It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Debate Rages - "Is She Fat?"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yes... this is what ATS needs, intelligent debate that hits right at the core of the troubles in society.
A thread that really speaks to our spiritual and creative side....

*sigh*

She isn't even remotely fat and honestly.... just....

*sigh*

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i think people who actually take some time and think or even debate fervently about whether this woman is fat or not, are the reason why the world is the way it is.

as long as things like these are our major concern TPTB can lean back and beat their chests satisfyingly.

i know a lot of people, girls and women mostly, who can name you 30 film stars, 50 musicians and can debate endlessly about wheter they are hot or not.
when i interrupt them and ask "name me one political party!" there suddenly is this relaxing silence. why? because they don't know one!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

well, to be fair....im not sure knowing anything about the fallacy we call "politics" is an indicator of insightfulness.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

lol I was thinking the same thing.

There is no difference between celebrity gossip and politics in my opinion.

A bunch of people whose sole existence is to present a nice face to the public that is complete and utter bull# while raking in a good salary through entertainment.

Pot calling the kettle black I'd say.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Ah, yes, I'll take a half dozen of each, thanks

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Shes not obese

But she certainly isn't healthy

Just how it is, pc nonsense aside...shes overweight and her internals are taxed badly

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wow.

Really ATS?
While the woman in the video is absolutely beautiful, there seems to be a lot of hate on here for "stick" woman. That's nice.

I get it. Media has pushed the issue regarding thin, to the point where girls make themselves sick and making everyone think they should be like them. And they should be punished for it, by way of the public waking up, and no longer tolerating the BS.
Woman are beautiful. And every man has his own tastes in woman. Believe it or not, so do we women.

Sorry, but this whole issue just pisses me off. I've always been thin. I have a fast metabolism. I've been accused of being bulimic, and anorexic when I was young.

How about you appreciate women for who they are? And if there is one your type, "pursue" her. But don't be cruel to the ones that aren't.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's general chitchat so I'll play. She's hot. In a surface of the sun, molten lava nuclear reactor way. Hotter than hot heat hot. Blazing, boiling, sizzling, scorching, sweltering, torrid, blistering, fiery, incandescent, halogen light bulb, feverishly, ghost pepper hot.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I prefer women who are analemic; they only eat in social situations & throw up as soon as possible afterward.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think the debate is sparked not so much in how she looks, she's obviously gorgeous. .but more the debate stems from the shock of seeing an average woman portrayed in media.

I wish someone would do an experiment and ask people is she is fat or beautiful in real life as well. I bet more of the same people who say she is fat after viewing her via media would change their opinion after viewing her in real life.

People are just used to seeing unrealstic portrayals of beauty in media and marketing and when shown something else it is a bit disconcerting. It even applies to age, seeing older women in leading roles, etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I do not feel that personal taste can be divorced from this equation.

I, for one, tend to be heavily attracted to petite women. Not just weight, but stature as well. Now, many will cry unfair as I am a big guy. Big stature at 6'3, large hands, feet, broad shoulders, a head too big to find a hat for, etc. I am also overweight. Have been all my life. All in all, I am the *smallest* man in my family from both factors I just described about myself.

At the end of the day, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What I do not like about the media coverage is that I believe everyone is jumping on the feel good band wagon. Oh, she's beautiful was all I saw about this on the news this morning. Whereas not difficult to look at in my opinion, not at all my cup of tea, either.

What I do not like is the silly PC bullsh*t where people are wanting to feel good about themselves by fawning all over her.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The woman in the video you have posted is not fat, as in obese. She has more flesh than most of the females that get put in front of a camera with very little clothing on, but is most assuredly not fat. Believe me, I have known some genuinely obese women in my time, and this lady who ever she is, certainly does not fit the bill.

Of course, my question is, who cares? We are who we are. God knows, I am not in great shape. My attitude is that if the first thing you notice about a human being is their apparant level of physical fitness, then you may have cotton wool between your ears, and should be more concerned about that, than the size of someone elses jeans.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I generally am 5'8" in a size 12 with a size 8 shoe. The kicker on the shoe is that it's size 8 in both men's and women's. Truly.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This debate is dumb everyone is commenting oh she is fine the way she is she's beautiful but that's not the question the question is - Is she fat? We'll she definitely isn't skinny. And her back fat isn't called back skinny. With that said she is what I would call thick with a little extra love on her back. If her belly cast a shadow over her bottoms then I would label her as fat. Answer no she is not fat or skinny or athletic she's thick
edit on 07/11/2014 by Goldenwilys because: O

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

well, to be fair....im not sure knowing anything about the fallacy we call "politics" is an indicator of insightfulness.

ugh.. you don't understand my point. politics was just an example! if i ask something about history or biology etc. it's the same reaction.
you see?
the lack of general education (or better: the lack of interest in general education) is a serious problem.

i think there are much more important things to discuss.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

i understand your point, and agree that our educational system dumbs kids down. I am a fan of Charlotte iserbyte, and agree that it was done on purpose. An enlightened populace is one that revolts.

But "what is important" is wholly subjective. I think history is unimportant. Its interesting to me, so i study it. With how complex society is, and with human need for respite, there will be all manner of fluff careers for people to get into in order to help humanity maintain its respite.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

LOL well then, your out of luck with me.
I don't waste food.
And I can out eat most 200+ lb. men.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

i understand your point, and agree that our educational system dumbs kids down. I am a fan of Charlotte iserbyte, and agree that it was done on purpose. An enlightened populace is one that revolts.

But "what is important" is wholly subjective. I think history is unimportant. Its interesting to me, so i study it. With how complex society is, and with human need for respite, there will be all manner of fluff careers for people to get into in order to help humanity maintain its respite.

Not necessarily, though I mostly agree.

In modern society, profit is objectively important. The people that don't have it, want it. & until we as a species can move past this greed & desire for disparity, we will remain stagnant. Especially in our objectivity of women, as the desire for survival/comfort/profit only encourages women to propogate the type of judgments & stereotypes represented by this thread.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'd do her.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I don't think humanity will "move past" a behavior that is derived from who/what we are. No more than fish could move past being a fish. I mean....over eons and such maybe. But you get my point.

Scarcity....it really isn't a perception. There is some scarcity in the world, which drives greed. Along with ego (the belief that "more" means "better"). If there is "other", there is competition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join