed they were government property donated as part of a White House redecoration project in 1993, during Clinton's first year in office.

Walters said he accepted without a fuss the determination of the counsel's office, in a memo dated Jan. 3, 2000, that the gifts were personal Clinton property. In the memo, White House associate counsel Meredith Cabe said the reason the four items "arrived after the Clintons" was each item "was given a special finish" under Hockersmith's direction "to match the design decor selected by the Clintons for individual rooms in their personal space in the Residence." Cabe said she was relying on information from Hockersmith.

"I'm not a lawyer," Walters said. "I didn't feel I was in a position to argue with the counsel's office."

Payne said, "No item, nothing, was removed without the approval of the usher's and curator's office."

Walters blamed himself for not raising any questions when the rest of the furnishings were taken from the White House last month. He said a Hillary Clinton aide, Eric Hothem, had told him these too were "the Clintons' personal property."

"I should have asked for more specifics on these items," Walters said. "I shoulder the blame for not saying, 'Hey, wait a minute.'"

In interviews this week, Walters said that Hockersmith told the late Vincent Foster, then the White House deputy counsel, that the furnishings she was soliciting for the 1993 redecoration project were meant for the White House collection, not the Clintons personally.

Walters said that Foster directed him and the Park Service in a March 24, 1993, memo to begin accepting the gifts with formal acknowledgments, thereby making the furnishings government property. Walters said he sent thank-you letters of his own, but by law, the Park Service's acknowledgments are what count since only it has the legal authority to accept gifts for the White House.
[ Washington Post ]

www.wilderness-cry.net...

In no previous articles have I found is this reference specifically mentioned...also this reference is the only place Eric Hothem is referred to as a Clinton Aide. White House chief usher Gary J. Walters is also quoted as the person who spoke directly with Eric Hothem.
This lead would be a definite starting point for many more interesting questions to be asked.
edit on 4-3-2015 by IAMTAT because: correction

edit on 4-3-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: removed the annoying "Mods, please move this to the appropriate forum, should you feel it belongs elsewhere."

edit on 4-3-2015 by IAMTAT because: headline explanation

edit on 4-3-2015 by IAMTAT because: spelling

edit on 4-3-2015 by IAMTAT because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I notice the press is spelling the name Hoteham, but the article you quoted says Hothem.
wonder if some of this confusion is from a misspelling?
guess he's Hillary's Aide in Charge of Geek Technical Stuff?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
I notice the press is spelling the name Hoteham, but the article you quoted says Hothem.
wonder if some of this confusion is from a misspelling?
guess he's Hillary's Aide in Charge of Geek Technical Stuff?

Why doesn't he exist in any public records databases?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So if I understand this right, Eric Hothem is a known Clinton lackey that has been used to push questionable events in the past? I wonder if Eric had left DC before or after the key witness to the "White Water" affair was shot to death?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Apparently he is/was flesh 'n' blood....and was alive and well in 2001 when the White House Chief Usher spoke with him.
I wonder if he's still alive, as he no longer appears in any public records.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I was talking about the death of Vince Foster, and wondering if Eric had a hand in it. After all if you look at what was taking place at the time most of the news got white washed with the Lewinsky scandal being pushed by the media.

Everyone seem to forget about the events that had taken place back then.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This just listed:

Is the Mysterious ‘Eric Hoteham’ Actually Longtime Clinton Aide Eric Hothem?

BY: Brent Scher
March 4, 2015 2:50 pm

The name of the mysterious individual who registered the servers for Hillary Clinton’s private email address used at the State Department bears a striking resemblance to a longtime Clinton aide.

Clinton and her top aides in the State Department were using email addresses on a private server registered to the Clinton’s home in Chappaqua, New York, according to Internet records reviewed by the Associated Press.

The customer listed in records registering the Internet address to the Chappaqua home was “Eric Hoteham.” The AP, however, was unable to identify an “Eric Hoteham,” stating that the “name does not appear in public records databases, campaign contribution records, or Internet background searches.”

But the name is similar to that of Eric Hothem, who worked as a staff assistant for Clinton during her time as First Lady.

Hothem was involved in multiple personal matters during his service to Clinton and played a role in the controversy surrounding the pardon given to former President Bill Clinton’s half-brother Roger Clinton.

A congressional investigation into Clinton’s clemency decisions found that as Roger Clinton refused to testify to the committee in March 2001, he received a $15,000 wire transfer from a Citibank account in the care of Hothem.

The name of the account was “E.C. 934(A) c/o Eric Hothem.” Lawyers told the committee that “the account is a personal Citibank account of former President and Senator Clinton” and that the money was a loan for Roger Clinton to obtain legal counsel for the investigation.

The congressional report points out that the “payment occurred at the height of public outcry and investigative activity regarding the pardons and at a time when Roger Clinton was deciding whether to provide testimony.”

According to accounts of the final days of the Clinton administration, Hothem told chief White House usher Gary Walters that multiple items of furniture were “the Clintons’ personal property” even though they were not.

The Clintons would later have to return or pay for more than $100,000 in furnishings stolen from the White House.

Hothem also received a special acknowledgement in Hillary Clinton’s book Living History.

Hothem went to work for Citigroup, then moved to JP Morgan Chase in 2013, according to public disclosure reports accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission.

The documents indicate that Hothem began his financial career in 2002, just a year after his last documented work as an aide to Clinton.

Members of Hothem’s JP Morgan office in Washington, D.C., said on Wednesday that they had “no comment” to any questions regarding Hothem and directed the Washington Free Beacon to the company’s media relations department.

Inquiries made to media relations were not answered by press time. An email sent to an account believed to be Hothem’s was also not returned.

An analysis of Clinton’s personal financial disclosure forms shows she maintained accounts worth millions of dollars at Citibank throughout her years in the Senate. She moved her largest accounts to JP Morgan in 2009.

Her most recent available public financial disclosure in 2012 shows that she holds up to $25 million worth of assets in a JP Morgan account. Hothem did not make the switch to JP Morgan until Clinton was out of federal office in May 2013.

Hothem has maintained ties to Democratic campaigns. His wife, Sue Hothem, has “raised millions of dollars in political contributions,” and helped found a political action committee worth nearly $1 million. She was also the director of development Democratic Leadership Council and the Progressive Policy Institute.

The Clinton Foundation did not respond to a request for comment by press time.

freebeacon.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hillary was probably whining and b*tching about Billy's extra curricular activities with Lewinski and was like "Listen BILL! I want this piece, that chair, those paintings, etc. etc. or I'm divorcing your sorry a**"

She's just so greedy and selfish she wants anything she can get her hands on. She even makes the women I used to DATE look good - and THAT's saying something

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

That's funny, but if you want to distract a group of people all you have to do is tell a lurid story. White water and the deaths around it disappeared when the sex scandal was revealed.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hillary wasn't "First Lady", but actually the "First Con-man", because was the criminal mind of the Clinton cherade...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The Clintons would later have to return or pay for more than $100,000 in furnishings stolen from the White House.

Deluxe.

A bunch of Addictive-Compulsive thieves.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It looks like this Eric Hothem was quite involved with Clinton shenanigans back then.
The House committee is definitely going to want to talk to this guy now.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Waiting for Drudge to put out the story.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Waiting for Drudge to put out the story.

They're done...when that goes viral!

Good riddance!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Drudge just put up the FreeBeacon story. Which is okay by me. I beat 'em...and have the time stamp to prove it!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Politico is on it now...the guy's office phone is ringing off the hook.

The mystery man behind Hillary Clinton’s email controversy

Industry records show Eric Hothem has been a licensed stockbroker in Washington, DC since 2003, first with Citigroup and more recently with JP Morgan. Hothem did not immediately return a message from POLITICO seeking comment.

Read more: www.politico.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There is an Eric Hothem inflorida according to Facebook.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
There is an Eric Hothem inflorida according to Facebook.

I saw that...I think this may be him in DC.

financial-advisors.credio.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This guy appears to be following major Clinton money from bank to bank.

Hothem went to work for Citigroup, then moved to JP Morgan Chase in 2013, according to public disclosure reports accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission.

The documents indicate that Hothem began his financial career in 2002, just a year after his last documented work as an aide to Clinton.

Members of Hothem’s JP Morgan office in Washington, D.C., said on Wednesday that they had “no comment” to any questions regarding Hothem and directed the Washington Free Beacon to the company’s media relations department.

Inquiries made to media relations were not answered by press time. An email sent to an account believed to be Hothem’s was also not returned.

An analysis of Clinton’s personal financial disclosure forms shows she maintained accounts worth millions of dollars at Citibank throughout her years in the Senate. She moved her largest accounts to JP Morgan in 2009.

Her most recent available public financial disclosure in 2012 shows that she holds up to $25 million worth of assets in a JP Morgan account. Hothem did not make the switch to JP Morgan until Clinton was out of federal office in May 2013.

freebeacon.com...

edit on 4-3-2015 by IAMTAT because: Quote added

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So...apparerntly the trace on her server leads back to her New York Home.
Well how convenient is that?

Hillary Clintons emails: Command, Control, Delete

<<   2 >>

join