It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Ghost Army in Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: DeadSeraph

No 2 wrongs do not make it right, but I will not side with the west, when they are still causing trouble around the globe. Why would I choose either side when both sides are equally corrupt?

So why not just feel for the people caught up in this?
How does a person ignore the many thousands of people killed in Ukraine, as a result of the Russian invasion?
Those people would not be dead if it were not for Russia invading.

Is Ukraine just supposed to hand over their country to an invading army to prevent that invading army from murdering people? No, they're going to fight, as any nation would.

America is not the one in Ukraine shelling towns and cities. America is not the one arming an invading force with devastating weapons and attacking the people of that country. Russia is doing exactly that.

I am critical of all governments, but I at least understand that it's not all as simple as "yeah but, this country does this!!!"
The actions of one country ten years ago are not permission for another country to act as they please.

If the US invaded Canada tomorrow and was arming groups within it to attack the Canadian people and steal land, I would be just as outraged and just as angry toward the US.

There is propaganda, cynicism, nefarious tactics and all kinds of things on both sides, no one is denying that. But, until the US has invaded Ukraine and started murdering people to steal their land, it is in no way as guilty as Russia.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittleIn Ukraine.
A US puppet created by manipulation attacking the Russian inhabitants in eastern parts when republics within Ukraine do not want to stay in Ukraine. Russians of course pushing their interests in eastern Ukraine. The puppet change in Ukraine did effect Russian ability to modernize their army to some extent.

US puppet - honestly speaking you OVERESTIMATE USA here. Sometimes people living in great powers are surprised that people in a small powers may have some feelings, opinions, internal struggles, etc. I think that it applies also to you, right?

Local people can not just be fed up with poverty, corruption and power abuse (the last straw was beating peaceful protesters on early days of the Maidan) ? How do you think?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19070595]Shadow1024[/posr]
How can Russia hand Ukraine?

Is it a land belonging to Russia? Or maybe local people are Russian slaves?

So anyway local people have to keep a corrupted Russian puppet as their president or maybe are free men? To ELECT someone new?

Ukraine did one big error - it gave up its nukes.

Call it whatever the heck you want

Russia will not allow the US to use the fools around Europe to destroy Russia in the end

It is a simple as that

Too bad you think war should swing only one way

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2

originally posted by: [post=19070595]Shadow1024[/posr]
How can Russia hand Ukraine?

Is it a land belonging to Russia? Or maybe local people are Russian slaves?

So anyway local people have to keep a corrupted Russian puppet as their president or maybe are free men? To ELECT someone new?

Ukraine did one big error - it gave up its nukes.

Call it whatever the heck you want

Russia will not allow the US to use the fools around Europe to destroy Russia in the end

It is a simple as that

No one try to destroy Russia. Just countries that it occupied (directly or kept as a vassal state) during Soviet Union times try to escape from their heel. We (Polish) succeeded, Ukrainians are struggling.

So not only ~40mln Ukraine is just a pawn, but also ~500mln EU? Cool, I love this American knowledge of geography...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LotToTell2

That's usually how wars are won and lost.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I really feel for the families of these soldiers, who died in a conflict that their own country won't admit to sending them into. Forgotten soldiers that will be buried, and their secret with them. The families will be denied benefits because according the government, they were never there. More importantly, these families will be denied the closure all grieving relatives seek.

What a sad state of affairs, all for a strip of land between Moscow and Crimea. My heart breaks for these soldiers, and their families. I can't imagine being in that situation.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I would also like to point out warriors are misused as pawns as a function of state. THE PEOPLE decide who they are as individuals. Regardless of what country one should speak of ,people who die for the nationstate they serve do so as result of their faith in a collective idea...UNLESS THEY ARE CONSCRIPTED or drafted.
Then like so many in Vietnam,many were trapped who shouldn't be fighting at all.
Remember in the film "Full Metal Jacket " the Marine who shot hisself? HE should NEVER have been there.
One can but wonder how many Russians find themselves in such a trap.

Fortunately the US has sufficient volunteers to spend on it's policies.
edit on 3-3-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If I was still in the military and was sent to fight a war that my country leader denied being in afraid I would have to lay down my weapons and be captured as long as I knew they would not harm me.

Perhaps even change sides because the ones saying your not there certainly are not for your best interest...
at least the US uses Seal teams to do the dirty unclaimed work.
In short don't fight if your not at war. Pretty simple actually

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Two fascist like entities fighting for world domination. They both suck and use Nazi like techniques thru nationalism to make you follow their side.

Russia is not seeking any sort of world domination. It is merely reacting to the encroachment by NATO powers. Ukraine is of major importance to Russian strategic interests. From Ukraine major destabilizing programs can be carried out on internal matters of Russia.

Putin is not Gorby or Yeltsin and he will make sure Russia's interests are well guarded.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

From Ukraine major destabilizing programs can be carried out on internal matters of Russia.

And from Russia major destabilizing programs can be carried out on internal matters of Ukraine.

Which is what caused the problems in Ukraine in the first place.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Two fascist like entities fighting for world domination. They both suck and use Nazi like techniques thru nationalism to make you follow their side.

Russia is not seeking any sort of world domination. It is merely reacting to the encroachment by NATO powers. Ukraine is of major importance to Russian strategic interests. From Ukraine major destabilizing programs can be carried out on internal matters of Russia.

Putin is not Gorby or Yeltsin and he will make sure Russia's interests are well guarded.

The problem with this "encroachment by NATO" is that Ukraine wanted to join European Union, not NATO. That are two different organizations which have different functions and member countries. Austria, Sweden, Finland or Ireland are in the EU but not in NATO. (while Turkey and Norway are not in the EU)

Now, after Russian aggression Ukrainian society is toying with idea of joining NATO, even though two years ago there was no support for it. Nice backslash of Russian imperialism, don't you think?

I've got a question for you. Why big part of Central-Eastern Europe wanted to join NATO? And even send some troops to Middle East, where honestly speaking we have no direct interest? Do you think that Russian imperialism may have convinced the whole region to desperately seek US protection?

If you think that Russia has a right to set fire to nearby countries, don't you think that those countries would react accordingly?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Vice Part 2
edit on 3-3-2015 by Intelligence because: Link didn't work properly

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Intelligence

Cheers!

Link above seems to be broken.... here is the direct one to Vice...

news.vice.com...
edit on 3-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: borntowatch

I am so tired of the hypocritical blindness from some of the pro west people on this site. There are 2 sides in this and both are lying pieces of immoral soul trash. Two fascist like entities fighting for world domination. They both suck and use Nazi like techniques thru nationalism to make you follow their side. US US US vs Russia Russia Russia.

Nothing nazi or fascist "like" about them, they are both fascist, certaintly, and one (if not both) are nazi/nazis. They didn't lose the war, Hitler lost the war, the nazis won and continue to rule insidiously. That's about as deep as I want to go right now.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow1024
No one try to destroy Russia

Why don't you tell that to pentagon planners and their NATO puppets

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Thousands of dead as a result of Russian invasion ???

Is that so ??

Nothing to do with Kiev sending army to kill people who decided to separate due to ILLEGAL Kiev government

No nothing to do with that

The dead are dead because Russia killed them

Oh wow

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow1024
Local people can not just be fed up with poverty, corruption and power abuse (the last straw was beating peaceful protesters on early days of the Maidan) ? How do you think?

Are people sick and tired of US government ?

What if Russia was sending billions to US to foster revolution

And what does Ukraine have now, broken economy broken country

The made a deal with the devil, the great harlot the United States

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I am sure you are really broken up about Russian volunteers who fought and died to stop US world hegemony

I am sure you mourn deeply for them

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadow1024

Let me tell you something REAL as opposed to Internet fake stuff

Ukraine is about to economically collapse because they listened to US and EU criminals who destroyed the country

Where are now those 5 billion dollars Victoria Nuland sent to Ukraine to foster the anger and revolution against the government

Can that money help them now ?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LotToTell2

Ukraine is about to economically collapse because they listened to US and EU criminals who destroyed the country

And Russia had nothing to do with the problems in Ukraine?

Russia has done more to destabilize Ukraine than the west, but of course it is just easier to blame the US then it is to actually open your eyes to what Russia is doing in Ukraine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join