It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love is life's true purpose

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I am always asking myself what is the point of this planet? Most of the time I come to the conclusion that everything is totally pointless until recently. I have been thinking the point of this entire physical world and the point of life and death is to truly value seek out and experience what truly unconditional love it. Loss is probably a major part of the experience of love as well.

Potentially after the experience of this world we can move into a higher form of being predicated on experiencing the totality of love but I think that this place is something you have to learn to accept. For me personally I catch myself rejecting love. I kind of almost run away from it. I don't know if any of you do this and know what I'm talking about. So for me I have to focus on experiencing love and accepting that feeling and that experience. It sounds funny saying that but it's the truth.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yep.

👣

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There are two other responses.

Procreation is life's true purpose, love be damned!

and

Death is life's true purpose.

P

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I think life's true purpose is to be happy. Its pretty much what everyone wants. What happy is, only you can answer that for yourself as everyone's will be different.
Love/hate is how we get there.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Death is life's true purpose

That's like saying the purpose of going to a movie theatre is to go back home.

And with procreation that's like saying the purpose of going to the movie theatre is to make your own movie, but about what? What is the movie about? what motivates you to watch it?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Can you define what you mean by love?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Death is life's true purpose

That's like saying the purpose of going to a movie theatre is to go back home.

A lot of living things live only to be food for some other creature.

Christians believe that the purpose of Jesus' life was death. Should we follow in his footsteps?

As for me? See my signature.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

What you just described reminded of this.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Learning to love is life's true purpose. I am still working on it, but remain hopeful.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yay, more "love" BS that is just another kick in the teeth for those of us unloved. Basically your telling me my life has no purpose!.

>SNIP<

Community Announcement re: Decorum
edit on 2/16/2015 by yeahright because: Removed inappropriate content

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
Yay, more "love" BS that is just another kick in the teeth for those of us unloved. Basically your telling me my life has no purpose!.

Damn, RiffRaff, I'm sorry to hear you feel so unloved, but that's hardly OP's fault.

Love is the purpose of living because that is what we are.

The objective is for each of us to recognize this, and that is what everyone's life is all about.
edit on 2/16/2015 by yeahright because: Edit of quoted and subsequently removed comment

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I feel the urge to repeat what I just posted on your other thread.

Using the mind for abstract thought is an effective choice for avoiding engagement in physical life and relationships.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF

# you.

Whether or not you feel loved, you can still love . Expand your conception of love.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DODwZ2XJBTo

Just like the land that bear the name Africa, Love is on my mind.

It's for everyone no matter where you're from, Love, it cross all lines.

Like the feeling of all the seasons changing, Love is a memory

And in these last days, when iniquity blazing, Truth Love Speaks.

I need true love Do you know what you mean to me

Does it show as I live and I breath

In the valley of the shadow, I know you'll be.

I defense, I conquer death I conquer the enemy (envy).

What is love really if it only affects, one aspect of life?

That's like a musician who only accepts, his own musical type.

That's like a preacher who only respects sunday morning, and not saturday night

That's how a soldier can come to reflect, That Love is more than a man and a wife.

In a time of plenty, Jah gonna keep me strong.

Things get hard and I keep cool, yeah, Jah gonna keep me strong.

When InI cup is empty, Jah gonna keep I strong. When InI cup is full, yeah, Jah keep I from their temptation

www.azlyrics.com...

edit on 15-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Finding a purpose is life's true purpose. If love is your chosen purpose, so be it; but I wager you, like everyone else, will find it is not enough.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Love is funny thing.... They say that every part of an organism has a function.. or is there because it had one. What about love... I mean true love, the feeling emotional kind. If there is a higher purpose for the soul I am convinced love has everything to do with it.

Being able to love someone with true love gives the person the ability to care, compassion and become unselfish... to name a few 'qualities'. I think that these few virtues come from love... and there are others. Experiancing them all and understanding the power and meaning of them will bring a person to a higher consciousness. It will bring a person closer to himself and free himself from the stuff that binds.

Just my thoughts about it...

edit on 15/2/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

All I can say is you must be one tough bastard !!!......Not many people find themselves in an unloved position. But I'm sure you and your higher self had all this sh!t worked out before your ass landed here. Now just as a refresher from my own manual. I find that love begets love.

Based on that ..... I would humbly suggest that you find someone that you can do ( unbeknownst to them ) some kind thing for. Just some little thing that you become "aware" of... that you can quietly do and make someone else have a better day. And before you know it ....you will not only be loved but it will actually abide in you and will not be able to be taken from you.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The thing about love is, is that it is hard to define.

Love occurs for no reason at all, it is a mystery, and there is no real logic to it.

It is far more than a feeling, and one can express love even if they do not experience it as an emotion, and this is done through selfless actions.

Love does not mix with "purpose" in my opinion, in fact it is tainted by it.

Purpose is objective, love is subjective.
edit on 15-2-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

It's a rare thing to catch a glimpse of unconditional, impersonal, non-local love. Hand-in-hand with that goes unconditional forgiveness. We all know how hard forgiveness can be, even of ourselves. Especially of ourselves.

Unconditional love is an altered state of love. One moment of it can light up an entire lifetime.

👣

edit on 514Sunday000000America/ChicagoFeb000000SundayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I absolutely LOVE the title of this thread. It drew me in like chocolate.

I want to quote a post of mine from a while ago... Link

I believe that there's a lot more to us than the physical.
I believe that this physical being is just a minor aspect or physical representation of who I am.
I believe I will exist after my body dies.
I believe that I am accountable for everything that occurs in my life.
I believe that lying is the greatest 'sin' against myself.
I believe that Love is the single most powerful force in existence.
I believe I have absolutely everything I need.
I believe that if I Love, Love will come to me.
I believe that my purpose here is to contribute to, rather than diminish, the goodwill that exists in the world.
I believe that death is nothing to fear.
I believe that everything is just exactly as it should be.

Do you have a dog, onequestion?

I think you and I got off to a rough start, because I said something unkind to you, but I have been reading your threads and posts since then and have come to value them. So, forgive me for being a jerk and please accept the fact that I really appreciate your contributions here.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join