It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim family want “Gypsy Grandfathers Body” exhumed!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
This story has made me so angry and thus the reason for the rant!

Shadrack Smith was buried at Lynchgate Lane Cemetery in a traditional “Romany Funeral” last Friday.

The most important thing to be aware of is this cemetery is “MULTI FAITH”

His family bought three plots they picked as they faced his home “A Tradition in Romany Culture”. Since they purchased the plots, the family of a Muslim man, who is already buried on site have objected to the 89 year old grandfather being buried next to their family member being buried next to a “Non Believer”. The Muslim family have asked the local parish council to exhume the body of the gypsy grandfather and to bury him elsewhere in the cemetery.

This is appalling! an absolute disgrace, this is a “MULTI FAITH” cemetery and yet the Parish Council is considering the Muslims family request TONIGHT at a Parish Meeting.

In my mind, you either realise when burying your dead in a “MULTI FAITH” cemetery that others who do not share your belief system will be buried, or you bury your dead in a cemetery just for your faith.

This is what causes religious and racial tensions in the UK when the Council are now pandering to this Muslim family. It’s a disgrace and if the Muslim family are not happy with the burial of their loved one in this “MULTI FAITH” cemetery, then exhume your loved one and bury them in a plot more in keeping with your faith.

How dare they dictate to others about who should and should not be buried next to their loved ones. If they felt that aggrieved by this, then perhaps they should have bought all the plots adjacent to their loved ones rather than dictate to the Parish council, who can and cannot be buried.

Read the rest of the story here!

www.hinckleytimes.net...

edit on 10.2.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

edit on 10.2.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Pretty much in line with how Romany get treated across all of Europe. Doesn't make it any less disgusting.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
They should get their money back along with pain and suffering.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Pretty much in line with how Romany get treated across all of Europe. Doesn't make it any less disgusting.

Ah yeah, that kinda sums it up. The Romany get treated like this and far worse by virtually everybody, everywhere.

It's quite sad really.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
They paid for the Land there is no case to be had, if this goes to court.

The Parish can't renage on a contract...

They should pitch a tent in protest on top of the grave so no one can dig it up without their knowledge.

& the Muslim family should have picked a more suitable burial ground.

Unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Who gets the money back? The Muslim family that seems to think that, unless you are of the same faith, you're not good enough to be buried near them, or the family who buries the loved one in a place they paid for and didn't care who was next door?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It's another one of those stories printed for clicks and comments. Ignore it.

I imagine the Parish will dismiss the hearing tonight and nothing will come of this.

Lots of local newspaper website in England are using this format. As they get more clued up to what sells/clicks/comments it becomes more prevalent.

Usually it is stories involving Muslims, immigrants, benefit scroungers, little girls banned from school for certain type of clothing - all stuff to rile the readers and get a click!

Ignore it.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

It's a drop the dead donkey story , basically a column filler .

But with land being scarce the the uk , wouldn't it be better to bury all future cases at sea .

It would solve any future problems of this nature .

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

So its a none story you're saying?

Despite the fact that the Parish had already asked the family of the grandfather for permission to erect a hedge between the two plots. And if it was such a "NON STORY" why has the Parish Council refused entry to members of the public and press at tonight's meeting when discussing this very issue?

TONIGHTS PARISH MEETING AGENDA

This does rile me up for the fact its despicable for anyone to use their religion as a reason to have somebodies body exhumed due to their religious beliefs, despite having your loved one buried in a "Multi faith" cemetery.

I hope you're correct in your assumption that the Parish Council will see sense at this nonsense and remind the Muslim family that they chose to bury their loved one in a "Multi Faith" cemetery.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Relax. It is a story published to get people like you hyped.

Why is it behind closed doors?

I've been to Parish meetings regarding land applications - they are heated. Or CAN be. SO a meeting about a racial issue and death... it will encourage people who are not used to a quiet meeting into the fold and hell would break loose.

Just a good story.

The conspircay....The outcome? Depends on contacts the family have. There are some local land owners and property dealers who are Muslim round Hinckley... these would be able to sway the meeting - I've seen it done regularly, they get planning permission easily enough. (Not just Muslims.. local landlords etc).

The conspiracy should be focused on that I guess, not race.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Eh, not the only ones who get stupid when it comes to buried bones, especially of their own family. My devout Roman Catholic family (great aunts & uncles mostly) had a cow when my great-grandmother died & her will said "cremate & I don't care where you stow me." They expected her to be buried in a coffin in a Catholic cemetery, not in slot in an all-faiths cemetery. The ultra-devout spinster baby sister of hers even tried to block the cremation. Needles to say, that didn't work out for her.

It really is a non-story, this is just a hissy fit from idiots. It might have slightly more weight if it was a Holocaust survivor & a guard from the camp said survivor lived through, but even then -- you don't get much to say when your dirt nap neighbor moves in.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Relax. It is a story published to get people like you hyped.

People like me? get off your soap box, you know nothing about me to even make such a judgement.

The conspiracy should be focused on that I guess, not race.
or

SO a meeting about a racial issue and death

"People like you" need to realise that Islam is not a race!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Sorry mate I didn't want to annoy you, I was just typing what I thought. I just meant people like you - as in people who read news sites.

As for semantics - yeah guess I'm ignorant when it comes to what words to use. I may edit my post to say 'prejudice' instead of race - but only people clasping at straws from the angry chair would care about that.

Seriously, I don't want to get you riled up over a web forum. Peace. Enjoy the place.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
"People like you" need to realise that Islam is not a race!

no you are correct islam is not a race it's a PESTILENCE .

edit on 10-2-2015 by tom.farnhill because: sorry i tried to quote on sentece but got it wrong

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Wow, the Brits are really bending over and taking it without the Vaseline.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

"People like you" need to realise that Christianity is not a race!

no you are correct Christianity is not a race it's a PESTILENCE .

edit on Tue Feb 10 2015 by Jbird because: removed quote tags

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shakawkaw

Not a smart move considering the number of Christians on this site!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Who gets the money back? The Muslim family that seems to think that, unless you are of the same faith, you're not good enough to be buried near them, or the family who buries the loved one in a place they paid for and didn't care who was next door?

I was referring to the Rom, for even having to deal with this.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shakawkaw

very clever , but then people of your religion ( Islam ) are experts in twisting words to further your bloodthirsty agenda .
i may have been born a Christian but i do not adhere to any religion anymore because i have learnt that nearly all religions
are an obstacle to a peaceful coexistence .

but people of Islamic faith stand by and do not cry out and condemn the atrocities committed by your fanatics .

This in the eyes of normal thinking people taints the whole Islamic religion .

you say Allah the merciful , maybe he is but his followers most certainly are not .

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
uPDATE

The local Parish Council had their meeting this evening and released the following statement. I'm glad they came to their senses.

Please find below a statement issued by Burbage Parish Council:

STATEMENT

10th February 2015 In response to the article published in The Hinckley Times (5th February 2015) titled: Dispute of grave plots after burial of Gypsy, a spokesperson for Burbage Parish Council said: "An inaccurate, divisive and inflammatory article printed in The Hinckley Times appeared to indicate that Burbage Parish Council has considered the exhumation of a person recently interred at Burbage Cemetery – this is totally untrue and without foundation.

A number of years ago the Parish Council received correspondence from a Burbage resident requesting that provision be made at Burbage Cemetery for Muslim Burials. The Council were able to accommodate this request by facilitating swift arrangements for burial, providing a particular orientation to the grave and providing a larger size grave plot. The first Muslim burial at Burbage Cemetery took place several months ago. "More recently a non-Muslim family with special requirements, which could be met by the provisions already put in place, were allocated the next grave plots within the same area of the Cemetery.

Unfortunately a number of complaints followed and the Council initiated their correct procedures and considered the matter carefully. "Burbage Parish Council has sought to resolve this matter in a fair and transparent manner and has had extensive dialogue with both families concerned.

We have also taken extensive legal advice on all matters associated with the issues raised.

"Burbage Cemetery is a non-denominational, multi-faith facility and requests from all communities living in and around Burbage will be treated equally and fairly in line with our policies and the law.

At a meeting held 10th February 2015 the Council's existing policy was confirmed.

"The Parish Council regrets any distress." ENDS

Source

top topics

<<   2 >>

join