It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats Suck!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The main problem with my cat is all the dam fur it sheds, it's 100 times worse than any other cat I've seen. But other than that it's an ok cat, it doesn't run around starting fights with other animals in the neighborhood and when it does kill wildlife it usually gets pests like rats and mice.

I personally think it's extremely cruel to keep a cat locked up inside all the time. They are meant to roam free, they have a playful and exploratory spirit which is crushed by keeping them confined to a small area their entire life. We have a cat flap which allows the cat to go outside when it pleases.

OP it's pointless to worry about every time your cat "escapes" and go chasing after it. Just let it have some freedom and treat it more like a person and less like a slave. If you find out that it's causing issues with other animals in the neighborhood then you must take more serious action.
edit on 22/2/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Dimithae

The cat will in time learn to hunt quietly with the bell on it,so it serves no purpose.

Not if the bell weighs 7-9 pounds as i stated . LOL . Also i had to laugh at the thought of the dead cat hanging from the tree . I am sorry but i dont like cats . Yep it cracks me up . I weep for the small fury animals that i will NEVER get a chance to see . Cats , foxes , cane toads , humans . Pffftttt

How we view and treat other creatures speaks volumes of people and the state of society.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I think the problem with MagesticEsoteric's cat is glaring right at us. It was stated the cat was not a kitten and it was not an adult. That means....

it's a TEENAGE cat!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I am in total agreement with the OP statement. My mother has 30 cats at last count, all spayed and neutered and all rescues and all jerks! We bred Siamese when I was growing up, they are "cats suck" with a bad attitude, they are a breed of their own for sure. I will stick with my lovable and loyal dogs any day, best friends they are, when was the last time you heard of a cat saving its owner? A service cat? I think not!! lol

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I always had mixed feelings about these cute furred attention-seekers little devils.

Anyone seeing how a cat "plays" with a caught rabbit or a mouse, and lets anyone know he caught one by making horrific sounds and tortures and eats them to death.

Cats are nice mostly to humans, seems like they know what interests are.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Some one should their cat the Da Doo Ron Ron

edit on 22-2-2015 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

He just doesn't have you fully trained yet.

Wait...

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Well AutumnWitch, don't know what to tell you...just because you never heard of something doesn't mean it's not a thing. Anyways, our vet informed us of this after our cat got a a weird infection in it's nose. The vet said that it could have been from a plastic bowl - which can get scratched up over time and the scratches can harbor bacteria that cause illness or simply make the water taste funny.

Google it.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Do the cat a favour and give it to an owner who knows how to look after them.

If it's weeing/pooing in the wrong places you only have yourself to blame for not noticing in the first place. When the cat starts pawing about/circling, put it in the litter tray - it only takes a few goes for them to learn.

The mix of it running off repeatedly and weeing/pooing in the wrong places is a clear sign it's not been slowly introduced to its new territory, been allowed to scent mark it or been given the month or so they require inside before being let outside.

Cats aren't dogs, they're very independent and don't need humans and do their own thing which can be very annoying if you're expecting them to behave any differently - however this one has clearly either not been allowed to settle or has issues re-homing due to it's age. Adult cats do not take kindly to being taken out of their home and randomly placed in a new one with a load of strangers.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Right now we have two cats and two dogs. I have had cats that loved the dogs, but these two aren't very fond of our current dogs. We keep our cats indoors - I believe that's better for them. They stay upstairs (the dogs stay downstairs), where they have lots of places to curl up and lots of windows to watch birds and other critters - they seem quite happy. The only time I ever had a problem with a cat peeing outside the box, turned out he had a urinary tract infection, so, not his fault.

I have had cats that were very affectionate, and cats that wouldn't have anything to do with me. They are as individual as people are, imho. The two we have right now are pretty cool.

One of our dogs, on the other hand, is driving me nuts. This is the most neurotic dog I have ever known. She's a corgy mix, and she causes more trouble than ANY dog I have ever had. Feeding time is a nightmare, as she fights with the other dog for food, she runs out the front door every time it gets opened, she has peed and pooped on our rugs many times (don't know why, as we have a dog door - she can go out in the backyard anytime she wants), she is really bad about stealing food off the counter and out of the pantry. I usually love dogs, but I'm just not fond of this one at all. Unlike most dogs, she just doesn't seem to be interested in pleasing us - I have found her pretty much untrainable.

Wanna trade your cat for my dog?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage

I have nothing against them when they are kept inside or supervised, what is annoying is the owners. A dog owner must keep his dog on property and supervise him if he goes off property. Cat owners let their cats roam and all they are doing is looking for natural wild life to kill. Cant hate a cat for following its instinct but the truth of matters is they are foreign invaders into the habitat. If the owners cant be responsible they shouldn't have one, which will automatically rule a percentage of the owners. Im all for laws introduced which allows sending them to pound if caught roaming, the same rules are used on Dogs and they definitely should apply to cats as it will be the only way to sober up the percentage of lazy irresponsible ownesr.

A supvervised cat - that's hilarious!! Funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I like cats just fine as long as they belong to someone else. I have a friend who has cats, and I take care of them every weekend he goes out of town ---- but I never see them. (He told me I wouldn't).

I go in and refill their bowls, and put out everything I'm asked to, and the next day when I come back, it needs to be done again, so I know they are okay. Sometimes I walk around the house and call them by name, or just "kitty", but I never hear a peep.

I've just never had a desire to own an animal that can ambush me from the top of my refrigerator.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
I know I will get brutally attacked for saying that but, cats are not that great as pets.

*THIS IS MY OPINION*

I'M ENTITLED

I Love all animals but, cats just don't appeal to me. I've had cats before and a couple have actually won my heart and affection.

We recently adopted a cat from the local shelter bc our boys wanted one. We brought it home and it's been a pain in the ass ever since.

It's run off so many times that I almost don't care, It has peed and pooped, and it's just an all around jerk!

I'm tired of chasing this ass down and bringing it home; I don't think it wants to be here anyway.

We should have started with a baby kitten.

Living animals aren't toys for you children's amusement. You are entitled to dislike anything you want, but if you don't like cats don't get one, you are not entitled to put a living creature into a bad environment (one where it is hated and treated with disdain) so your kids have a new plaything.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You probably got a girl cat.

Girl cats are evil incarnate.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Very sorry about you cat. I hate it when my fur babies get sick.
However your story about your cat's infection has zero to do with your claim that Cats will reject a plastic bowl or plastic cat box based on smell.
Keeping things,clean for your cat are important. A dirty cat box can lead to infections of the urinary tract not to mention a stinky house and a cat will certainly reject a dirty cat box but again none of that has to do with rejecting a bowl or box just because it's plastic. So I'm going to stick with my original claim that a cat will not refuse or reject these items just because they're made of plastic.
PS it's often hard to get plastics clean. Ever try getting greasy tomatoe sauce out of a Tupperware bowl? Bleach and very hot soapy water is often required. A dishwasher helps immensely.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

And so does a metal, glass or porcelain bowl.
As for my "claim", it has everything to do with my cat's infection as that's what our vet said was a likely cause. Whether you choose to accept that or not is your choice but it might be noted that this isn't the conspiracy forum and arguing about cat infections on the internet is pretty boring. Have fun with that.

edit on 2/23/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have worked with many, many cats in shelters and such. I can't say that improved my opinion of them!

I did notice though, that the ones I did like acted like dogs more than cats. Only realized that in hindsight, but I still get a chuckle out of it.

The ones I liked were still a-holes though

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Same here! One of our cats is just like a dog..follows our kids to their friend's houses in the neighborhood or on walks and is actually best frienemies with our neighbor's dog.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I have had many Cats, and they are all different. One thing that is the same about them all though, is that it takes quite awhile, and a lot of effort to build a relationship with them. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join