It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats Suck!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I know I will get brutally attacked for saying that but, cats are not that great as pets.

*THIS IS MY OPINION*

I'M ENTITLED

I Love all animals but, cats just don't appeal to me. I've had cats before and a couple have actually won my heart and affection.

We recently adopted a cat from the local shelter bc our boys wanted one. We brought it home and it's been a pain in the ass ever since.

It's run off so many times that I almost don't care, It has peed and pooped, and it's just an all around jerk!

I'm tired of chasing this ass down and bringing it home; I don't think it wants to be here anyway.

We should have started with a baby kitten.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
As a recovering cat lady I can say emphatically that cats are trolls. Cute, cuddly trolls. Don't get me wrong, I still love cats - other people's cats. My own 2 cats tolerate me and vice versa.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Cats RULE!!

Adorable. Self sufficient. Strong personalities and know what they want and when they want it. Useful. And they have the greatest expressions when they look at humans doing stupid things trying to get them to play. I love it.

+2 more 
link   
It probably has issues. It's not being a jerk.

The litter issues are a sign of major territorial anxiety. Clearly, it is not comfortable in your home. The peeing and pooping is a sign of marking territory in an attempt to claim the space and make it his/hers.

You haven't said anything about how the integration into your household was handled. Is it the only pet? Did you give it time to settle properly (i.e. put it in its own room by itself with the things it needs - food, water, litter - and let it settle by itself before exposing it to all of your house and its members)?

Cats, especially adult ones, need to be introduced slowly to a new environment and new people in order to integrate correctly.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
As a recovering cat lady I can say emphatically that cats are trolls. Cute, cuddly trolls. Don't get me wrong, I still love cats - other people's cats. My own 2 cats tolerate me and vice versa.

hhhmmmpppphh....cats!

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

One thing is for sure, cats don't prefer plastic, at all. Not plastic cat boxes, not plastic bowls and they will act out because of it. It has to do with the smell, plastic retains an odor, no matter how much you clean it. They make metal food and water bowls and disposable cat boxes that can help.

My own cats have a room in the basement that's all theirs. It's posh. They go outside during the day and into their room at night.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Ours have no issue with the plastic cat boxes, but they do have definite preferences for where they would like them to be placed. We have come to an accommodation with them. There is one upstairs that is kitty grand central station, and the other three are down in the basement.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

LOL - ATS's chief cat "disliker"

^^^ One of my favourite contributors, check out his title, mood and signature - you appear to have a support base here.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I don't like cats either.

I like dogs and pigs as pets if I had to choose.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Cats are jerks, no doubt about it. His miserable face tells it all..

They're like those guys who never let me into clubs, damn right I'm still bitter.
Ok, sometimes they can be adorable - But for all those dogs out there on ATS wronged by cats here's something for you to woof heartily at.

edit on 21-2-2015 by Qumulys because: Changed last video because it wasn't purely cat fails, it also had a jerk cat catching a pigeon

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I will not attack you.
I agree that cats suck.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

It's run off so many times that I almost don't care

Thais the problem right there . Some run off and some are just neglected and left to fend for themselves . Then you get the ecological disaster that is happening below .

www.sciencewa.net.au... australian-animals

Now i know there are responsible cat owners out there , but there are also owners that are not responsible . How Australia deals with its cat problem is a big unknown . For owners of cats , well give the wildlife a chance and hang bells on its collar . 7-9 pounds should suffice .

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Have you taken it to a Vet? Eliminating outside the 'box' is a common symptom of an illness or parasites or???

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

He peed and pooped? See that's what happens if you feed them and give them water. Ungrateful things. Seriously though, get a cat box and don't let the cat out at all. Put the cat in the box and scratch it's paws in the clay a few times. Thats usually all it takes to get them using a box. Then you won't have to go searching the neighborhood for him.
The plus, he won't get hit by a car, won't get bitten by a dog or other cat, won't bring fleas home. I have two cats . Both were strays . One we found as a tiny kitten, the other was left behind when his family moved away. Neither go outside even though the male was used to being an outdoor cat. He still tries after seven years of being indoors he still tries to escape at every opportunity. We usually get him before he has a chance to get out of the yard.
They are happy healthy and clean living indoors

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

We have both plastic dishes and cat box and no issues from either cat. I never heard this. Cats don't really have a superior sense of smell. That's why they prefer strongly ordored foods like fish. People always think all animals have a good sense of smell but that's not the case. Now hearing in a cat is superior to humans. Eyesight is different in that they see motion better than still objects.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Here is my opinion, as I am also entitled:

You had no business adopting an adult cat without knowing how to handle it. Animals, like people, come with baggage, and obviously this cat was scared and uncomfortable in your home. Did you think it was like a dog, that would just automatically adjust to wherever as long as you feed it? You probably didn't even think to ask about his history, whether he may be comfortable around kids, you just thought you were buying a soft toy for your kids.

I rescue cats from people such as yourself, and undo the damage done to their psyche. They become wonderful companions, but they do have their own personality and preferences which must be respected.

Cats are intelligent, sensitive, intuitive creatures, but they still retain a wild streak and as such you must understand them. People who do not are usually the cause of why so many are put down in shelters, abandoned and unloved.

Stick to a dog next time, or better yet, no pet at all.

General Tab E. Katt has spoken.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I don't mind them, but they are usually worthless.. I read a study, that when they "meow" it means they want something. So true. After you give them what they want (food, treat) they usually pretend you do not exist afterwards. Not all cats are like that. Some are pretty affectionate. I am a dog person more so.

ID

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Well said, although I do have to excersice caution on the side of assuming on what one may or may not have done. Afterall, this is ATS.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Because this is ATS, this was as restrained as I could get without violating T&Cs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join