It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit claims Beneful Dog Food is Poisoning Pets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

Or you know, be on a budget. It's much, much cheaper than the good dog food, by a wide margin. I have 3 dogs and all eat Beneful. The youngest is 2 years old and I've had her since she was 6 weeks. She's had beneful her entire life and she's 100% healthy and an awesome dog to boot.

Of course, I don't JUST feed them baneful. They get some treats and I also mix some canned food in with the Beneful...perhaps that's why they're healthy.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

You know, we've got a lot of toxins, virus', carcinogenics etc in our environment. Some we choose to expose ourselves to willingly and many we aren't even aware of. In spite of this, some people get sick who live almost puritan style lives while others who subject themselves to atrocious lifestyles go unharmed. There's no rhyme or reason to it. But, the fact is, dogs are becoming ill or dying within weeks of eating a certain brand of dog food, it's time to look at the cause.

Lucky for you, your dogs are okay. Some are not and that's the focus of this thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I'm aware of that and I posted some more information in my last post about how this has happened previously with Beneful. I also shared my personal experience with the dog food. I pretty much feel like I'm on topic...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I had a friend lose his pure blood boxer to liver and kidney failure at 6 years old. I asked what he was feeding the dog and he said Beneful. He even told me he heard about the problems but couldn't afford better food. Ok Beneful is $30 for $30 lbs, and the better food is $45-55 for 30 lbs...so we can't afford an extra $15? Come on!

I switched my dogs food about 4 years ago, and I use to feed her Beneful but wanted to go grain free. Ever since then, I am thankful I made the change. I only use Taste of the Wild dog food now, and she loves it.

Most people don't want to cough up the money to feed their dogs proper nutrition, but they will spend money on cigarettes, booze or other unnecessary items for themselves. I believe it's cruel to feed a dog poor quality food and they deserve the best you can afford even if it means giving up a few luxuries in the process.

That is just my opinion. Purina should be sued until they go bankrupt.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well, i just finished having an online chat with a rep from Morgan and Morgan. Big firm handling the lawsuit in the states. They'll be in contact with me she said. Hoping they do but I'm not holding my breath because I'm in Canada.
www.forthepeople.com...

Hopefully this class action makes it's way through Canada because I'm sure there's thousands if not tens of thousands of people here whom were affected. And all along I was avoiding IAMS.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Good for you! It may be necessary to have a separate law suit since you're in Canada. I'm sorry for your loss FlySolo and hopefully, with your activity, some dogs may be spared from illness or death simply from the food they are eating.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish

I'm aware of that and I posted some more information in my last post about how this has happened previously with Beneful. I also shared my personal experience with the dog food. I pretty much feel like I'm on topic...

My apologies Pimpish, I had some other thoughts running through my mind. My response was rather harsh and not meant to offend. Although I could go back and edit to soften it and attempt to save face, I won't.

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I feed my dog Solid Gold Hund-n-Flocken. She's a Chihuahua, and it helps keep the area around her eyes from getting gunky. A lot of people don't really put much thought into their pets food. What you put in, is what you get out (literally!).

For a few extra bucks I can get a much better quality food than Beneful, and hope that my pet doesn't have as many visits to the vet over the course of her life. Healthy dog, happy me.
edit on 3-3-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Wait...propylene glycol? Isn't that what's in those ecigarete juices?

I used to spray propylene glycol as a de-icer for sidewalks. One reason why I'm not terribly keen on vaping with those ecigs.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If any of you want to feed your dog a raw diet but don't have the time or the knowledge on how to prepare it or what the ratios of protein should be, then I suggest you get some ziwipeak. It's a dehydrated food from New Zealand and contains 100% meat and no grains or fillers

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Wait...propylene glycol? Isn't that what's in those ecigarete juices?

I used to spray propylene glycol as a de-icer for sidewalks. One reason why I'm not terribly keen on vaping with those ecigs.

Yeah, I looked it up,

Because of its low chronic oral toxicity, propylene glycol was classified by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration as "generally recognized as safe" (GRAS) for use as a direct food additive, including frozen foods such as ice cream and frozen desserts.

here is FOOD GRADE PROPYLENE GLYCOL on Wiki:

Forty-five percent of propylene glycol produced is used as chemical feedstock for the production of unsaturated polyester resins. In this regard, propylene glycol reacts with a mixture of unsaturated maleic anhydride and isophthalic acid to give a copolymer. This partially unsaturated polymer undergoes further crosslinking to yield thermoset plastics. Related to this application, propylene glycol reacts with propylene oxide to give oligomers and polymers that are used to produce polyurethanes.[4]

Propylene glycol is used as an humectant (E1520), solvent, and preservative in food and for tobacco products, as well as being one of the major ingredients of the "e-liquid" used in electronic cigarettes along with vegetable glycerin. Propylene glycol is also used in various edible items such as coffee, ice cream, whipped dairy products, beer and soda.[7] Vaporizers used for delivery of pharmaceuticals or personal care products often include propylene glycol among the ingredients they are filled with.[4] Propylene glycol is used as a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oral, injectable and topical formulations, such as for diazepam and lorazepam which are insoluble in water.[8]

Like ethylene glycol, propylene glycol is able to lower the freezing point of water, and so it is used as aircraft de-icing fluid.[4][9] Water-propylene glycol mixtures dyed pink to indicate the mixture is relatively nontoxic are sold under the name of RV or marine antifreeze. Propylene glycol is frequently used as a substitute for ethylene glycol in low toxicity, environmentally friendly automotive antifreeze. It is also used to winterize the plumbing systems in vacant structures.[10] The eutectic composition/temperature is 60:40 propylene glycol:water/-60 °C.[11][12] The −50 °F/−45 °C commercial product is, however, water rich; a typical formulation is 40:60.[13]

Propylene glycol is a minor ingredient in the oil dispersant Corexit, which was used in the cleanup of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.[14][15]

*snip*

Serious toxicity generally occurs at plasma concentrations over 4 g/L in, which requires extremely high intake over a relatively short period of time, or when used as a vehicle for drugs or vitamins given intravenously or orally.[21] It would be nearly impossible to reach toxic levels by consuming foods or supplements, which contain at most 1 g/kg of PG, except for alcoholic beverages which are allowed 5 percent = 50g/kg.[22] Cases of propylene glycol poisoning are usually related to either inappropriate intravenous administration or accidental ingestion of large quantities by children.[

It's good to know that my beer and ice cream can be used as a de-icer in a pinch. Based on the above information and the fact that is used in a lot of food items, maybe it's not the propylene glycol that is the culprit but something else in the dog food. Either way, this research only confirms again to eat my own foods, grown and cooked from scratch if at all possible.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join