It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for American Muslims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This won't be your typical Muslim hate thread. I have a genuine question to ask that I'm really curious to see answers to. Mods, I wasn't sure where this belonged so move it to a more appropriate forum if necessary.

Ok, to the question:

Since you are an American citizen and also of the Islamic faith, does the U.S.'s involvement in the Middle East affect your patriotism in any way? Our military is over there bombing and killing innocent people (mostly Muslim citizens) in the hope of killing a few of the extremists, so does this indiscriminate bombing of Islamic civilian areas make you less patriotic if you were patriotic at all to begin with?

I look forward to the answers.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Aw man! I was hoping to get at least a few replies.

Maybe I shouldn't have just singled out Muslims, made it a more general question.

EDIT!!!! Americans, does the U.S, military's involvement in the Middle East affect your patriotism at all?

Now no one will see my revised question.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, I can only reply to your revised question since I'm an atheist. No, I love my country. Do I love the government's decision to meddle in the affairs of the middle east? Not particularly but I think that terror organizations like ISIS and Al Qaeda are evil and should be eradicated. It would be nice if some of the governments of the world stepped up to the plate. We shouldn't have to be the world's de facto police force. You never see China or Russia or any of the other super powers intervening. It's almost like no one else give a s#*@.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

My Government makes me less patriotic, however, it doesn't lessen my belief in the potential greatness of my country or a firm belief in American Exceptional-ism. As Twain said "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it".
edit on 2015/2/23 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
In a healthy society it would also make you less patriotic.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I am an English Christian and I love my country. But...I truly cannot fathom why our government is STILL supporting blatant genocide. Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'm in Australia & we have Reclaim Australia rallies being organized & resistance to mosques & anti hallal pages on Facebook quoting hallal feeds terrorism. There is a non existent Muslim community where I live so I don't have anyone to ask why is hallal becoming prevalent with most producers,are the slaughter house smuggled clips crap & is Islam a religion of tolerance to other religions & cultures? I apologize if I have come across ignorant or rude but I'm afraid of what I can see that's happening & instead of jumping on the media bias or the redneck fear mongering band wagon I would really appreciate someone who knows what they are talking about to clarify it for me. I realize I sound like a cultural dessert but since having a strict Catholic schooling regime pushed onto me I steer clear of religion & have been a happy agnostic , so please forgive my ignorance

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Dont really have a good reply for you... sorry.
I work for a business which happens to have a Muslim owner whom I speak to on a daily basis.
My observation has been that the only thing I hear from them regarding IS /BOKO HARAM etc is
Deafening silence on the matter.

join