It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love is life's true purpose

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule
Attachment is sycophantic, love is greed.

I think we are not able to connect, I have my experience in life and death, I still hold the notion that love is a distraction; some balance between ID and EGO we seek to justify ourselves.

If I'm wrong, its my lonely life I have to deal with. If not, its yours. Either way I have no concern. Apathy is underrated.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Apathy is underrated.

Now just a New York minute. You can't justify apathy by
under rating love amigo. Then out of the side of your neck
say it's apathy that's under rated. Not even in your isolated
opinion does that ring of any truth.
edit on Ram21715v39201500000015 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I beg to differ. I say "Interaction" is life's true purpose. A cog by itself is a great paperweight, but put a few together and you have a working mechanism.

There IS such thing as perpetual motion, it is Opposition. If you so choose to align yourself with the intelligent, aware, respectful, loving half of the universe, then more power to you. It will draw the ire of the other half, but just mentally pat them on the head and say "Bless your heart." and love them anyway. They have a lot of spiritual growing to do and you are offering yourself to help them.

* For those of you that feel unloved. Love others unconditionally. Love yourself unconditionally. If you still feel you need validation, get a dog. To have "to be loved by another" as a desire, is to set yourself up for almost certain disappointment.

Namaste.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Apathy is actually a good goal to have. Moderation in everything. Not to put too much stock in the good or the bad.

Having said that: you don't sound apathetic, you sound bitter. And I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just pointing that out so that maybe you can see it too and try to work your way out of that place. If you were here in person, I'd give you a big ol' hug!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

* For those of you that feel unloved. Love others unconditionally. Love yourself unconditionally. If you still feel you need validation, get a dog. To have "to be loved by another" as a desire, is to set yourself up for almost certain disappointment.

Except for the dog who knows nothing of apathy!

Get a dog, I love that.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I really am not trying to be a smart a**, I'm serious! I even took it a step further and had 2 kids! And no matter how bad i get dumped on- a smile or a hug or a 'mommy' from them warms my heart and makes it all worthwhile!

@ RifRAAF I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Personally I believe (because no one really knows) that he entered this world knowing his path. Maybe not every single step, but the key points. He interacted with people- including you- wrote in the book of their lives. On some level he knew he would be the victim of such a senseless murder and like throwing a people into a still pond the ripples would radiate from there. His life and death effect the a** hole that murdered him, his family, his co-workers, his friends, the police investigating it, the gravedigger, the mortician, everyone who read the newspaper article, everyone reading this thread, etc. And for the longest time I didn't believe in karma, but looking back I can safely say that even my slightest transgressions have come back on me ten-fold. So even if the criminal justice system fails- which it most likely will- try entertaining the notion that the 'bad' guy is going to spend the next SEVERAL lifetimes finding out why that was such a sh!tty thing to do.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

I really am not trying to be a smart a**, I'm serious!

I know and I know. And there isn't anything that should
make you believe I thought so. I guess for me a dogs love is
far more serious than it is in your eyes. And I'm not trying to
be a smartass either. Altho now it may look that way.
Anyway here you go!

CO bornagainalien. He taught me a good lesson.
edit on Ram21715v442015u08 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Awwww....thanks for the roses! So much better than the food poisoning I got for Valentine's! Lol!

Statement of fact: The only thing better than a dog, is a baby AND a dog.

Exhibit A:

I rest my case!

Now I'm going to quit hijacking this thread. Good luck on your path OP!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

Get a dog? wow that is soooooooo intuitive of you, since I am not permitted pets in my current accommodation. I hope you feel so clever.

I dont need validation, I am perfectly VALID in a state of poverty that is caused by people who brush off the necessity's of life and and put it on their #ing credit card!.

I struggle day to day, I have had yet another friend murdered. ENJOY YOUR DOG!. Its a luxury I cant afford.

Namaste.

If you knew what that actually meant, you would be rude to use it in such context.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Sorry to hear all that. Wish there was something I could do to help. Would it be ok with you if I pray for you? If not it's cool.

I hope your next life goes better for you. I think it will. Extremes tend to become their opposites. Enantiodromia.

👣

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

Sorry to hear all that. Wish there was something I could do to help. Would it be ok with you if I pray for you? If not it's cool.

I hope your next life goes better for you. I think it will. Extremes tend to become their opposites. Enantiodromia.

👣

No, dont pray for either me or my friend. It would be an insult, we are not christians.

ETA: Sorry, that is rude. You can pray for your family so they dont have to go thru the same.
edit on 17-2-2015 by RifRAAF because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

"Always look on the bright side of life." There, you owe me a star.

Namaste- I bow to you. I was offering my humble opinion in the hopes of maybe helping someone.

If you want a dog, get one. If your housing won't let you have one, get a new place. Can't afford a new place? Get a better job. Not qualified for a better job? Get training. There are resources out there if you're willing to bust your butt and work for what you want. Don't want to do all that? Get a damn hamster.

Romantic love seems intent on skipping me this life, but do you see me taking pot shots at random people? No. I accept it for what it is and try to be content with what I do have. Anger and hatred do nothing but corrode the vessel that carry them.

Again, I'm sorry about your friend. Instead of reading what I have to say and trying to find inspiration for healing, you're CHOOSING to be pissy and take minor details as a personal affront.

Pain is certain. Suffering is optional.

Here's an assignment for you: get off the computer and strike up a conversation with a random stranger. Ask them about themselves and listen with interest. Ask open ended questions, and when they answer one, follow up with another one. Volunteer at a nursing home- I used to be a nursing assistant, those poor people would LOVE some company. Give a drink of water to a paralyzed person- it will make you appreciate your legs. Maybe you're tight on cash, but try to leave an exceptionally big tip for an unsuspecting waiter/waitress when you can.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF

originally posted by: BlueMule

👣

No, dont pray for either me or my friend. It would be an insult, we are not christians.

ETA: Sorry, that is rude. You can pray for your family so they dont have to go thru the same.

No worries. In your shoes I would say the same, or worse.

I'm not a typical Christian. How many Christians would wish you luck in your next life? How many Christians are members of a peyote church? How many are UFO abductees?

I'm all religions, and none. I have a lot of friends on the other side of the veil. I could ask one of them to send you a special dream, if you like.

👣

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The purpose of life is wrong, if you believe that the rational side of your existence is you. This world is a desire made to pass. We experience the desire, with the personification of flesh. Without having the experience, means you never desired it.

The true self can not truly know its self in flesh. Which allows the true self to have the experience of flesh, without the clarity that would not permit such decisions.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Love is awareness of relationship with other, for me.

In that view, I'd have to say I agree with the premise.

When did our society decide that love is limited to relationships of family, or sexual/romantic couplings?

Is it only within those interactions that we touch upon relation?

With all that we can perceive around us, we have a relationship. We cannot take a walk through a forest without having an impact upon the life there.

We seem to have an understanding of inter-dependance in our familial or romantic types of relationships, but ignore the inter-dependance we have with other members of human society.

In my definition of the word "love", love is a constant, it simply IS. The only difference between a person who feels loved or not is in their awareness of it. It could be fair to say, "I need someone to help me perceive and experience this existing connection and relationship. I do not have someone to aid me in this right now". OKay. But it might be worth it to consider that somewhere along the path of evolution of your consciousness, a time might come when you challenge yourself to find it on your own, and become aware of it in it's larger aspect. To perceive it not as a singular connection to one individual, but as an existing connection and interdependence with many, many beings!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Yes I agree ... Love has many facets ...
There are many types of Love

Here are a few examples that come to mind

Unrequited love ... been there
Love of objects
Love of friends and family
Romantic Love

But the Love that crowns all is Unconditional Love
To love without expectations ...
It is impartial and without judgement or the accompanying emotions of possession and jealousy
It is the Love of all living things and everything

A tall order indeed ... But necessary
If we replace Love with the word Caring
Then it is only intelligent to care for all living things

Why ... Because if we do not care, we neglect
Imagine if the Source/Higher Intelligence chose to not care ... Then we would not exist ...
Perception is key

The caring I speak of is not to be confused with kindness
Why ... Here is an example ... Hypothetical of course

There was a person who is very lonely ... the reason for their loneliness is their attitude to others ...
It would be kind to visit that person and put up with their ways
But it would be caring to point out the error of their ways ... which caused their loneliness and pushed others away

Emotional pain of mind indicate that there is something that requires our attention
Like pain of body ...
In this way we should welcome pain ... for if we did not have pain we would remain unaware of what required our attention
However in the case of pain with ailments that can not be treated ... I am not advocating we should not use pain killers
I have been in the presence of friends and family on their "Death beds" the ailment was known but not treatable ... Of course their pain needed relief.

When I speak of emotional pain of mind I do not refer to the sense of loss of a loved one ... that is only natural
But even then it does help if those with understanding gently guide the one who suffers to a better understanding of the nature of the soul and how their loved ones still exist and are now free of pain ... and indeed know more than any of us know ... until we too pass over ... "Go Home" ...
Those with whom we share an affinity will always cross our path in this world and the next.

Love/Caring is not weak ... It is strong ... In accord with the Universe ... intelligent ... Our means of survival in Eternity

edit on 18-2-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 18-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join