It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreamed of dying and entering "limbo" now my life seems to be changing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I had the most realistic dream that I ever had and things in my life are changing badly.
The dream started with me in a park watching helicopters flying overhead with the British Royal family in them, there was about 4 or 5 helicopters, then all of a sudden they were under attack from RPGs and as the first helicopter crashed I raced over to try and help the occupants but as I got closer I noticed another helicopter exploded overhead with the rota blades coming down right in top if me. I started to run as fast as I could but I was that hit by a rota blade. When I was hit I saw the most brilliant bright light and I knew I was dead but I could feel nothing but contentment.
I looked around and I was in another "park" full of beautiful trees with birds flying around and loads of people just hanging about enjoying the sunshine, sharing a picnic, but this was not heaven it was "limbo" and everyone knew they were just hanging about waiting for a place in heaven, therr was no fear of "hell" as it just does not exist. I saw, but not spoke to my deceased mum, as we had a silent understanding that I wanted to return to my life.
During my walk around the park a person approached me, didnt see their face, and told me "if you want to return you have to speak with.... did not hear the name but I understood. So, I went to a pub that would remind you of something from Game of Thrones and spoke with........ then the next thing I was been resuscitated by a nurse and when I came around I said to her "I died, didnt I" she said "yes you did, but you are back now.
When I left the hospital I was fully aware of my injuries and what task I had ahead to get better.
This is when things go bad. I left the hospital and everyone I met were really bad, their attitude, their behaviour, you name it they were not people you would like to meet. I have an overwhelming feeling that I have finally seen "humanity" for what they really are, and that is a horrendous race of people. I then thought to myself "why the hell did I want to return so badly?" so I carried on my way trying to find someone that I did not know.
I then woke up. Since that dream my world has changed and my pesonality. My girlfreind and I have split, I have no real interest in what is going on in the world or my life for that matter, as it all feels fake! Imagine Neo in the Matrix, that is how I feel.
I have no real religious belief system so I do not understand why I have had such a strong dream of a religious nature.
The very next day of the dream I had a complete stranger be so nice and helpful to me but before the stranger was nice to me I had a strange feeling of "truth" and "calmness" which is really hard to explain.
I suppose what I am asking is, is it possible to have a dream that is so profound that its repercussions have a massive effect on your actual waking life? Something has happened to me and I need answers.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad

Well, about a third of our life is spent sleeping so it makes sense that our dreams can have profound effects on the waking world.

When I was younger I fell in love with a chick in my dream and it was a wonderful feeling. I was in a bad relationship at the time and was just kind of existing in a zombie state of working long hours to avoid seeing her when I got home. That dream made me feel heartache when I woke up and realized the dream girl wasn't real and also contributed to not wanting to be with the woman I was with anymore.

I couldn't really ignore the unhappiness after that and so it helped me to kind of snap out of my zombie state and start looking for an escape plan. At that moment I remember how wonderful being in love with someone nice is and how #ty the situation was that I was in.

So yeah, I think dreams can have a profound effect on the waking world...they are their own reality and offer a different set of rules than the waking world...which can allow your brain to work things out in interesting ways.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
you know that there is a old superstition, that if you see yourself die in a dream that you will die soon.
when i was a kid the old folks of the families use to tell me about people that did.

then there are those that say when you dream of dying, that your life is gonna change and many have said that they have gone through the same things you are.

some say that if you see your doppelganger the gig is up.

i say don't worry be happy and keep pluggin on, we all die in the end anyway.
edit on 14-2-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Don't feel bad bro. I've been having a whole series of super weird and vivid dreams as of late. I drastically changed my life again and I believe it is causing these strange dreams. 2 weeks ago I was in northern Vermont in a blizzard, today I'm living on a sail boat anchored off of Gaspirilla Island. My dreams are not about dying but actually about people I used to know respect or secretly be in love with or people I despised. The people are different and they do things that are so bizarre it's sometimes frightening like nightmares and sometimes not.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

read robert monroe's books about oobe. there are three, read them in order.
be well.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
You may have had a gestalt bubble up from your subconscious to prod your waking self......
I would not fear it....but use your powers of observation , and introspection,......don't know anything about you but it sounds like you are on the cusp.....
Three or four sections to that three score and ten....and the divisions between can be quite noticeable and unsettling...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Your dream is quite interesting. I feel that the part about the royal family is somehow really important.

This "limbo" afterlife park you found yourself in, where the people seemed nicer than the people after coming back to the world of the living, is like once people have died they become better then while living. Are the dead released from the baggage of hate and selfishness in our real world of daily experience?

So strange, but overall it sounds like you have had a spiritual awakening, like a glimpse of the truth. Now the real world, after waking, seems shallow, self centered and more or less evil. It must be really hard to handle considering you made so many changes after this dream experience. Perhaps you need to seek out people like the kind stranger. Maybe the stranger has had a similar awakening and you can now discern this spirit within others.

I wish you the best on your new but difficult journey.
edit on 14-2-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

you know that there is a old superstition, that if you see yourself die in a dream that you will die soon.

I have heard this too

I have had several dreams that came to pass in real life and dreams which changed my perspective or way of looking at reality

I have had dreams where I have been murdered ... in past times ... Aztec ritual ... and also in Medieval times

I believe dreams are for a reason and we can learn and grow from them if we pay attention
Some premonition dreams I have understood years later when events came to pass
In a way I think this life is like a dream and in dreams many things are possible

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

i got killed many times in dream.
some of them were painful because i was stabbed to death.
but i realize, something talking to me in waking state, telephatically, telling me that i created these things by thinking bad about others or treating others unfairly in the pasts and they became lucid nightmares.
imho all these experience are the closest to 'hell' being described in bible.

peace

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have read your replies and found them very interesting. I do believe there has been some sort of "awakening" but not 100% sure what it is. Maybe my life is set to take a turn either good or bad but hey I will sit back and hopefully enjoy the ride.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Hmm .. I had an incredibly disturbing dream a few weeks ago in which I was shot point blank in the head, subsequently died and fell into this timeless darkness. Really got under my skin. And now I'm having some monumental changes beginning to take place in my personal life, too.

Weird.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Not that I am an advocate of Tarot Cards ... But the "Death" cards meaning is of big changes in one's life
Also some spiritual texts speak of having to die to be reborn ... not the actually physical death of one's body but the Death of the so called ego .. which is seen as a false identity
edit on 15-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Dreams play a role in my life, including both the ones that have come true, and those that haven't.

Usually, if one of them is profound, I try to write it down as soon as I can.

If you are looking for a dying dream...

I was "myself" (as in, an older version of myself), out somewhere in the western US, and remember a little girl saying "comet! comet!" as a large meteor/asteroid passed over my field of vision (heading east). There was a far-off explosion, and a blazing wind swept past everyone. I remember the wind burnt/incinerated most of the people; I took a long, painful, rasping breath (well of course it was painful, as my lungs were burned), and expired right there. Felt myself leave the body, and found myself in a place with a lot of other people. One of the girls I liked was there, as well as another I gave up on - The one I liked looked me in the eye, and said "Go back for her - I will always be here for you, but you need to go back and be with her". Based on my calculations, I've got till I'm 27-29 to see if this comes true.

Now, this dream was significant to me on multiple levels - First being if that is how death is in the real world, then I'm actually not afraid of it. Second being, I was given a clear directive to not give up on someone (make a long story short, I did give up on her, and found out that had I not, she wouldn't have vanished - she broke all contact with everyone and left). Finally, it reminded me that many of the people you are friends with on the physical will probably be there for you when it's your time to go.

-foss

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Welcome to the world of the shaman my man.

Its never going to stop. During the most awakening time of my life it was almost as if something was guiding me through my dreams.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Thanks for your post ...

I can totally relate to your post ... having had similar such dreams
And yes one's fear of death is diminished

You know they say that falling asleep is a form of death
Yet we still are and always will be ... and those we share an affinity with will always cross our paths in this life and the next

Off to bed now to dream

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Dreams are a resource underutilized by humanity.

If you want to take this dream experience to the next level you need to start learning what they mean.

Start a dream log asap and start meditating before bed itll help your dreams become more lucig/ memorable. Then eat a little cleaner that will help tremendously.

Also, journeying if you dont know what that is you might to start researching it. Start journeying you might want someone you know with experience to guide you through this process.

You have to let your dream self act and remember the actions and directions and from there you will begin to understand the symbolism better.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I can only relate to your opinion of mankind after an awakening. I have had the same feeling and I was thoroughly disgusted with humankind for a couple weeks and I felt like I didn't belong. It wasn't in a proud way at all, in fact I was quite humble but simply disgusted with all the evil and filthy greed. The feeling ebbs so don't worry. I try to more patient with people but I usually fail miserably. I know I am just as disgusting as the next person.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Great thread and thanks for sharing the personal story. I always wake up before dying in a dream almost like my body thinks if I die in a dream I will really die.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

That was interesting like a dream within a dream. It can get a bit confusing. If you try to realise that the everyday is also a type of dream state, and you can attract the bad and the good, just by going out and looking for it, it isn't that bad. It just takes a bit longer. Having no purpose, or task leads to aimless drifting, and leads to a land called nowhere.

If you take it on-board that your consciousness can live in many states and places, your halfway there. I once thought that you just had the OOBE. and the Lucid dream, but their is another, the type that you experienced, where you are actually in another place, just like the here and now, that's a blessing because you have been awakened . So from here on for you, their is nothing to fear, because what has been done cannot be undone . You now know that death is an illusion . So don't doubt it, and explore this new land . Their are many like minded people, so if you feel isolated it will pass.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I can only relate to your opinion of mankind after an awakening. I have had the same feeling and I was thoroughly disgusted with humankind for a couple weeks and I felt like I didn't belong. It wasn't in a proud way at all, in fact I was quite humble but simply disgusted with all the evil and filthy greed. The feeling ebbs so don't worry. I try to more patient with people but I usually fail miserably. I know I am just as disgusting as the next person.

Their are no bad people just bad circumstances, if you think you cant change your circumstances, then just think again .It just requires a bit of effort, to take the first step. People is where its at.

top topics

join