It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is John Kerry really this stupid?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm just saying that's what I'm reading from the arguments against you/your stance in general. I think it was also said that the government rarely represents the people. IE Iranians wearing american apparel & obsessing over american television while their gov does whatever it is governments do nowadays.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I'm sure if they wanted nukes they could have gotten them by now. From an arms dealer. And I'm also almost positive that the world's best kept secret is that Saudi Arabia did just that. And the arms dealer's name was Cheney.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
I didn't read your link. Your accusation is ridiculous. There have been 3 Gaza wars:
The 2008-2009 Gaza war which killed about 1400 people
Operation Pillar of Defense which killed about 50 people
The 2014 Gaza war which killed about 2200 people

That's not genocide. Genocide is the death of 7 million Jews. Also, you are insane.. Stop talking to me.

Insane? Well that's certainly a productive way to talk to the people who disagree with you...

You know that genocide isn't contingent on a threshold of people being killed. Just because millions of people aren't wiped out in an area doesn't mean that genocide hasn't occurred. The Holocaust isn't the benchmark that must be surpassed for a mass killing to be called a genocide. Not to mention, there have been other genocides both worse and not as bad as the Holocaust throughout history. It isn't the pillar example of what is and isn't genocide. It's not even a comparative game. You need to look at each situation individually to determine if it is genocide or not.

Then none of this excuses the fact, genocide or not, Israel DID commit war crimes during its recent shelling of Gaza that they aren't held accountable for.

Though question. Why demand evidence that you aren't going to read? You asked for my evidence of genocide then you refuse to read it and continue to tell me that I'm wrong. That is intellectual dishonesty. Throw the ad hominem in and you are just on a roll with the childish arguing.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

I'm just saying that's what I'm reading from the arguments against you/your stance in general. I think it was also said that the government rarely represents the people. IE Iranians wearing american apparel & obsessing over american television while their gov does whatever it is governments do nowadays.

I know, and I hope you'll pardon what I mean to be something of a comic interlude ... we all get so SERIOUS in here.

Your point was very well-taken.

The propaganda that Iran is part of an AXIS OF EEEVIL and are merely blood thirsty barbarians has taken hold.

And truth to tell, part of that, at this point, is the Iranian's own fault.

Best,

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well, according to him Israel has never done anything other than be good & awesome incarnate! Id also defend someone/thing if that were the case (/; luckily I am enlightened enough to know all humans institutions are the epitome evil.

Apparently that opinion derives from a fierce confirmation bias and fear of evidence to the contrary.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Genocides. Hmmm.

I guess it wouldn't be the right time or on topic to talk about the Native Americans, eh?

Nah. I didn't think so.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Much of the deaths of the Native Americans weren't the European or American settlers' fault. The majority of Natives died from plagues which are tough to blame on the Europeans (granted the Europeans were notorious non-bathers thinking it was unholy) except for the fact that they brought them to America. What the Europeans and American settlers did to the survivors though, THAT was genocide.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Amazing how easy it is to stir people up into a righteous fervor, isn't it? International politics would be so boring without a designated axis of evil, lol
edit on 4-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: peskyhumans

To say these people are stupid means their plan is working.
On the contrary John Kerry.

Hint: Its not Iran.

Oh wait I know this one! What's a one country over there?
You know that "naval of the world" country.
Damn it's right on the tip of my tongue.
Surrounded by the whole world of Islam bent on
Isreals destruction? Can't think of the name tho.

A recently retired CIA Director was quoted with
"Our mission will be accomplished when everything the
American people know is wrong."
Thanks to at least ATS the Shadow Government has their
work cut out for them. Now if we can keep the servers up...
it may be proven with the last junket that Lurch is their
prime candidate for poster child.

For Bibi the problem is simple, he has to get out of the Biblical
paradigm of a day being just a 24 hour orbit of the Sun around
the Earth (because Copernicus had an aversion to being toasted).
And I'm on it. These guys are getting desperate for another big
diversion, like as if this crap can't get sufficiently covered up NOW
without a total thermonuclear badminton match. Bad idea,
creamo sabe.

When a day can get stretched to "Iran's going to have The Bomb
in another two months"; and almost all of his doom quotes look
like they belong in the Dreams and Predictions fail bale*... I start
looking around for another PM. Maybe we'll get lucky with this
next election--- and creation of The Bomb won't get so regularly
confused with the Big Guy's 7-day wonder. *Cotton...COTTON!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Genocides. Hmmm.

I guess it wouldn't be the right time or on topic to talk about the Native Americans, eh?

Nah. I didn't think so.

Were 6 million & 1 native Americans killed? Anything less is just a skirmish

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I didn't read your link. Your accusation is ridiculous. There have been 3 Gaza wars:

That's not genocide. Genocide is the death of 7 million Jews. Also, you are insane.. Stop talking to me.

Insane? Well that's certainly a productive way to talk to the people who disagree with you...

You know that genocide isn't contingent on a threshold of people being killed. Just because millions of people aren't wiped out in an area doesn't mean that genocide hasn't occurred. The Holocaust isn't the benchmark that must be surpassed for a mass killing to be called a genocide. Not to mention, there have been other genocides both worse and not as bad as the Holocaust throughout history. It isn't the pillar example of what is and isn't genocide. It's not even a comparative game. You need to look at each situation individually to determine if it is genocide or not.

Then none of this excuses the fact, genocide or not, Israel DID commit war crimes during its recent shelling of Gaza that they aren't held accountable for.

Though question. Why demand evidence that you aren't going to read? You asked for my evidence of genocide then you refuse to read it and continue to tell me that I'm wrong. That is intellectual dishonesty. Throw the ad hominem in and you are just on a roll with the childish arguing.

You are twisting around the dictionary definition of a word so you can accuse an entire nation of people of the most grievous crime capable of being perpetrated by the human race, and you accuse me of intellectual dishonesty? The Gaza wars were minor territorial conflicts. Nothing more. You can rant, accuse bluster, scream, rage as much as you want, but you have no right to accuse Israel of this crime. You are insane and you obviously won't listen to reason. Go away.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You are twisting around the dictionary definition of a word so you can accuse an entire nation of people of the most grievous crime capable of being perpetrated by the human race, and you accuse me of intellectual dishonesty? The Gaza wars were minor territorial conflicts. Nothing more. You can rant, accuse bluster, scream, rage as much as you want, but you have no right to accuse Israel of this crime. You are insane and you obviously won't listen to reason. Go away.

It's days like today which remind me why I find ATS so enjoyable despite how torturous it is to read other peoples opinions.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Genocides. Hmmm.

Nah. I didn't think so.

Were 6 million & 1 native Americans killed? Anything less is just a skirmish

I read above it was 7 million Jews alone in the Holocaust ... and, not for nothing, I believe Stalin is credited with somewhere between 11 and 45 million in the purges ...

But this is starting to sound a bit like "internet inches" which makes me more than a bit, ... ill.

(I know what you mean, good example!)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It's days like today which remind me why I find ATS so enjoyable despite how torturous it is to read other peoples opinions.

And you just have to remember, in all cases, "they" are the smart ones.

Oy vey.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Genocide - Dictionary definition

noun
the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

I'm not sure what I'm twisting about that definition. Are the people living in Gaza not a cultural group? But hey, let's forget about the genocide claim for a minute. Let's talk about the illegal actions of the leaders and citizens of Israel trying to INCITE genocide. Which DID happen and I DID post evidence for. Or let's talk about the war crimes that Israel committed that WEREN'T genocide. How about answering for those?

Genocide isn't Israel's only legal problem. There are plenty of things that Israel needs to answer for that we quietly just let them sweep under the rug.

PS. Go away? Why should I do that? Because your baseless rhetoric isn't working on me? Because it is tough for you to formulate an argument against my claims? It doesn't work that way buddy.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think Eunuchorn probably had a point about Pesky's calculations ... a genocide is defined to be 6 million (or 7 million) +1.

Has to be more than the Holocaust, or it's not real, if I'm understanding it right.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Lol. Why is it that the uninformed like to use hard numbers for when percentages are required and use percentages when hard numbers are required?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Anyone who believes Iran has peaceful intentions concerning nuclear power, hasn't been paying attention. If Iran gets "the bomb" Israel will be their first target and they will be a threat to the rest of the region, on top of supplying nuclear weapons to terrorists. Kerry, Obama and anyone else who thinks they can peacefully deal with a nuclear Iran is fooling themselves and putting the rest of us a mortal danger.

Lol yea, because Iran is consistently in wars with its neighbors, is always on National Podiums spewing hate ....
Right. It's time we leave innocent peoples alone, DID YOU NOT SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO IRAQ AFTER OUR LAST EFFORT TO FIND 'WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION'?
Yea, let's just do the same thing to Iran, maybe another cute little black-robed group can rise and keep you up at night.
Getdafukouttaeh

I'm praying Russia and China draw the line in the sand and turn my country, The States, into a nuclear wasteland if we so much as touch Iran. There's far too many idiots bumbling around this country. Thin the herd.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

A quick Google search shows that He was in fact taken out of context. The current deal he wants will only allow 6000-7000. 190,000 is the number that Iran wants.

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I'm amazed people think Iran will nuke Israel if they get the bomb. Let's just think for a moment, if Iran nukes Israel they not only put themselves at great risk but their ally as well, you know Syria & Palestine. If Iran drops the bomb they are done for because the world will band against them and the Iran we know today will be no more. Not only that but there's the nuclear fallout to consider.

So unless Iran is looking to cease to exist they sure as hell won't be nuking Israel.

If they do acquire the bomb it's only real power will be that of political power.

edit on 4-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join