It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Ghost Army in Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
VICE news has just released Part One of it's new investigative special on the dead Russian soldiers who met their end fighting in Ukraine, and the subsequent cover up by Russian officials.

I feel it's necessary to share this important piece of journalism with the ATS community, because regardless of your views on the crisis in Ukraine, these soldiers are not being honored.

I make no attempts to hide my pro Kiev leanings, and I do not deny I am anti-Putin. But I am not anti-Putin strictly because I am pro western, but because Putin has clearly demonstrated himself to be a liar on the international stage. He is waging a war not only against the Ukrainian people, but against Russians INSIDE Russia as well.

It is very sad to me that these men are dying in a war that does not benefit the Russian people as a whole, only to come back to their home and be buried in secret, as if they were the thieves or liars. I am not anti Russian. I am anti Putin.

When will people wake up to the fact this man is not telling the truth, and has never done so? For all the platitudes we might level against the west, what makes Putins atrocities any more bearable?

The bitter conflict in Ukraine has cost thousands of lives, but the Russian government has continuously denied sending its soldiers to the frontlines, despite accusations to the contrary from NATO and Western officials.

VICE News travels to Russia to investigate the mysterious deaths of dozens — possibly hundreds — of active-duty Russian servicemen who are believed to have been killed in Ukraine. Accounts gathered from soldiers' families, human rights workers, and government officials cast doubt on the Kremlin narrative, revealing the unacknowledged sacrifices borne by Russia's ghost army.

source

edit on 2-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
True Putin is not truthful and I do believe that they are mercenaries or similar entities in Ukraine being payed for by Putin/Russia.

I just do not see the western side as better. If US had not opened the pandora's box in Libya and Iraq then I would have seen it differently. Why should Putin follow the international rules when the western side do not? Talk about being hypocritical.

And all the CIA NGO meddling have to stop. Western meddling in Venezuela. Ukraine, Syria for the banking mafia FED/IMF to control economic freedom from Petro dollar. ISIS created in Iraq Syria as create problem to implement solution.

edit on 2-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I cant stand Putin either and can certainly feel for the soldiers who have lost their lives.
The sad thing is this is an international conflict about energy and global dominance.
There are many fingers in this pie and many innocents are losing their lives, not just soldiers.

I think its unfair to just demonise Putin and not let other people who are just as responsible go unnamed

I see Putin placing Russia first, right or wrong I think its better than some leaders who place hidden agendas first.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

I am so tired of the hypocritical blindness from some of the pro west people on this site. There are 2 sides in this and both are lying pieces of immoral soul trash. Two fascist like entities fighting for world domination. They both suck and use Nazi like techniques thru nationalism to make you follow their side. US US US vs Russia Russia Russia.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I agree with you to an extent, but do two wrongs make a right? Certainly, the U.S has made some disastrous foreign policy decisions (Libya and Iraq being but 2 in the last 2 decades). But can we really excuse Putin's actions simply because the west has made similar or even worse decisions?

Conservative estimates peg the death toll in Ukraine at 6000 people with over a million displaced. There is blood on Putin's hands too, and it's not just Ukrainian blood (as if that should even matter).

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

VICE news has just released Part One of it's new investigative special on the dead Russian soldiers who met their end fighting in Ukraine, and the subsequent cover up by Russian officials.

Been waiting to see this...should be very interesting to see what they can find, and who is willing to talk to them.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The Russian soldiers are dying for their country,who in turn is treating their corpses like dirty little secrets to be hidden.Horrific.
edit on CSTMonpm1661 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

edit on CSTMonpm1661 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

No 2 wrongs do not make it right, but I will not side with the west, when they are still causing trouble around the globe. Why would I choose either side when both sides are equally corrupt?

There is no side here that is pure and for the civilians in Ukraine. On one side Putin a parasitic oligarch vs parasitic bank mafia. Same parasitic system only difference is the name. Putin or IMF. Same fate for the people, enslavement.

I see your pro West push as a blindness to not handle the crap US/banking mafia is doing right now. The insanity in the western system is not in the past. It is current. Continuing. Will not stop until someone stops it either the citizens of US or external power.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I feel it's necessary to share this important piece of journalism with the ATS community, because regardless of your views on the crisis in Ukraine, these soldiers are not being honored.

It`s a missed change to not make it just another anti-Putin thread by not honouring the mercenaries on the Ukrainian side and all the Ukrainian deaths which Poroshenko/The West just ignores.

Too bad you feel the need to use death soldiers for making political statements.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

No 2 wrongs do not make it right, but I will not side with the west, when they are still causing trouble around the globe. Why would I choose either side when both sides are equally corrupt?

There is no side here that is pure and for the civilians in Ukraine. On one side Putin a parasitic oligarch vs parasitic bank mafia. Same parasitic system only difference is the name. Putin or IMF. Same fate for the people, enslavement.

I see your pro West push as a blindness to not handle the crap US/banking mafia is doing right now. The insanity in the western system is not in the past. It is current. Continuing. Will not stop until someone stops it either the citizens of US or external power.

I am not trying to make a "pro west push". I actually starred this comment, because I agree with it completely. There are disgustingly rich blood thirsty power brokers in both nations, and it pisses me off to no end that it's the average working people that pay the price.

It's not the Russian Oligarchs son or the American Senators boy that comes back home in a body bag. It's the working class that bleed for their wars, and I will never excuse that. It makes my heart break, which is partially why I posted this. I might not agree with Putin and the actions of the Russian military, but I find it shameful that their dead are being treated this way, and the families of the dead are suffering even more as a result.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Too bad you feel the need to use death soldiers for making political statements.

You've missed the point entirely, then. Unfortunately I think it might be you that can't see past the politics in this case.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

In that case we both agree

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

It`s a missed change to not make it just another anti-Putin thread by not honouring the mercenaries on the Ukrainian side and all the Ukrainian deaths which Poroshenko/The West just ignores.

Ah yes another it shows Putin in a bad light so it's all crap reply...Why is Russia trying to hide the deaths of their soldiers from the families and the public in general?

When will Russia honor their Chechan and other mercenaries fighting with the separatists?

You see those questions work both ways.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

You've missed the point entirely, then. Unfortunately I think it might be you that can't see past the politics in this case.

I did not miss anything, it was you who missed telling the whole story by not mentioning about the what really went on, so you used only that part which was suiting your agenda and used death soldiers to support that...that`s not honouring, honouring is actually telling the truth about why they died (foreign paid mercenaries, The West wanting war, etc.)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Clearly, there are RUSSIANS who live in RUSSIA that disagree with you. Is this the part where you accuse me of being a shill, or are you willing to admit that this is an unmitigated tragedy, despite how you feel about the U.S, EU, or Kiev?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You don`t use them in that way for making political statements, you should have added at least about why they died and also about how it`s similar in regard to all the unrecognised Ukrainian soldiers who are dead but are being ignored because it would show the real horror which went on...

I don`t care about the dead mercenaries on Ukrainian side, but at least mention they are responsible also for the deaths of those soldiers you want to honour...you don`t honour them by lying about what went on !

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

You don`t use them in that way for making political statements, you should have added at least about why they died and also about how it`s similar in regard to all the unrecognised Ukrainian soldiers who are dead but are being ignored because it would show the real horror which went on...

I don`t care about the dead mercenaries on Ukrainian side, but at least mention they are responsible also for the deaths of those soldiers you want to honour...you don`t honour them by lying about what went on !

It's unfortunate that you can't see the tragedy here. Even though these men are being buried in secret, as if they were thieves (when in reality it is Putin who is the thief), you still insist on making a political sideshow of it.

It's not reported in the specific way you would like, so therefore it is propaganda, or it is misrepresentation, etc etc. We've seen this from you here ad nauseum. Thanks for your "contribution" to this thread. You've made your views crystal clear.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Russia, like many other nations, knew full well our justification for invading and occupying Iraq was fraudulent.

They didn't send men and weapons into Iraq to resist us. The atrocities we committed in Iraq make Ukraine look like a primary school carnival.

Now that Russia has taken on a very similar tune against Ukraine, its very hypocritical for the west to judge and resist Russia. Russia knows this.

Countries move them selves into positions of power in small countries all the time and have been for centuries. Russia and Ukraine is only a serious incident because the Western Media is trumpeting about it.

We are going to be humiliated on the world stage by Russia because quite frankly, we don't have the balls to confront them. If we are stupid enough to confront them we will lose a lot. Russia played this well, best not to cry about it.
edit on pm730318022015-03-02T19:30:51-06:00072015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thought I heard this story weeks ago.....Its no surprise they lie about the presence of their soldiers......
I think they pulled the same kind of disinformation when they went into Afghanistan and Chechnaya ......Deny deny deny.....
Its almost standard Russian war doctrine.....

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You are right. No matter what side of the 'debate' people are on the solders giving their lives deserve better than secret burials. A government that does this is morally bankrupt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join