It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doppelgangers: A harbinger of doom?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Don't invite it in. I did it and am ever since trying to find out what the "outer" thing is. Of course i can't keep you from anything and it is your decission, if you want to know what it means, there may be no other way than stepping through. But i don't know. Do you?

To clarify, i'd never attempt trying to tell you what to do, but you are a strong sound and sane pole and i would love you to stay ankered in this reality/dimension, or whatever so i keep up a certain feeling of orientation. Just please stay en garde we don't know what it is and where it will come from. Could be an attak, could be benevolent=> we don't know
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopThursdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopThursdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: bee

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

rukia no haunting

hahaha

a reply to: Bluesma

holy--that's interesting. And creepy. Especially because it makes a lot of sense. I never thought of it like that

edit on 5-2-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

No worries, your time will come and you can go even hunting. Best fishes have a mice day, my pretty-kitty.

role the dice and let the bird fly. Valar Morghulis.

See you on the flow, dancing in the pool of thoughtsmash.
May your path through life be interesting in the beginning and peaceful at the end.
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopThursdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: add

edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopThursdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: bee

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hmmmm...I wonder how a social website to find your doppeldanger would turn out. You could set it up to list some of your facial features and have a face recognition software built into it.

(post by snruBJ removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by snruBJ removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: snruBJ

Your artistic effort is to be commended. But who are you supposed to be? My doppelganger?

Someone went thru a lot of trouble for a prank. A funny one at that.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Awesome stuff... Did you do it? How? Are you a binary-magician?

Or:

edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopFridayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
WTF happened here?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

Do doppelgangers exist? And if they do, does seeing one foretell catastrophe and doom?

I think due to the immense amount of people on Earth, there are bound to be some very similar looking folks.

The chance of meeting them, by chance, is extremely low.

Although, I doubt it means anything. If anything, it could be good luck.

Also.. "doppelganger" is a really fun word to say.

It's funny this came up because just a few days ago I read somewhere, I just can't remember where it was, but that there are supposed to be 9 identical persons to each of us on average, somewhere in the world, and that we have a 10% chance of meeting one of them through our lifetime. I have yet to run into any of my doppelgangers.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Very interesting concept!

I would love to meet mine.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Years ago, my brother was in a club in Georgetown. He thought he saw me so he walked up to the young woman and said "Sissy, surprised to see you here". It wasn't until she talked that he realized it really wasn't me. He told me he was so freaked out.
He said that everything was the same EXCEPT the voice

He would have been about 27 or 28 and I was about 17 or 18. We are 10 years apart and it wouldn't have been unusual for me to have been in Georgetown...but, I wasn't.

It was spooky when he told me. I always looked for her for the next few years whenever I was out and always hoped to see her myself!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

But how would that work? Just things like skin colour greatly decrease the option pool. Weird idea, though. Would be fascinated to meet one like me and see what kind of hair she has and how it looks

My father has a doppelganger in Greece apparently, a guy he knows went to a Greek island and saw a man who supposedly was identical/close to identical tony father, just younger. He went back later with pics and it was quite striking. Another time my mom saw a man in Barcelona who, according to her, totally looked like him. He looks (very) mediterranean so that explains the locations a bit
Yet it's odd, he has a very distinct face. He hasn't died yet nor has he met absolute doom besides his own. But he's doing pretty much okay these days.

my vague story:

I was once in an alternative* clothing shop browsing when the girl behind the counter said something about a supposed earlier visit of mine. I had no clue because even though I sometimes went to that shop, the last time was quite a while ago and not the day before my visit. I said that was impossible and suggested she made a mistake but she seemed weirded out a bit by the apparent similarity between me and that other girl. She looked a bit strange at me

*I mention it because it's not a very busy shop and because it has its own distinct style, it's a specific location that I rarely/sometimes visited at the time which makes the coincidence a bit more odd. Also, I hadn't come there in a while. I didn't think much of it nor do I now, I just assume someone looks a lot like me. And then again, some people have very poor recognition.

Another time someone thought he saw me at the train station but I don't recall whether we were identical or not. (and that he chose not to approach me) If I recall correctly he figured it couldn't have been me and he's correct because I couldn't have been there. Such stories do make me curious about these girls, just to see what people call ''identical/very similar'' to me and I've never really seen myself the way another person does. As for the doom part, life hasn't been a glorious glitter orgy but calling it doom is a stretch and really First World-y, I think. Perhaps the tragedy's just unfolding but even if I'm a doomed mess in 5 years and might believe in doppelganger doom theories I don't know if I would relate these incidents to what happened. It's that these topics bring them up and I haven't seen them myself but some other posters haven't either as I read... but where's the causation?

Let's say I get a type of cancer in 2018. Then what? Would I go ''pooh it was of course that weird thing many years ago'' or would I, believing in 'magical' 'explanations' in the first place, relate it to more recent events? (and I don't really believe in these things anyway) I also broke plenty of mirrors

edit on 6-2-2015 by Pitou because: ETA

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Did if ever occur to you, it is in fact highly unlikely to have two unrelated people looking identical, unless they are constructed from the same dna? Maybe someone told you that to prepare you, or give you a hint, while he/she was actually saying "you are one of the many" Just a thought...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

mine works at six flags st louis. He's heavier than me and not older than 17. I wasn't the one that seen him, a group of friends went and took a picture of him. Even my parents thought it was me, they asked if I had gotten a second job there.

Earlier tonight, an old friend texted me asking if I was in southern missouri, if not she had found my doppleganager

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I like pursuing this topic from the point of view of transpersonal psychology or shamanism. In other words, soul fragmentation, the shadow and the need for a complete reintegration of the psyche. Although, in pondering all of this it appears to be much more complicated than just that.

But to start off, it is helpful for me to understand better 'the shadow':

I found a small portion of this article quite interesting:

Psychoanalyst Jung was famous for his observation that every person carries what he termed a “shadow”, or an unconscious side to the self in which the darker, more insecure, less noble motivations and drives are found. In one scene from Peter Pan, Walt Disney captured the disconnection between what our conscious self goes about doing, and how our shadow side is carrying on at an entirely different level, often out of our consciousness.

In the scene, Peter’s shadow has gone wild and refuses to submit to his wishes. Of course, Peter is a very Jungian character. Not only does he depict the tension between the shadow and conscious self, but he also illustrates, as a fairly androgynous character, the tension between the male (animus) and female (anima) aspects of the self. In him, we also find the paradoxical marriage of archetypes; he’s a fearless ‘hero’ on the one hand, and a needy ‘child’ on the other who needs a mother figure (Wendy). All in all, Peter is a strange sort of hero, not entirely good (think of his deceit, violence, selfishness), but not altogether bad (think of his capacity for selflessness and courage, his loyalty and kindness).

I think "bits and pieces" of the essence of one's soul can be scattered throughout one's lifetime. Soul loss and/or fragmentation. This probably can account for ghosts and residual hauntings, as an energetic memory recorded into the environment. Also, since past, present and future might happen all at once, there can be overlays of oneself and their shadow fragments. This accounts for specific types of dreams or nightmares. Unresolved issues or "unfinished business" is a classic example of ghosthood. Like if something negative happened in one's teenhood, in their foundation years, and they "fell through the cracks" of society and dropped out of high school, they could for many years have dreams of walking the hallways of school in a timeless manner where all of the overlaid ensuing years/decades are layered into the dream as well.

From a shamanic perspective, these traumas and memories are imprinted, perhaps actually written into the personal DNA or morphic field, and can actually be retrieved or re-written. In other words, in an altered state of consciousness, one can revisit the troubled past in question and tweak it into a more positive outcome and thus change the present and re-establish a viable future for the individual. If this cannot be achieved, the issues could loop for quite some time, until either one has surrendered and let go or found a way to complete their unfinished business.

The inner journey is quite important, but it requires courage and an ability to access visionary realms that might otherwise be sealed off to some people.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

As always a very interesting, insightfull approach. Thanks, I have new stuff to think about now.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
there is one thing about those body-doubles...
they always seem to be solitary...never in a social interaction situation

I have friends tell me on perhaps 10 different occasions in my life of them seeing me in a location, or even waving at 'me', or driving a car/truck or something else I was never driving...

I do things like grow beards for a couple months or buzz cut my waist length hair, so I will not be the usual guy that is burnt into their memory... because the closest I ever got to the doppelganger was like 1/2 hour and a mile or so away as reported by the questioning friend...

No I never drove a silver Mercedes, or favored a suit & tie dress code... but I have been misidentified in those conditions

my doppelganger seems to be doing much better than I am , in the financial world it seems

I often wondered the same shared thoughts as some of the thread replies, a parallel universe being who is seen briefly in this reality

I know I don't try to meditate a Astral Projection, 'cause I am usually at work when those body-doubles are cruising around

so the appearance must be an anomaly in the time-space fabric... or else a mild hallucination by the observer whose mind overlooks any dissimilar traits but focuses on the shared attributes and in the observers' mind heightens the sameness-likeness between the 'doppelganger-look alike" and the real 'me'

~add~

just thinking.... I was pondering the thread & some of the recent posts I went back & read....the post 2 above mine spoke a little about past traumas being such & such...
I recalled my palm lines & how my life-line is long but is in two slightly overlapping/divergent deep lines,
I always thought that represented my being born in a DP camp in post war Germany and being adopted to Americans in Michigan...2 separate lives/names/nurturing & natures environments...

but perhaps all of those with a double life-line on their palm might have active 'doppelgangers'... just knowing so would alter your directions/decisions on some level of One's psyche
edit on th28142332386107442015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hello ATS. I've lurked around this site for some time now, never post. But I was curious about this. I'm unsure of the circumstances because this was quite some time ago, I was very young. I recall my motherr rushing into my room on the phone with my aunt and asking if I was alright. Apparently my aunt who was still living at my grandmother's house at this time saw me sitting in front of the bed on the floor in her guest room. Blank faced, expressionless. I remember that making me feel uncomfortable. It immediately gave my aunt a bad feeling which is why she called. Can other people see your doppelganger? And is this a good example of that? Thanks!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join