It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No dogs (or cats) allowed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Anyone out there got a pet that isn't a dog or a cat?

Any interesting reptiles? Mammals? Fish?

I wouldn't call them pets but I have a selection of different tetra fish, a selection of cat fish, some loaches and frogs...

Anyone got a skunk or out?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
There are quite a few members here that have non traditional pets so I'm sure they'll be along soon.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I have 7 rats (4 male, 3 female)
And two budgies (females)

List of future pets i want: Bearded dragon, a conure or a red lory, I like lizards.
The GF won't appreciate a snake but i still like them.

Also i find it cool that you have a frog, i almost got one once. I didn't have the money. It came with everything he needed though.
edit on 3/2/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I've got an Amazon orange wing parrot on my shoulder as I type.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I had a bearded dragon for years, very cool pet.

Far more interesting than a fish and not as needy as cats or dogs - just dont keep your crickets [its food] outside in a shed for the noise, they die to the cold!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have a goat and a pony on my place. I don't own them I'm just baby sitting....for the last 5 years.

The goat is fun, nice, loving, the pony on the other hand is mean, spiteful, ungrateful, and tries to bite me frequently even though I'm the guy that buys the food and feeds her. She is not a pet, she is a Bitch...
edit on 3-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I have owned quite a few snakes.
A burmese python,corn snakes,a ball python and attempted to rescue a water snake a few years back.
My latest was a really nice character named Dave,he was a corn snake but he escaped when I was feeding him.

Never been bit by any of my snakes,only the ones I have played with in the wild.

Actually,I shouldn't say I owned them so much as they were just room mates that I fed.

edit on 3-2-2015 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

I've got an Amazon orange wing parrot on my shoulder as I type.

I'm mad jealous of this. My two budgies are still terrified of me. Don't like millet really.
They're girls so they're harder to train. I might need to sit there with my hand in the cage for two hours.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What a cool thread! I have a female rat that I saved from being snake food. I have a turtle and fish in different tanks with a dwarf African aquatic frog and a few ghost shrimps. I have had many different kinds of pets through the years and loved them all.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

If it is any consolation,I only bought my snakes frozen food.
They never got live food,I would thaw them in warm water before I gave it to them.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: Night Star

If it is any consolation,I only bought my snakes frozen food.
They never got live food,I would thaw them in warm water before I gave it to them.

my ex roomie had a snake, she did this. She microwaved one once. It smelled pretty bad.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Mammals?

Yes I have a dog,

Oops sorry,

I am outta here.

I or my sister I should when we were younger back in the early 90s used to have a Rat though, Jessica used to always pinch biscuits and take them up to the couch or a chair get on her hind legs and jump up and take a seat and eat her prize, it was quite amusing seeing her hold a biscuit either her size or just a little smaller and jump up on the couch.

Used to also have budgies, once had a green tree frog.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I keep a Malawi Cichlid tank (55 gallons) and a smaller (35 gallon) community aquarium:

Malawi tank

Community tank

And my son recently decided we also needed birds, so we now have two budgies, Mella and Noel. They just mostly make lots of noise, spit seed hulls everywhere and divebomb me when they are out of millet. Lol.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Total beauties! I knew you'd be out there

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

I'll get some pics tonight!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I want to see a pic of it!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I had a possum. Not very cuddly. It would chill in a chair beside me waiting for me to give it food scraps and beer.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I had a pet Dingo-it was abandoned by it's mother so my folks raised it till it was old enough to fend for itself.

Since then I've had other unique critters show up at my doorstep; Echidnas, Monitors, pythons-they aren't exactly pets, more like travelers trying to find to their way back home.

Every now and again I'll get a spider the size of the dinner plate make camp at my place-but they are harmless and they pull their weight by eating the more troublesome tenants so I don't mind if they stick around.

edit on 3-2-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
My boyfriend has a bearded dragon and a leopard gecko. I don't personally understand their relationship, but he adores them. The gecko is so sweet, but the dragon is a biiiit of a D-bag. To compensate I keep chickens, which he hates and I love.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here is my African Gray Parrot, 'Buddy':

and my Blond Naso Tang that I gave away when I moved last year...

Actually that's the Blonde Naso Tang off the internet that made me go get one! Looked exactly the same!

Here is his buddy 'Fin', a regular Naso Tang and the rest of his buddies in the Aquarium I maintained for too long!

edit on 3-2-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join