It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Colour Is This Dress, ATS??? Genuine Social Experiment... Or Ultimate Troll Experiment???

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
also jarring - the snapshots i took were from the CBS NY webpage and the dress was surrounded by their blue affiliate background graphic. that blue never changed, but the damned dress sure did.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ok -- I can understand how some people think the body of the dress is either blue or white. Personally, I see white, but considering the lighting, it can look bluish grey. Put it this way, I bet the pixel color is bluish-grey, but my mind knows the light is shaded, so I see it as white...

...HOWEVER, I have no idea how people can see the gold fringy detailing as black. I definitely see a gold-yellow color, and doesn't look black at all to me.

edit on 2/27/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I see black and blue , It has something to do with your brains and how the brain looks at the object . It also could have that the eyes are getting weaker by aging, and maybe colorblindness could be factor too.

Its fascinating how we can be tricked by these small things. Who knows what we fall into everyday , hell we read it here all the time and we still don't believe it..

edit on 0b17America/ChicagoFri, 27 Feb 2015 16:07:17 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 27 Feb 2015 16:07:17 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

i just don't understand how i saw it switch to yellow and white briefly and had it snap right back to blue and black.

i'm reading a lot of reports of people who saw it switch on another forum and it's pretty much agreed on 100% that it is an insanely creepy experience

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: oleus
Its almost the same like this Image , the first time you look at it , did it turned right or left ? I see it turn left. But if I look real hard I also can see it turn right. its merely a trick of the brain nothing more

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
Its almost the same like this Image , the first time you look at it , did it turned right or left ? I see it turn left. But if I look real hard I also can see it turn right. its merely a trick of the brain nothing more

that's the only possible explanation. it's just crazy how this one particular photo is doing this and in such a big way

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I wonder how the mask of the pharaos were seen in those days maybe some saw it also different in color?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
a reply to: Anyafaj

Awesome! The reason I turned it upside down is because the first time I noticed the color change I was scrolling from the bottom up. So (I think) to get the color to change you have to see the bottom of the dress before the top of the dress.

I almost felt like an outsider seeing the white and gold. I guess this means when the apocalypse comes, I DO get to rule the world! YEAH!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
I'm going insane.

I saw white and gold first.

Following this thread into the wee hours last night I started to sometimes see is blue and black and sometimes white and gold.

Then... And this is the part where I lost my marbles ... I was looking at the white and gold dress and the color slowly shifted before my eyes to blue and black!!!!

Ahhh!!! Sorcery!! burn it!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Looking forward to spending today hugging my knees and rocking back and forth.

edit on 2/27/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: VegHead
I'm going insane.

I saw white and gold first.

Following this thread into the wee hours last night I started to sometimes see is blue and black and sometimes white and gold.

Then... And this is the part where I lost my marbles ... I was looking at the white and gold dress and the color slowly shifted before my eyes to blue and black!!!!

Ahhh!!! Sorcery!! burn it!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Looking forward to spending today hugging my knees and rocking back and forth.

when i saw it switch back to blue on my phone, it literally snapped right back instantly, no slow shift. so bizarre

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
originally posted by: oleus

when i saw it switch back to blue on my phone, it literally snapped right back instantly, no slow shift. so bizarre

I seriously think this dress is just one of the signs of the apocalypse. Just which of the four horsemen is it? I don't recall optical illusion being one of them. This one MUST be Conquest. It's the only thing I can think of!

edit on 2/27/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just worked out howvl it works....

Same principal as those early nineties magic eye 3d pics. You had to lose focus and go cross eyed and the repeated patterns of pixels interlock to create the 3d pic.

In this case it creates the blue and black dress.

On mobile...

Look close at the white dress and move the phone backwards whilst losinh focus and found slightly crosseyed.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Just worked out howvl it works....

Same principal as those early nineties magic eye 3d pics. You had to lose focus and go cross eyed and the repeated patterns of pixels interlock to create the 3d pic.

In this case it creates the blue and black dress.

On mobile...

Look close at the white dress and move the phone backwards whilst losinh focus and found slightly crosseyed.

just tried that to see if i could get the yellow dress back - no luck

i felt weird typing that sentence lol

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I really don't understand what's happening here.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
At first, it looked white and gold...now it looks black and blue...others have said the same...somehow different people see it differently, and the same person can see it differently at different times.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
At first, it looked white and gold...now it looks black and blue...others have said the same...somehow different people see it differently, and the same person can see it differently at different times.

i wish i could figure out the key to making it "switch" i got the creepiest feeling when i saw the white and gold dress because i knew at that point that it wasn't the "right" one

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What otherworldly sorcery is this!? I was going to post that it was definitely, without a doubt white & gold and that the black & blue supporters were wacko, until I passed a quote of the OP. The damn dress is black and blue now, even in the OP, WTH? o.O
edit on 2/27/2015 by Nyiah because: Black & BLUE, not black & gold, sheesh.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
What otherworldly sorcery is this!? I was going to post that it was definitely, without a doubt white & gold and that the black & blue supporters were wacko, until I passed a quote of the OP. The damn dress is black and gold now, even in the OP, WTH? o.O

yep welcome to the "seen both" crowd. it's crazy when you see it switch

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
That black and blue dress is hot.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
That black and blue dress is hot.

i'm buying one for my wife for her birthday

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join