It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery tunnel discovered near Pan Am Games venue

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well this is odd...weird tunnel in Toronto. Video at link. They discovered it six weeks ago.

National security officials have been notified about the discovery of an underground tunnel near one of the event venues for this summer's Pan Am Games in Toronto, CBC News has learned.

The large and sophisticated tunnel was dug underneath the woods near Toronto's Rexall Centre and York University.

A Toronto and Region Conservation Authority employee reportedly found the tunnel while walking near the TRCA headquarters at 5 Shoreham Dr. in January.

[Source]
edit on 2/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Very interesting! I've read about an underground base in Toronto, maybe this is part of it ?

"So far no suspects have been identified" from the article lol, of course not..also they filled it in right away

Something fishy is going on and they covered it up by filling it in
edit on 23-2-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I would not rule out a possible terrorist connection , just because it was only 7 meters long does not mean anything or
it could mean that the tunnel was not finished yet , and the fact that the excavated earth was removed from the site
has to show that it was a covert operation.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Pick one...

1. An actual terrorist tunnel for set-up and escape.

2. A false flag worker tunnel to set up the event.

3. An escape tunnel for the elite in case of a terrorist attack or a known false flag event that they they have prior knowledge of (see #2).

4. Mole People!

Peace

edit on 23-2-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: jude11

DITTO

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

If it was being done by terrorists, how would they continue to excavate and move the dirt without being noticed ? I mean this is real life not a movie.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I'm assuming who ever found this tunnel first found the broken fence and just followed the tracks in the snow all the way to the location.

If the tunnel was for nefarious reason I'm glad the builders were idiots by leaving tracks right to it.
edit on 23-2-2015 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive
Yeah...never leave footprints.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Very interesting! I've read about an underground base in Toronto, maybe this is part of it ?

"So far no suspects have been identified" from the article lol, of course not..also they filled it in right away

Something fishy is going on and they covered it up by filling it in

The parts in the article where one of the 'authorities' is quoted bears pondering.
Go through his list of requisite questions. From Ray Boisvert (former Canadian Security Intelligence Service):"First and foremost we should like to know…."

All his investigative questions are spoken in the past tense. How deep was it?

Well how the hell do you answer anything when the tunnel is immediately filled?
But don't worry the tennis people are helping in the investigation.

# 367

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Yeah that got me wondering too...immediately filled. I'm sure it wasn't until after they did a pretty thorough investigation, no?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Really people,this was in Canada....had to be for a covert grow-op!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Thank you, someone who finally gets it, and the first time i've been agreed with

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The fact that it was filled right away, and the police have no immediate comment to me signals that whoever found this, did so by following tracks but not from terrorists. This person was in my opinion told there's a tunnel there by someone, they had the authority to go on the site and voila it's exposed so now it's time to cover it up ASAP.

I mean the tunnel is reinforced, the dirt was moved without anyone noticing ? How many people does it take to use machinery etc to bore and secure a tunnel and NO ONE noticed. ?

Isn't this a conspiracy website ? Where are all the free thinking people

Also I'm so passionate about this because I know Toronto like the back of my hand and I know the media and the people, this would not go unnoticed.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
How many people does it take to use machinery etc to bore and secure a tunnel and NO ONE noticed. ?

One. This thing is (was) tiny; only about 8ft x 22ft. It takes a little bit of time, but one person with a shovel, working for a few hours a day, could easily have done this in no more than a couple weeks.

I have a friend who dug a bigger hole than this, fully reinforced it, and ran power to it in about two and a half weeks, by himself, with nothing more than a shovel and a wheelbarrow. Now it's a giant, fully furnished panic room, only accessible by opening a trap door in the back of his shed and going down a small set of stairs. Quite impressive, actually.

Also, considering how short this thing was, and the fact that it didn't connect to anything, I think it would be more correct to call it a hole, rather than a tunnel...."Tunnel" implies that it leads somewhere. My guess is that someone was using it to either grow or cook drugs. It's about the right size, and it had a generator in it, so....
edit on 2/24/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: brice

Secret Mystery Tunnel Discovered in Toronto -- Is Drake Involved?

The CBC reports that authorities have ruled out "drug lab" and "marijuana grow operation" as potential uses for the Mystery Tunnel. Toronto police are expected to give a press conference tomorrow.

Drake?

“We’re not saying it’s terror-related or national security-related, but unless there are some York University engineering students who thought this would be cool, it is highly suspicious,” said one Toronto police source, who spoke to the Star on condition of anonymity.
“The tunnel leaves little to no explanation that wouldn’t be nefarious, given the effort put into building it and its location in relation to upcoming events,” the source said.

“This took time and money.” [Source]

So we may know more today.
edit on 2/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I certainly hope so. I'd be quite interested to know how they ruled out the possibility of it being a drug lab....Quite interested indeed....

And what exactly is it that "terrorists" would do with a 20 foot hole? If they were to rig it with explosives or some such, all it would do is collapse in on itself. They couldn't have used it for smuggling anything because, well, it doesn't go anywhere....

I think the Toronto Star is just talking out its' ass. "This took time and money". Uh-huh. As I mentioned, a close friend of mine dug a much more elaborate "tunnel" about one and a half times the size of this one, with nothing but a shovel and a wheelbarrow, in under three weeks, at a cost of $0. So either the people at the Toronto Star are absolute idiots, or there's some other agenda at play here....

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I'm trying to think about the proximity to the games. And that bit about a student project, that seems like it could be likely. We had a few of our main highways shut down here in Atlanta over a camera from a student project taped to an overpass.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'd say student project or drug lab are the most likely choices. That's funny about the camera. I might just have to try that some day, just to see the reaction lol.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

There was an ATS thread here.

They blew it up and everything.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join