It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INTERNET bans for people who post anti-Jewish messages online demanded by MPs in the U.K

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Maybe our glorious leaders should try and deal with the Peadophiles in the government before trying to silence free speech in the country .The parliamentary group also recommended setting up a government fund for synagogue security and guidance for teachers explaining Middle East issues to pupils.

The report found “Hitler” and “Holocaust” were among the top 35 key words used on Twitter last summer, with abusive posts including the hashtag “Hitler was right”.

Where will this stop as every group will demand the same hate speech law very quickly - Gays-Gypsy's especially
then it will roll out to Politics and quickly kill any online chat for fear of having your home broken into in the early hour's by police to arrest you then confiscate any computer equiptment but could this be a cunning ploy for everyone to register for a online passport , or is it more hot air to attract voters

The MPs said: “Anti- Semitism is thankfully a rarity for British Jews.
so why bother

The MPs also warned boycotts and protests at shops selling Israeli goods could slip into anti-Semitism.
bright lot we have running the place

www.express.co.uk...

www.gov.uk...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

The report found “Hitler” and “Holocaust” were among the top 35 key words used on Twitter last summer, with abusive posts including the hashtag “Hitler was right”.

So what, most people can't make it through an internet day without referencing something about ww2
That's why i have been desensitized, i don't care about the holocaust, hitler or nazi germany, between school and internet i have been saturated to the point i don't care about it.
Most people just use those words to create some kind of "gotcha" argument, it should not be considered antisemitic by default.
and why do jews get a special treatment?
i do believe in the slippery slope argument, and we already live in times of vomit inducing political correctness.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I bet is ok to have anti muslin speech, ban everyone or ban none.

Jews really like to be the center of attention, Christians were persecuted and feed to lions and they got over it, maybe its time for jews to get over it too?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
Maybe our glorious leaders should try and deal with the Peadophiles in the government before trying to silence free speech in the country .The parliamentary group also recommended setting up a government fund for synagogue security and guidance for teachers explaining Middle East issues to pupils.

Where will this stop as every group will demand the same hate speech law very quickly - Gays-Gypsy's especially
then it will roll out to Politics and quickly kill any online chat for fear of having your home broken into in the early hour's by police to arrest you then confiscate any computer equiptment but could this be a cunning ploy for everyone to register for a online passport , or is it more hot air to attract voters

The MPs said: “Anti- Semitism is thankfully a rarity for British Jews.
so why bother

The MPs also warned boycotts and protests at shops selling Israeli goods could slip into anti-Semitism.
bright lot we have running the place

www.express.co.uk...

www.gov.uk...

As a "yank" I can't speak about your laws or the way they are applied.

We broke with your gov long ago for obvious reasons.

But obviously Jews don't deserve more protection than anyone else.

This just seems like another way to take away more rights.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

You also have the phenomena of the derogatory "denier" associated with skeptics in the climate wars as well .Maybe the MP's could better help some people grow a little skin especially the sensitive Jew's .. oh ,wait ...nvm

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Jews really like to be the center of attention, Christians were persecuted and feed to lions and they got over it, maybe its time for jews to get over it too?

It was ok for Muslims to turn up at the parade's of returning soldiers and shout murder's at them. same with funerals and nothing was done .

This seems to be one sided

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It was ok for Muslims to turn up at the parade's of returning soldiers and shout murder's at them. same with funerals and nothing was done .

Divide and conquer.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I would love to see how much this will cost to police , then times it by 3 for the real figure ,but this could turn quickly into a 1984 country with people afraid to talk online

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here's the report that makes the recommendations...

www.antisemitism.org.uk...

The forward of the report says...

Whilst all the members of the investigatory team were parliamentarians and numerous meetings were held in parliament, the investigation held no official powers and the report is not an official parliamentary report.

So, before everyone goes off in a panic, note it's nothing like what the OP says.

Also, on the alleged paedophile scandal, that is being dealt with...

www.gov.uk...

Regards

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Bit of a non-story if you ask me, "The All-Party Parliamentary Group against Anti-Semitism" consisting of a group of backbench MP's have come to the conclusion that hate against Jews should be tackled online. Yawn.
No legislation is going through now until after the election this year, there is no Green paper being considered by Parliament, no White paper setting this out as government policy, not even a private members bill being presented to the house to vote on, nothing but hot air from a Parliamentary Group.

When/if any real steps are taken to actually change legislation I may be interested, but I'm just seeing the Express being typically sensationalist, and a few MP's sharing an opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

How will they differentiate between an actual anti-Semite or someone who is just joking around...

It's all hilarious to see the double standards since the Charlie Hebdo attack...

Hilarious & predictable.

Lol at the Boycott & anti-Semitism link...
That's their favourite ploy to cease any debate or action against illegal settlements Human Rights abuses being used to garner profit...

#BDS
#FreeSpeech
#FreePalestine

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

As our biggest Ally you have every right and are invited to share your opinion... imo.

More noise from around the World as well as just our Isle can hinder the plans for more Totalitarianism.

Even if one doesn't believe in the Globalism agenda or NWO, such as myself...

It can help to be a Globalist "Agnostic"...

What affects one, may one day affect all.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Did anyone read the BBC link that makes it quite clear that although the recommendation came from a group looking at anti Semitism, they made it clear it should not be linked to one particular group and should be about hate speech to anyone based on faith, and logically gender or colour of skin.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The divide and conquer appears to be more used by people who didn't read the full context and assumed it was to protect only the Jewish community from hate messages.

If people in America wish to talk about how speech should be free regardless of its content... maybe not all your country folk agree with you -

today.yougov.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Maybe Eric Pickles was on a money run from some rich donars with the Election due soon but they seem to forget easy the Brits murdered in 1948

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

So, what happened to "We Are Charlie!"

Those proposing this legislation sound a lot like ISIS. Only difference is the religion in question.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
For anyone who does not know who Eric Pickles is he once told a child abuse survivor and author to ‘change her medication’. Not another bloody paedophile protector.

tapnewswire.com...[ed itby]edit on 9/2/2015 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

That is the way BBC news is going with the story ,no mention of a broad group in hate speech jut anti-Semitism

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

That is the way BBC news is going with the story ,no mention of a broad group in hate speech jut anti-Semitism

The report was about anti-Semitism. However, the sentiments can be translated to anyone. The report has some quite shocking reading with some really intently targeted hatred towards Jews.

Regards

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

When Mosque's were getting targeted last year mr pickles was very quiet then

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

So its not OK the utter anti-jewish things, but its OK for people to be anti-muslem....

Uk.. There are millions of muslems in the world that are constantly being hated apon because a few thousand f'ed up people in their religion. How about we focus on something more important.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join