It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto bunker mystery: Police unsure who built underground chamber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Toronto police are searching for the builder of a mysterious underground bunker, but say there was nothing to suggest any criminal activity was involved.
The bunker was discovered on Jan. 14, and is just a few hundred metres from the Rexall Centre, also known as the Canadian Tennis Centre, which will be hosting Pan Am tennis competitions this summer.

Toronto bunker mystery: Police unsure who built underground chamber

This is near a major sports center. to me it looks like a tunnel not a bunker. but like police say it appears to be done by someone who knows what they are doing.... Maybe even someone getting a grow op ready?
while police say it does not appear criminal activity, why else would someone hide like that?
To have a generator and pumps is a pretty serious setup to get water out. I remember a story about an underground grow op a couple of hours north of Montreal where the only reason they got caught was an exhaust pipe sticking out of the ground.

if not a grow opp it must be a tunnel but for WHAT Purpose?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfect stranger

You could be right, but the first thing that came to my mind was not terrorism nor a grow op, but rather someone building a bugout shelter. A generator, water drainage reinforced walls and ceiling. Had the digging continued, the police say it just would have gone further into the hill rather than toward the PanAm games. The second thing was to wonder if someone on ATS is the builder. No seriously. Wouldn't that be a riot? A poppy and a rosary suggest a veteran perhaps? But hey, what do I know?

edit on 24-2-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

this has been posted earlier .

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

yea it's all over the news here.

Honestly, they will never figure out what it's purpose was unless they go into a full in depth investigation, even at that what criminal charges will be put on the person(s)?

I read a good comment on MSN news that they should have not made it so public, and just waited a week or so for the person(s) to return for some more digging or what ever.
But, there were water pumps present, and it's the dead of winter, and a cold one. This tunnel was most likely abandoned for the winter.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Your article reminded me of the following ultra-creepy video.

"Secret Basement found in old Mob house in Las Vegas"

This is the side of the mafia I don't think we'll ever see in a Hollywood movie. What in the world could have been going on there? A secret prison? That may be a best-case scenario I'm afraid because one's imagination could run wild with this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
That's what I thought when I heard of this, as well. They would have caught them at least... To what end, who knows, I'd be hesitant to really even call it tunnel yet. The poor guy didn't even get to finish it!

a reply to: strongfp

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hey ATS!

I go to York U, and I found this story very strange. They have no idea what it was being used for, but have ruled out anything related to drug smuggling. They are having a press conference later today to disclose more information. I am starting to think it might have been some sort of terror plot for the Pan AM games being held this summer, but who knows.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I would also like to add that, from what I have read in the comments on this thread, and threads from other websites, many people are saying they should not have made this news public, and tried to catch the people behind the construction of the tunnel. However, I read on the CBC website for this story that the RCMP and local police actually uncovered this tunnel as far back as 6 weeks ago. So it seems as though they tried to do just that, but haven't had any luck. The top of the tunnel was covered by a sheet of metal. Once that was removed, these tunnel diggers would immediately know someone was on to their plans.

I think the fact they made this news public is for public's safety, and to see if anyone out there knows something they don't. Let's see what they have to say during the press conference.

-acehigh91

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Interesting stuff, curious if the generator they found has some sort of serial number to trace it back to the place it is sold or stolen.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

This part is my favorite

... but say there was nothing to suggest any criminal activity was involved.

Is it not illegal to vandalize/build on someone's property without their permission?

Surely at least trespassing?

LOL major facepalm at them clever ociffers.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Am I the only one with a smattering of intelligence. These discoveries come up from time to time ie some operation is ongoing but the evidence is discovered first.
Now really ,really what would be the smartest move the police could take? Listen up police. Don't tell anybody you have discovered anything then lay in wait and all of a sudden you've got the people doing the dirty deed when they come back to carry on the operation. When you've caught the people responsible then you have the motive for that operation. Or is that to complicated for you?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
in an earlier video posed on CTV the officer said they indeed had it reported by a conservation officer in the park and WERE keeping under wraps but due to the press finding out... they went ahead with disclosure... a reporter did ask why not wait for someone to come back

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I used to spend a lot of time in "the woods"...... Me, my horse and my dog, when I was young. I found a lot of interesting things in them "woods".
Somethings I'd called the Sheriff. But, some of those things I'd keep to my self or only told my friends.

This hole in the ground would have only rated a "friend telling", not a Sheriff telling.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The desperation from media and our conservatives, to turn this into a possible terrorist threat.

The expert the CBC put on:

"I don't want to be an alarmist but we don't k ow if this is possibly someone who wanted to continue on with what we saw in Ottawa"

Don't want to be an alarmist? Then STFU till you have some proper informations.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Latest news.. the police claim that this isn't really a big issue. They said its "just a tunnel", and that "technically, no laws have been broken". Until they find any evidence that suggests this was some sort of terror plot, or anything crime related, it doesn't seem like we'll be hearing about this anytime soon. I find it odd that first they jumped to conclusions about it being terror related with the upcoming Pan Am games, and now its just a hole in the ground and completely legal, lol.. nothing to see here folks, move along!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfect stranger
if not a grow opp it must be a tunnel but for WHAT Purpose?

I'm sure Jimmy McMillan knows the answer. Going through the effort to tunnel in is probably somebody's unusual way of coping with the cost of living in that city. Apparently they weren't good enough at hiding the entrance, or their activity of building the shelter.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I still don't understand why everyone is calling this a 'tunnel' when it's no such thing. It's a hole, into the side of a hill. Roughly 22 feet long and 8 feet tall. That's it. It didn't 'go' anywhere (as tunnels are wont to do), it's just a hole, smaller than most living rooms.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I still don't understand why everyone is calling this a 'tunnel' when it's no such thing. It's a hole, into the side of a hill. Roughly 22 feet long and 8 feet tall. That's it. It didn't 'go' anywhere (as tunnels are wont to do), it's just a hole, smaller than most living rooms.

You 'forgot' to mention, 2'10" wide.

What do you call a long corridor shaped hole in the ground?

Tunnel.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Most recent news is the police have filled it in.. -_- They also found a rosary and a remembrance day poppy in the hole.

I'm starting to think it was either some York U students fooling around, or something maybe a little more sinister. If they can't track that generator to where it was purchased, or come across any more new evidence I think this story is over.
edit on 25-2-2015 by acehigh91 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join