It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with society?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

I am curious how you concluded light is a wave. It is a very complex subject, but if you wouldnt mind, I wouldnt mind starting at the most fundamental descriptions we can muster to help me see how you so confidently concluded.

in regards to the other situations, I think it comes down to risk and reward, fear of inconvenience which results from doing something differently then they are used to. You can say they are stubborn, you can say they are playing it safe, you can say they dont trust you, or even if they did trust you, the believe there is still a chance that inconvenience could result from tampering with the norm.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I will start a thread in a few days. Just think about what kind of mater it magically creates and if they ever identified it. I'll leave it at that for now. Far to much to comment on right now. a reply to: ImaFungi

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
What is going on with society?
What the hell is wrong with most everyone these days?

This is the blowback from generations of Advertising. Which is being conducted on a saturation level unprecedented in Known-Human-History ™. These commercials have decimated all creativity out of this country.

Things used to be as the OP described. One could design a new couch, build it in the garage, and sell it to the neighbor that hired you to fit perfectly in their house. But these days... hell they don't even sell graph paper and pencils at the corner store anymore, let alone everyone having a garage full of tools. And this is because the advertising industry has never taken a day off. If a person tells people they can design and make them a couch they will picture that person as face-down-in-the-street, not as a well dressed success offering a glass of the best. The person didn't do anything to deserve this, it's just that the corrosive nature of advertising has left individuals in this position.

In order to create Brand-Loyalty ™ the Madison Avenue types have corroded a certain part of society. No one will buy things hand made, home made, or researched by someone they know personally. It _HAS_ to be their media source that recommends it to them. This is how corporations have divorced us from our own creativity, because /sarc "if it was a good idea then you would _want_ to go corporate with it" /end sarc.

This is also the reason the poverty rate is accelerating. Say everyone in one neighborhood wants to paint paintings. They won't even buy one from each other for fifty cents. But they will all spend over a hundred dollars on a print from a famous artist. We have been conditioned, through endless advertising and messages, that "if it isn't corporate produced, it isn't for me."

All these commercials have decimated creativity out of this country. And this is because the advertising industry has never taken a day off. And since television went 24 hours a day, Commercials have never taken an hour off. Constantly making sure that the buying public only has loyalty to one thing. The product. Not themselves. Not one another. And certainly not any home grown creator.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 2-3-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

You need to repost that word for word in the other thread about advertising. Very well put.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't like anyone telling me what to do, especially, people who think I'm a sheep who needs to be woken up. Get out of my face

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: mikegrouchy

You need to repost that word for word in the other thread about advertising. Very well put.

This one I suppose...

ATS Thread: Would life style and society fall apart if commercial advertising was suddenly banned.

Thank you.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I don't like anyone telling me what to do, especially, people who think I'm a sheep who needs to be woken up. Get out of my face
Nobody called anyone anything. Something made you feel that way. A bit of self refection may be in order.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It is easier to be blind in our own beliefs than to step out of our 'boxes' and see the world for what it is.It makes life bearable for those who can't or think they can't cope.If any type of The Walking Dead scenario ever should happen,these people will either wake up very fast or most will just perish. I have had discussions with family members where they acknowledge my points and agree with what I'm saying,yet will still fall back on what they were taught about country,religion etc.

To open ones eyes and see the truth,means you can not ignore now what is in front of you any longer.Therefore you MUST act on the knowledge. People are lazy,frightened,and unsure of themselves, so they stick with the monster they know,rather than go fight a new one. Much like an abused woman or man sticking with the abuser because to go out and leave that relationship is the unknown and too scary.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join