It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Shake-up: Al Sharpton to Lose Nightly Show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
...And another one bites the dust.
Farewell, Al. we hardly knew ya.
Why is MSNBC so racist?

The recent suspension of Brian Williams and spotlight on news personalities has caused a shake-up at MSNBC. The Daily Beast is reporting that the Rev. Al Sharpton may lose his nightly time slot. His show, “Politics Nation with Al Sharpton,” has been on the air since 2011 and has had a successful run. At issue is a steady slide in viewership that will cause news correspondent Chris Hayes to be replaced by the “Rachel Maddow Show.” Maddow’s show will move from its current 9 p.m. slot to 8 p.m., while a search is underway for a new host for the 9 p.m. time slot left by Maddow.

It is rumored that Sharpton’s show will move from its nightly 6 p.m. time slot to a weekend only show.

rollingout.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
From the OPs source -

“Politics Nation with Al Sharpton,” has been on the air since 2011 and has had a successful run

What do they consider successful?

Info Here

PoliticsNation with Al Sharpton was the lowest-rated show across the big three cable news networks Friday afternoon, averaging just 59K viewers in the 25-54 demo. During the 6 p.m. time slot, CNN’s The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer more than tripled that rating with 190K and Fox News’ Special Report with Bret Baier had close to seven times as many viewers with 410K.

Doesn't sound 'successful' to me.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I think they should make a nightly show with "Al Sharpton" and "Ann Coulter" where they argue for an hour then have a duel involving sharp medieval swords.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm real broke up about this. So much so that I can't even adequately put it into words. I may need to lay down for a bit as the stress is nearly overwhelming....

Just one more reason to skip paying his taxes yet again.

It couldn't have happened to a more benevolent and magnanimous person. Truly.
edit on 2/23/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I believe the story originated with The Daily Beast...so, they were fans.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well I am boycotting MSNBC until they put Sharpton back on.

I will not be intimidated any further.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

I think they should make a nightly show with "Al Sharpton" and "Ann Coulter" where they argue for an hour then have a duel involving sharp medieval swords.

I got twenty on Mann Coulter!

He looks like he can tear "The Weasel" Al apart like a velociraptor!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
How will Al pay back that $4.7M in back taxes now? MSNBC is so mean...just another selfish corporation.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

They might just banshee each other to death before swords are drawn.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: six67seven

They might just banshee each other to death before swords are drawn.

Talk about a ratings BOOST!!

I'd watch. Hell, I'd even pay.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Does anyone have a knife i could borrow it seems the sarcasm floating in the air is thick enough to cut...,,, The REVEREND SHARPTON has done s so much for society how dare you insult Grand Marshall Sharpton.

edit on 23-2-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hmmmm....Coming soon?: The NBC Nightly News with Al Sharpton

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
How will Al pay back that $4.7M in back taxes now? MSNBC is so mean...just another selfish corporation.

He has no choice but to go back undercover as an informant again.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is crazy, I didn't know Sharpton even had a show, but I was even more surprised to find that MSNBC was still on the air.

Who knew? It is like two black holes colliding, neither of which can escape the gravity of their own irrelevance.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The MSNBC source said, “Going left was a brilliant strategy while it lasted and made hundreds of millions of dollars for Comcast, but now it doesn’t work anymore…The goal is to move away from left-wing TV.”

Source

I hope this is actually happening. (They should get rid of Ed Schultz, too.) I don't watch MSNBC much anymore because of their obvious slant, even though they do have a few good shows. I'm glad to hear they're bringing Rachel Maddow into a better time slot.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I wonder what he really did to make this happen?
He probably accidentally told the truth.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Wait...What...?

Comcast, Al Sharpton Hit With $20 Billion Racial Discrimination Lawsuit

Even though the FCC hasn't yet ruled on the proposed merger between Comcast and Time Warner Cable, one group has already filed a lawsuit claiming at least $20 billion in damages from the way the two giants allegedly discriminate against black-owned media.

The complaint, filed in California on Friday, comes from the National Association of African-American Owned Media, which also filed a similar suit against AT&T and DirecTV in December.

This time, the plaintiff is not only targeting both Comcast and TWC on the verge of what would be the largest pay television distributor in the United States, but also various African-American advocacy groups and MSNBC host Al Sharpton for allegedly facilitating discrimination.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Wait...What...?
Comcast, Al Sharpton Hit With $20 Billion Racial Discrimination Lawsuit

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Sweet

Finally the self identified left wing media is getting a taste of it's own medicine!

Go Al, you sued everyone else, might as well sue the most left wing news channel in the US.

edit on 12Mon, 23 Feb 2015 12:58:57 -0600pm22302pmk231 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They should make a show where Al finally gets a tax audit and has to pay his taxes. Reality TV and all.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Why is MSNBC so racist?

LOL!

Sometimes big laughs come in small packages.

Now I'm a racist for laughing, thanks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join