It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Ghost Army in Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Thought I heard this story weeks ago.....Its no surprise they lie about the presence of their soldiers......
I think they pulled the same kind of disinformation when they went into Afghanistan and Chechnaya ......Deny deny deny.....
Its almost standard Russian war doctrine.....

It's been in the news for awhile, yes. This is the first time these individuals have been interviewed by a western media outlet, however. Also, you are absolutely correct. It's straight out of the Soviet playbook from Afghanistan, and subsequently Chechnya and eventually Georgia/South Ossetia.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Both The West and Russia are at war in the Ukraine with each other, but they both don`t want to say it out loud, because that would mean real war between them and that would be really dangerous.

So yes, it`s the same old story again as with the Afghanistan, Chechnya and Georgian Wars.

Russia has proof about Western mercenaries and keeps that also behind.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
2 proxy civil wars going on now. Syria and Ukraine. And for some reason Main stream media sees one side as more "democratic" for peace than the other?

In Syria.
Arab Sunni rebels and ISIS vs Shia and Christians vs Kurds. Where both Saudi Arabia and Turkey is supporting Arab Sunni rebels and ISIS. And US is supplying weapon on Sunni miss dropping them to ISIS, making a big noise about ISIS threat but for some reason it is not really dealt with. Are US bombings really this incompetent or is it to get support for the military industrial complex?

In Ukraine.
A US puppet created by manipulation attacking the Russian inhabitants in eastern parts when republics within Ukraine do not want to stay in Ukraine. Russians of course pushing their interests in eastern Ukraine. The puppet change in Ukraine did effect Russian ability to modernize their army to some extent.
edit on 2-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I'm sorry, but this simply isn't an accurate representation of current events.

Arab Sunni rebels and ISIS vs Shia and Christians vs Kurds

The Christians have been slaughtered by ISIS for the most part, and the conflict has largely been Sunni VS Shia for hundreds of years.

Where both Saudi Arabia and Turkey is supporting Arab Sunni rebels and ISIS.

No argument from me here.

Are US bombings really this incompetent or is it to get support for the military industrial complex?

The U.S and it's allies are providing air support and logistics as well as material support for not only the Iraqi government, but for the Peshmerga as well. The kurds have been kicking ass and taking names ever since, and have been the most effective ground force to fight ISIS since the expansion of the latter. Given the fact the American people clearly haven't the will power for another ground war (although it would seem the troops do), Supplying the kurds and aiding them is the next best option. So far, it's been working.

In Ukraine.
A US puppet created by manipulation attacking the Russian inhabitants in eastern parts when republics within Ukraine do not want to stay in Ukraine.

When did anyone attack the eastern Ukraine? Nobody touched eastern Ukrainians. It wasn't until the Russians annexed Crimea and then moved into eastern Ukraine that the Ukrainians THEMSELVES fought back to keep the territorial integrity of their eastern border. They were forced out of their own military bases at gunpoint by the Russians in Crimea. Lets not pretend there was some sort of Nazi invasion, because there wasn't.

The puppet change in Ukraine did effect Russian ability to modernize their army to some extent.

Regardless of who's puppet you think Poroshenko or Yanukovych is (both were marionettes), This had no impact on Russia's ability to modernize it's military. That process still continues to this day.
edit on 2-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yep, Putin is the aggressor...NATO is going to build up forces all around Russia now.

The stupidity has just been raised once again...

Here is the full interview with Colonel Foster: "If Russia will invade Ukraine, why would we not think they will invade the US next?"

Despite Russian Warnings, US Will Deploy A Battalion To Ukraine By The End Of The Week

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Just curious...

I remember reading somewhere that you live in the Netherlands. Is that correct? If so, are you Russian? I am just curious. How would you describe yourself politically?

No, I'm not an NSA agent. I'm just curious how one person could be so blatantly brainwashed by a particular narrative while completely disregarding what is going on in front of them. I mean, it's not like I expect you to shout "RAH RAH USA!", but you can't even see past the propaganda to call a Russian spade a spade. Is there a reason for that? Do you just hate america so much that Putin is like Voltron to you or are you just daft?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Yes I`m Dutch, I can translate anything in Dutch or Fries to English for you if needed (in case you wouldn`t believe me being Dutch, find a Dutch person and he can confirm it).

I don`t think you will find anyone speaking Fries having Russian roots, there are only a couple of hundred thousand who speak that in The Netherlands and have very local roots.

I`m not political, not right or left, both sides have too much crap going on for them.

I don`t hate America, I just hate Western foreign policy, so even my own government it`s foreign policy (they are the lapdog of America), but it would be odd to keep referring to Dutch politics being behind the war in Syria and the Ukraine (people would think I`m nuts if I was saying that)...they support it all, and are just as guilty according to me by simply supporting the policies which has led to the destroying of counties which are effecting many millions of people.

Everyone only keeps thinking about the dead, but there are people who mourn about them, and how many people are suffering now from war trauma`s because of it ?

Syria : 18 million population

Libya : 6 million population

Iraq : 36 million population

Ukraine : 44 million population

...and there`s more.

I don`t support millions and millions of elderly, children, woman, men and animals having to suffer because a few hundred elites and a few thousand of their puppets like to control the World. I`m convinced they don`t serve ordinary people but only themselves.
edit on 2 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You want to know why there was a war, without war it takes a long time to get this going when the population is against it...

Company In Which Joe Biden's Son Is Director Prepares To Drill Shale Gas In East Ukraine

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

When did anyone attack the eastern Ukraine? Nobody touched eastern Ukrainians. It wasn't until the Russians annexed Crimea and then moved into eastern Ukraine that the Ukrainians THEMSELVES fought back to keep the territorial integrity of their eastern border

Come on now, you can't really believe that can you? It was Kiev's so called "Anti-terrorist Operations" that really kicked off the bloodshed. The UAF started shelling "terrorist" positions in the east, which just happened to include hospitals, schools and apartment blocks. The rebels never attacked the west, they just decided they wanted autonomy from Kiev.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

When did anyone attack the eastern Ukraine? Nobody touched eastern Ukrainians. It wasn't until the Russians annexed Crimea and then moved into eastern Ukraine that the Ukrainians THEMSELVES fought back to keep the territorial integrity of their eastern border

Come on now, you can't really believe that can you? It was Kiev's so called "Anti-terrorist Operations" that really kicked off the bloodshed. The UAF started shelling "terrorist" positions in the east, which just happened to include hospitals, schools and apartment blocks. The rebels never attacked the west, they just decided they wanted autonomy from Kiev.

Your narrative is a joke. Look at the eastern portions of Ukraine prior to the invasion of Crimea.

Look, I'm tired of having this conversation. If Russia is so god damned concerned with russian speaking people, maybe they can go home? THE BORDER IS RIGHT THERE.

That isn't what it's about though, is it?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
DeadSeraph and Flatcoat

Personally, you've both swallowed your own sides propaganda.

The most entertaining part is watching your squealing about why your propaganda is right and the others is not.

.. please continue! nothing like an Anti West Vs Anti East fight on an internet forum!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

You haven't seen what is propaganda new Russian style. I also haven't seen this before, but now it is clear for me.
youtu.be...

Ukraine is preparing to print Hitler on new 1000 hrivna banknote.

This is no joke, Russia is crazy and very dangerous.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: Agit8dChop

You haven't seen what is propaganda new Russian style. I also haven't seen this before, but now it is clear for me.
youtu.be...

Ukraine is preparing to print Hitler on new 1000 hrivna banknote.

This is no joke, Russia is crazy and very dangerous.

This should come as no surprise to you:

The soviet angle for propaganda has been to paint it's enemies as "nazis" for generations.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Your narrative is a joke. Look at the eastern portions of Ukraine prior to the invasion of Crimea.

Look, I'm tired of having this conversation. If Russia is so god damned concerned with russian speaking people, maybe they can go home? THE BORDER IS RIGHT THERE.

Funny you should say that, because that's where most of the eastern ukrainians are running to. If you ask me, the Crimeans are the lucky ones, at least they've been spared the constant bloodshed.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

It is hard to watch this video with Boris Nemtsov alive.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Since when has any country's leaders cared about its soldiers dying on the battle field.

The US sent 50,000 troops to their deaths in Vietnam on the basis of a lie told by their attorney general of the day who admitted to the lie in the 1980s.

They also sacrificed 3,ooo of their troops in Pearl harbor when they know damn well the Japanese fleet was approaching.

Even our Australian Prim minister said; ah sh*t happens when talking about one our soldiers death to some American milit tree people recently.

So why are you so upset about the lies that you accuse Putin of?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

How can we take a documentary seriously with such people in it...

Both of them are fierce anti-Putin critics who are Kyivpost and Moscow Times favourites.

Pavel Felgenhauer

Felgenhauer initially described retaking South Ossetia from Georgia as a Russian logistical nightmare, and claimed that Russia would face a prolonged and difficult war against Georgia's "quite good military". After the Russian Army routed the Georgian Army in five days, Felgenhauer claimed that Russia's invasion was pre-planned.Felgenhauer's view of the 2008 South Ossetia War was criticised by Gordon Hahn, a senior researcher at the Monterey Terrorism Research Monterey and Education Program, in a Russia related mailing list where he stated that "Pavel Felgenhauer’s conspiracy theory has several major holes in it.

Source

Yulia Latynina

Latynina has been a member of Committee 2008 since 2004.

Committee 2008 is an umbrella organization of the Russian democratic opposition, formed in January 2004 in response to what they saw as the growing authoritarianism of President Vladimir Putin. The Committee's aim is to ensure free and fair presidential elections in 2008 and to prevent an appointment of a chosen Kremlin successor.

The chairman of the Committee 2008 is Garry Kasparov, members include Vladimir Bukovsky, Boris Nemtsov, Yevgeny Kiselyov, Vladimir V. Kara-Murza, Vladimir Ryzhkov and Irina Khakamada.

On 8 December 2008 she was awarded the Freedom Defenders Award by the United States Department of State.

In January 2010, in the aftermath of Yanukovich’s win in Ukraine, Latynina published an article declaring that people can’t be trusted to vote for their best interests. She writes: Viktor Yanukovych’s victory in Sunday’s presidential election – not unlike the victories of former Chilean President Salvador Allende, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad or Adolf Hitler – once again raises doubt about the basic premise of democracy: that the people are capable of choosing their own leader. Unfortunately, only people in wealthy countries are truly capable of electing their leaders in a responsible manner.

Source

...such people are going to tell us the truth of course.
edit on 3 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

I think that Govt's have political reasons for doing what they do .Doesn't really matter where the compass needle points .Canada is the same ,ie .

The Canadians who died in the Spanish Civil War are not included in the Books of Remembrance in the Peace Tower and their sacrifice is not commemorated on federal war memorials or in Remembrance Day services. Those who survived the war are not entitled to veterans' benefits. Although the soldiers and the war is largely forgotten, a monument to the Mackenzie–Papineau Battalion can be found in Victoria, British Columbia. A national monument to the Mac-Pap veterans was erected in Ottawa in 2001. It includes the names of the 1,546 Canadian volunteers who served in Spain. This number includes all those who served in the Mac-Pap battalion, the medical, communications, transportation and translation corps, or in other brigades.

One of the few Canadians to attain recognition for their service in Spain is Dr. Norman Bethune, who greatly developed the use of mobile army medical units for the Republican side.[2]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hey everybody

Let me get this straight

Some of you have a problem with Russia not willing to hand over Ukraine to NATO with illegal coup financed by the west

So you guys have a problem with Russia seeing the long term US strategy of destroying Russia and fighting back ?

So you guys don't believe in self defence

Oh wow

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2
Hey everybody

Let me get this straight

Some of you have a problem with Russia not willing to hand over Ukraine to NATO with illegal coup financed by the west

So you guys have a problem with Russia seeing the long term US strategy of destroying Russia and fighting back ?

So you guys don't believe in self defence

Oh wow
How can Russia hand Ukraine?

Is it a land belonging to Russia? Or maybe local people are Russian slaves?

So anyway local people have to keep a corrupted Russian puppet as their president or maybe are free men? To ELECT someone new?

Ukraine did one big error - it gave up its nukes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join