It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim family want “Gypsy Grandfathers Body” exhumed!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill
a reply to: and14263

It's a drop the dead donkey story , basically a column filler .

But with land being scarce the the uk , wouldn't it be better to bury all future cases at sea .

It would solve any future problems of this nature .

They would get dredged up by storms, boat anchors, fishing boat nets, exploding world war II ordinance and treasure hunters.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
i was talking about deep sea , and i have never heard of any bodies being washed up after a sea burial .

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
uPDATE

The local Parish Council had their meeting this evening and released the following statement. I'm glad they came to their senses.

Please find below a statement issued by Burbage Parish Council:

STATEMENT

10th February 2015 In response to the article published in The Hinckley Times (5th February 2015) titled: Dispute of grave plots after burial of Gypsy, a spokesperson for Burbage Parish Council said: "An inaccurate, divisive and inflammatory article printed in The Hinckley Times appeared to indicate that Burbage Parish Council has considered the exhumation of a person recently interred at Burbage Cemetery – this is totally untrue and without foundation.

A number of years ago the Parish Council received correspondence from a Burbage resident requesting that provision be made at Burbage Cemetery for Muslim Burials. The Council were able to accommodate this request by facilitating swift arrangements for burial, providing a particular orientation to the grave and providing a larger size grave plot. The first Muslim burial at Burbage Cemetery took place several months ago. "More recently a non-Muslim family with special requirements, which could be met by the provisions already put in place, were allocated the next grave plots within the same area of the Cemetery.

Unfortunately a number of complaints followed and the Council initiated their correct procedures and considered the matter carefully. "Burbage Parish Council has sought to resolve this matter in a fair and transparent manner and has had extensive dialogue with both families concerned.

We have also taken extensive legal advice on all matters associated with the issues raised.

"Burbage Cemetery is a non-denominational, multi-faith facility and requests from all communities living in and around Burbage will be treated equally and fairly in line with our policies and the law.

At a meeting held 10th February 2015 the Council's existing policy was confirmed.

"The Parish Council regrets any distress." ENDS

Source

None story anyone?

I thank you.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Only in Britain, its all over multiculturism at its finest, works well for Islam. If you're Christian try doing something like this in a middle eastern country

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

You just don't give up!

When the grandfather was buried, the adjacent burial blot belonged to a Muslim family and they complained to the Parish Council that a "non believer" was buried next to their dead.

What is a non story? The fact that the Parish council upheld the decision that the cemetery was multi faith or that the Muslim family requested that the grandfathers body was exhumed?

More to the point and very much a "story" was the fact the council even had a meeting to discuss this. It's a plain as night and day, if you bury your dead in a multi faith cemetery, you have no right to ask adjacent plots to only be given to others of the same faith.

Edit - you have a nerve, you diss folk for reading MSM and yet you start your own threads using random blogs stating and I quote "the queen is a pedo" and yet you come to this thread stating its a non story when you write threads about tripe found on some nutters blog.

Just because someone reads MSM does not mean that they take everything as gospel. One has to keep an open mind. However if you would rather believe some of the tripe you've discussed on ATS as it came from a blog rather than MSM, then I have nothing else to add as it shows the kind of ATS member you really are.
edit on 11.2.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

It's just that what I said in my first post is exactly what happened.

News agenda and its effects on humans

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Perhaps you should find an article regarding "the effect of conspiracy blogs on humans"

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

He adds that while the majority of the press appear to report such matters responsibly, there are enough examples of careless or reckless reporting to conclude that discriminatory, sensational or unbalanced reporting in relation to ethnic minorities, immigrants and/or asylum seekers is a feature of journalistic practice in parts of the press, rather than an aberration.

The unbalanced news agenda

This is worrying considering the effect what we see in the news has on our behaviours and beliefs.

The rise in Islamic extremism and hatred towards Muslims is IMO related to the rise in negative reporting around the religion and increase in reports on extremism throughout the world. A self fulfilling prophecy.

This story is an example of the news agenda being set to create reactions from the public.

There are a million and one things happening in the world - who picks and why are our headlines cherry picked in the way they are? - That's the point I'm making. Don't fall into the arms of news agenda marketing. It dilutes our media.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Nonsense, just because you believe this is a non story does not deviate from the fact that a Muslim Family requested that the 89 year old grandfather was moved from the adjacent burial plot.

Had this been any other religion it would have still been a story due to the audacity of religious folk believing their faith and believes are to be taken as priority over someone else's belief system in a Multi Faith cemetery.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Muslims upsetting Travellers....could get 'interesting'.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join