It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Jordanian King Personally Flying Sorties Against ISIS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

REPORTS: JORDANIAN KING PERSONALLY FLYING SORTIES AGAINST ISIS

Now THAT is a leader. The reports are that he personally suited up and led the mission. Now, while I am sure he had plenty of protection around him and was likely never in harms way, I have a LOT of respect for a leader of a nation that does something like this.

So sick of all the talking heads bickering back and forth with the media acting like they are doing something.

Well this guy DID something and good on him. Blast them all to hell!

We need more leaders like this in the world. Talk about eradicating ISIS....this is what is needed as a response.

Jordan’s King Abdullah is reportedly personally involved in executing air strikes against Islamic State positions in the aftermath of the terrorist group’s brutal execution of Jordanian pilot 1st Lt. Moaz Kasasbeh.

Source
edit on 2/5/2015 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--All Caps title

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

At least some world leaders care when their own people are killed. I don't know much about this guy so I'm not ready to declare him a role model but taking care of your own people should be a top priority.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
He is willing to do exactly what he's telling his troops to do.
Dude was (is?) Jordanian Special Forces.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I don't know much about this guy so I'm not ready to declare him a role model but taking care of your own people should be a top priority.

Agreed....it's definitely commendable.

What's up with the all caps headline?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: jjkenobi

I don't know much about this guy so I'm not ready to declare him a role model but taking care of your own people should be a top priority.

Agreed....it's definitely commendable.

What's up with the all caps headline?

That's how it was in the article....just copy/pasted.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have always preferred presidents with military experience, even if they have not been in combat. That can't help but build character.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Traditional Islam: The Path to Peace

King Abdullah spoke about reclaiming moderate Islam through the Amman Message. Launched in November of 2004 by Jordan, the message articulates Islam’s essential social values: Compassion; respect for others; tolerance and acceptance; and freedom of religion

lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Anyone else having flashbacks to the Will Smith film "Independence Day" wherein the U.S. President personally leads a sortie against the hostile alien forces?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
He is willing to do exactly what he's telling his troops to do.
Dude was (is?) Jordanian Special Forces.

Yeah, from what I have read about him, he is pretty hard core. I think this will send a definite message to other leaders when a King of a nation is willing to go to battle personally. That makes all others look like chump change when they bring sanctions and talk about it....tired of talk....time for action!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Im going to take this one with a pinch of truth. Sort of like Bush flying onto that Carrier and looking as though he just crapped his pants when they landed on the deck. LOL But Jordan really like there weapons, and even put on a weapons manufacturing get together, every year. All the worlds top military manufactures are invited to come to Jordan and put on displays of what the latest and greatest in gadgets and tech for military. The King personally comes to see the militaries new tech. I wish Jordan all the luck in crushing these ISIS.

link   

Now that's a king!

I love to see our wussy western leaders do that!
edit on 5-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   
I just had a scary thing run through my mind.... picturing Obama doing a strafing run against forces on the ground. For some reason, the troops he was strafing had the American flag with them.
Oh well, I know it was fantasy... he would use a drone if he was doing it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Very nice....

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

King Abdullah spoke about reclaiming moderate Islam through the Amman Message. Launched in November of 2004 by Jordan, the message articulates Islam’s essential social values: Compassion; respect for others; tolerance and acceptance; and freedom of religion

lol.
I have no issue with moderate Islam. Like Moderate Christianity, it disregards the violent, oppressive, bigoted verses of their holy text and focuses on the positive aspects of the religion like love for everyone, acceptance, respect, etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

lol.
I have no issue with moderate Islam. Like Moderate Christianity, it disregards the violent, oppressive, bigoted verses of their holy text and focuses on the positive aspects of the religion like love for everyone, acceptance, respect, etc.

And this is likely what the world wanted to see....a Muslim that is fighting the extremists. This will definitely put a kink in the "all Muslims are the radical" speak.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I just had a scary thing run through my mind.... picturing Obama doing a strafing run against forces on the ground. For some reason, the troops he was strafing had the American flag with them.
Oh well, I know it was fantasy... he would use a drone if he was doing it.

Ha! I think our days of having an actual combat veteran as a POTUS are long over. It is about money and power now, not about leading a nation.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Didn't prince Harry do something like this a few years ago?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Now that's a king!

I love to see our wussy western leader do that!

I think so too...and western leaders would never do this....not when they can golf and vacation their time away until their terms end.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Wish our leader was half the man he is.

Instead we have President Barak "Mom-Jeans" 0bama, the greatest Golfer in Chief.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: crazyewok

Didn't prince Harry do something like this a few years ago?

Yeah good point. In fact William and harry have seen front line service .But they are not really our nations leaders.

Our Royal family really is just a expensive group of historical reenactors

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join