It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 'UGH!!' List

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: Eunuchorn
Oh .. thank you .. one more for my 'UGH list'. Pollyannas. They drive me nutz.

Don't worry, everything will work out for the best....you'll see!

Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not yet the end....Sonny from "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"

edit on 4-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ugh, spitters and gumdumpers. I deplore them. I spend my day looking at peoples butts whenever I go in public. It's a height issue technically. But within a few seconds I seeth with anger when either somebodies hocked up loogie ends up on my hand, or gum becomes stuck on my wheel/hands until I can get home and wash off my wheels. Filthy selfish scuzzbuckets.

I feel better now getting that out

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Okay. That was funny. Just had to, didn't ya'??

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Spiders when they have the nerve to come anywhere near me! Like, do they have a death wish or something? GRRR!

Great list FlyersFan! I admit I'm guilty on throwing cigarette butts out of car windows though.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

People who stand in a rare car parking space,and give traffic police type hand signals-"You shall not pass-This space belongs to the car I am reserving it for."

Knowing the car driver would get busted for running them over-even filming the event to be able to make a law suit.,and loving it-power hungry car parking space reservers.

MWWRRRRAaaagggggHHHH I say to those complete and utter bar stewards.

Sorry,yes I have experienced such 'neer do wells,hence my anger.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
When someone is injured and goes to the Emergency Department with a broken finger and a dozen family members and friends show up taking all the chairs available. Then they have a big group hug with texts included and block off 50% of the room.

People driving AWD or 4 Wheel drive vehicles like idiots in snowy weather and they often forget they can stop no sooner than plain old two wheel drive.

Going out of business sales that go on longer than I have been alive and that is quite some time to be going out of business.

Doctors who over book to cover cancellations and you end up waiting for 3 hours for a 2 minute consultation.

Police who ride right up your rear end and try to intimidate you on the road to make an error.

Nosy neighbours who always seem to have business right at the fence line.

People who do not bother to spay their pets and then wonder why fluffy got run over.

I could think of dozens more but this should add to your thread.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
People who let their kids run wild in a store or restaurant. And people who completely ignore their kid while he's having a meltdown and screaming bloody murder in a store or restaurant. Keep your kid under control, and if they totally lose control, remove them from the premises. My child had an uncontrollable meltdown one time in a grocery store. I just left my cart at the store (not in the middle of the aisle of course) and took her home. I was NOT going to make everyone listen to her scream for half an hour while I continued shopping.

So being the father of two moderately severe autistic boys, this scenario often is impossible to avoid. So to add to my UGH list is people who assume that all kids throwing a tantrum are just misbehaving and not suffering from a sensory induced autistic response from over stimulation. (BTW the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) affects 1 on 5 people)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StopWhiningAboutIt

So do you just ignore them while they are screaming? Or do you remove them from the situation that is causing them (and everyone else) such distress? If it were me, I would remove them from the situation. Just sayin'. What really bothers me is when some parent is calmly strolling down the aisles and shopping while totally ignoring the fact that their child is screaming at the top of his lungs. For an hour.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

People who go out to eat in a reasonably nice restaurant and curse like a sailor loud enough for everone around their table to have to hear it.

People who think it's OK to wear their pajamas wherever.

That lady whose kid had four Thomas the Tank Engine cars at B&N when my son had two and watched me prompt my son to share one of his with the little kid who came to the table to play ... Seriously, why didn't your kid give up one of his four especially when her kid them snapped up the offered car and added it to his train to make five before the new could reach for it? My son wound up in tears that morning and it was all I could do to keep from giving her a dirty look as her kid was older than mine.

People who can clearly see that their lane will be ending thanks to the construction signs and take advantage of everyone else getting over to fly by and then horn in line at the last moment.

People who thinks it's cool to cheer for an athlete to break another athlete's legs and that somehow supports their team. As a former athlete, I find it disturbing.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Its ok if its double dipping with hubby/wifey or someone you really like....a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You're assuming that your immagined "right" to not be disturbed outweighs a known documented response to overstimulation. Am I to assume then since I have so disrupted your shopping experience that I should now adhere to the early 1900's response of locking my boys away because they are not normal just so they don't bother you?

I know this thread was started as a satirical way to vent petty annoyances, however until you've lived with it you really have no say in it.

And btw I shared your opinion prior to having autistics kids

edit on 4-3-2015 by StopWhiningAboutIt because: spelling sucks

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: StopWhiningAboutIt

So do you just ignore them while they are screaming? Or do you remove them from the situation that is causing them (and everyone else) such distress? If it were me, I would remove them from the situation. Just sayin'. What really bothers me is when some parent is calmly strolling down the aisles and shopping while totally ignoring the fact that their child is screaming at the top of his lungs. For an hour.

yeah yeah...my pet hate is people who think they know better and know how to raise other peoples kids....

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just picked one up the _____ that take FOREVER at redbox....
edit on 4-3-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I agree to most of those, though I do chew gum as it is good for teeth after eating etc but you wouldn't know that I do, it isn't visible or audible. I also really value the BBC3 and 4 programmes on Art and History, and some of the other interesting educational series.

I read often things like:

''Sort after'' when they mean ''sought after''
''murials'' instead of ''murals''
''pacifically'' instead of ''specifically''

Annoyances like:

People that queue jump
young people thinking themselves as 'knowing it all'' when they know not much
unhealthy food choices being promoted in supermarkets
constant roadworks
self service checkouts
call centres especially overseas
misogynists of any sort, religious or otherwise
'one up' women that are extremely competitive constantly regardless of their lack of talent / looks etc
people that block pathways and refuse to move
''attitude'' teenagers
deluded people, especially when it is about talent and ability
that fake pout thing that is constantly plastering the pages of facebook etc
weird drawn on eyebrows that look painted on
extreme cleavage, not a good look
see through leggings, I do not want to see your underwear
men with long nails UGH
campness of the gay sort, there is no need, it is beyond fake
rude service staff
the lack of availability of decent non chemically irritating products, I spend more on handwash than the average person spends on shower gel in a year
cigarette smoke UGH
drunk people
rowdy people
people that play loud 'music' in cars especially whilst parked
people that do not comprehend the validity of art and history

edit on 4-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ctrl+f +master+p

Nope.

An Ugh list and he aint on it?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The loony left who think we should all have open borders and anyone who disagrees is a 'racist' or 'bigot'.

The words 'racist' and 'bigot'.

The fact that all mainstream political parties have mass immigration written into their manifestos as a sine qua non; the fact that the one or two that oppose mass immigration are decried as 'racist' or have racist affiliations.

The general lack of democracy in countries that call themselves 'democracies'.

And breathe....

On a lighter note:

News media sobriquets for individuals in the public eye, like "Chemical Ali" and "Jihadi John". These are murderers, not frigging stand-up comedians.

Tight jeans on ANYONE.

I don't want to see a perfect outline of anyone's downstairs anatomy. This is not gender-specific.

Fat women who wear tight jeans, as though this somehow disguises the obvious weight issue.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I know someone that walks around blowing germs everywhere. Sneezing and coughing without covering his mouth. He does it right by me sometimes and has gotten me sick. I hate that. I want to shove a sock in his mouth and wraps duct tape around his head 2000 times. GRRR!
That and I hate "reality" TV of any kind. The shows I find most annoying are the Duck ding dongs, the swamp one, the pawn shop one, and the storage one. I could go on and on about how much I hate that idiotic crap. I can't believe people think it's real.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Oh .. thank you .. one more for my 'UGH list'. Pollyannas. They drive me nutz.

I'll add another one: people with 2 first names.

So I googled "Pollyanna" & Ya, I want to throw up everytime someone says how beautiful the world is or to go enjoy nature or do something fulfilling. Get your god# sunshine out of my face.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

The term 'Pollyanna' comes from a movie INFO HERE
It's the story of an orphan named Pollyanna who was ALWAYS cheery and who, via her always perky behavior, gets grumpy people in town to be happy like her. So since then, people who are always seeing something positive even in the worst situations are called Pollyannas.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
You worry too much, just go with it.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join