It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaur Hoax

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Wait....if you're not an archaeologist.....why do you have a trowel

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: missmousenburg

There are many uses for trowels

One can use it it as an eating implement
Or stirring the cooking pot with
A fly swat
An article of jewellery ... trowel pendants and earnings
Picking one's nose with

The list is endless
Also it is most useful as a defence weapon if one is confronted by an angry Dinosaur

edit on 19-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 19-2-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2015 by artistpoet because: typos

edit on 19-2-2015 by artistpoet because: tum te tum diddly dee

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

ha ha, touche!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I was wrong about this. The common held belief is that the calendar counts from the day of creation. It is a fringe idea that it starts at expulsion from the garden. The idea behind the fringe belief is that Adam and Eve would have had no reason to calculate time prior to being expelled from the garden. There are also Jewish mythos which state Adam was given a prophecy about when they would be saved, ~5500 years from being evicted, by a "redeemer". These works predate Christianity. Hence, they started counting from the day of the prophecy...

Roughly 5775 years have passed though...so, yeah.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Well seeing as the Creation was supposed to have taken 6 days with a rest day making seven
A week would not make much difference to the figure either way I guess

Edit to add ... Unless Adam and Eve were in the garden for a very long time before God kicked them out

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Jews hold that each day of creation was a very long period of time. The idea of literal days of creation is rooted in Christianity.

Jewish views on age of the earth

the "first week" of Creation lasted for extremely long periods of time.

Jewish faith also has no disconnect with the idea of evolution.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I see
Thanks

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

and also

originally posted by: artistpoet

Well seeing as the Creation was supposed to have taken 6 days with a rest day making seven
A week would not make much difference to the figure either way I guess

Edit to add ... Unless Adam and Eve were in the garden for a very long time before God kicked them out

There are a lot of Christians who hold to that idea as well. Based on the, "a day is like a thousand years, a thousand years is like a day" scripture (2 Peter 3:8), they theorize that creation wasn't literal days but rather entire epochs.

Believe it or not....there are also Christians who believe in evolution.

edit on 19-2-2015 by missmousenburg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: missmousenburg
a reply to: Blarneystoner

If you want to get technical about it! Yeah. But that's why I made my post to begin with . . . it was a joke. Archaeologists have nothing to do with dinosaurs.

I can't help it.... technical is what I do....

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I am one of them...

The way I see it, you can't get educated and not walk away from it without realizing that the theory of evolution isn't some made up mumbo jumbo to explain away god (although that is what it gets used for), but merely the best explanation of how life appears to have developed according to biological and geological records (I.E. Paleontology).

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

So am I. Actually, oddly enough, I grew up a pretty conservative Christian (not so conservative I thought dinosaurs were a hoax) but nonetheless, creation, etc. . . . I spent 5 years at a Pentecostal college getting a bachelor's degree in World Missions (to be a missionary).....

Shortly after that, I had some very painful things happen in the church while at the same time started to question everything and realizing missions wasn't in my future....so what was!? Through another series of round-a-bout events I landed on Anthropology. SOOOOO glad I did. I LOVE it! And then of course, you can't be an anthropologist and not change your point of view (like you were saying), lol, it's impossible. So now I have two BA's....one in a religious field and one in a scientific field, lol - I'm also currently working on my MSc in Forensic Archaeology and CSI.

I'm still a Christian but I have next to nothing to do with the church, because "church" and its values aren't anywhere remotely near to what I've come to know about Christ.....and to be completely honest, I know there are good people in the church, but mostly they just kind of sicken me, lol - I can tell you one thing, though . . . the people in the churches I grew up in, they hate seeing what I've become . . . which is awesome, and "enlightened",. educated, and tolerant, etc. etc. I like seeing them squirm

Sorry, didn't mean to go on and on....

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I am also not a member of a church. I have two Graduate Degrees in different fields as well, Atmospheric Science and Business. I just completed the second one so I am pretty stoked on that.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Nice! Congratulations!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I remember this brainless twit from Mumsnet earlier this year. Holy crap, she's a special kind of stupid isn't she?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88

You know what is the sad thing about this type of science rewriting, that is people that will actually believe it and support it

I had a very good friend back in the 90s when my husband was station in 29 palms, she was a dearest girl and we became very close friends, but it was something, I could never have an intelligent conversion about, religion or history, even when she was a teacher and deeply a fundamentalist Christian, she was of the believe that dinosaurs were no real and that they never existed, that none Christians created that hoax to disprove that the earth was only 6 thousand years old, yes she was also a young earth believer.

Religion is a powerful tool.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Dinosaurs don't exist for me because I've never seen such fictional creatures.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

I have never met you. Therefore you are a fictional character and do not exist.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
a reply to: Tindalos2013

I have never met you. Therefore you are a fictional character and do not exist.

Interesting. Do you converse with nonexistent fictional characters often?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

On ATS, quite often, it seems .......

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join