It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spies spend more time tracking non-terrorists, THIS IS A LEAK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
"Despite popular belief that they are chasing terrorists and master criminals, the world’s spy agencies spend much of their time pursuing environmentalists, opposition leaders, dissidents and even airline staff, leaked documents show."

www.theglobeandmail.com...

This is article by well known paper the globe and mail

Leaked cables show the spooks are there first to protect the status quo of upper class

And then after that to catch criminals and terrorists

Will those of you now appologize for droning people for years with "why would they be interested in you"

"Why would they be interested in you, you are lying or are crazy"

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
great job, i remember posing the theory of bots on sites such as you tube that attack particular channels, posted videos and harrasing supporters in the threads in groups right at the very beginning. i posed that theory here on ats and got whaled on in a massive way as delusional,lol.
anyway i was right, nananaaa

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Makes sense for them to do this. Even though I strongly disagree. Let me put it to you this way.

Average Joe me here finds out the truth about aliens. I share my info with as much of the world as I can. Spooks then tell the world via the media that I am on websites such as ATS where I discuss things such as 9/11, chemtrails and moon landings. I talk about all these "Crazy" conspiracy theories. Therefore I look like a complete loon. I lose all credibility and go back into the deep dark shadow they like to keep over us. No one believes me. Job done.

Don't worry about spying on the terrorists, they put them there to begin with, they know where they are.... I imagine.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Apparently they need to practice being terrorists in order to catch them.

Or why change whats not broken the largest legal gang's of the united states of america dont' give a flying # about our rights, just about the information they can gather, plant, or sabotage.
I really don't know what else to say but the US is falling apart, and the government don't want to pay for whats been broken when it was knocked off the bookshelf.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
When politics can be driven by money,
those with money will run politics.

When those with money run the country, they will get more money- and more power.

When the government is above the people, doing things TO the people instead of FOR the people, and being run by the rich and powerful....

well, I figure you all know where it's going anyway.

Can we just go ahead and put up a commercial or something to tell the average Joe about how big a lie money itself is? This society is fragile- it looks like a fat guy standing on a jenga tower, with some government removing bricks, and other government pointing sharp sticks at the fat guy to keep him from losing his balance.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
But I AM a loon.

Love that word.

The leak isn't just about the US, in fact we aren't even mentioned. Canada, South Korea, Cameroon, and several others are criticized in the article. It was released by Al Jazeera and I'm not really sure how I feel about that. I want more details, and the source of the leak, only because they are basically MSM and can say whatever they like.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2
"why would they be interested in you"

The amount of times I have been asked that exact question is unbelievable.

My friends, family, doctor, mental health team and even the police.

Seriously.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The article is about a leak of South African documents and is talking about African countries (and South Korea).

The only exception I could find was Canada's intelligence agency:

One document revealed that the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) was strongly interested in whether the Israeli airline, El Al, might have any gun-toting Israeli spies among its staff in international airports. It questioned whether El Al staff might have illegally obtained firearms.

Sounds reasonable on their part..

The other stuff summarised:

South Korea’s spy agency wanted a “specific security assessment” of Greenpeace International’s director, Kumi Naidoo, before the G20 summit in Seoul in 2010, while Cameroon’s espionage agency sought an intelligence report on an opposition politician before an election in 2011. The Rwandan government wanted the authority to spy on “negationists” – anyone who questioned its version of the Rwandan genocide. And Sri Lanka wanted information on Tamils from Canada and elsewhere who were allegedly attending “military training” in South Africa.

And apart from the Rwandan one, even the others seem pretty sensible.
edit on 25-2-2015 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LotToTell2

Will those of you now appologize for droning people for years with "why would they be interested in you"

No. If you think "they" are interested in you, you need to ask yourself why.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
If you think "they" are interested in you, you need to ask yourself why.

I think you missed the point. Let me present my situation to you...

I have spent the past four years going out of my freakin' mind because "they" have relentlessly followed me around. I have been systematically targeted with very real electronic and psychological warfare. Pretty much every time I mention this to anybody I will be asked that very question and in those very words. That's actually kinda freaky. I know why precisely what their problem is, I don't need to ask. I guess it's difficult for some people to understand just what it's like to be slapped with a ROYAL ORDER. End of the day...they did wrong, not I.

By the way, did it not even occur to you that merely using this website might be enough to land a warrant?

edit on 25-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

top topics

join