It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No dogs (or cats) allowed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have six Great Basin Spadefoot Toads.

My temporary office is in the basement of my house, my desk sits just in front of a *window*. One night after dark last summer I was sitting at my desk and kept hearing this thumping noise on the window. I went outside to investigate and there was a little toad catching the bugs that were attracted to the light through the *window*.

Over the next few days my 4 year old son became really interested in the window well, and we ended up finding over a dozen toads living down there. About 1/2 were set free and the other 1/2 kept as pets as I had all the lights, heat rocks, and a terrarium that wasn't in use.

Here's a picture from when we first started pulling toads out of the window well:

And here's another picture of two toads in love. (yes, this is toads in love - not hungry toads)

For some reason the word "WINDOW" without quotes is replaced by an underscore after posting..

edit on 3-2-2015 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
We have a cockatiel my husband has had since hand-rearing from freshly hatched. The bird has a sense of humor, he likes to mimic the cat & get the cat going, he laughs at you when you trip or otherwise hurt yourself, and he has a penchant for mimicing the phone and having your run your ass off to answer it.

He's one of those oddball personalities that's going to be hard to find again when he goes toes-up someday, we love his feathered butt

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I just now noticed there is a Pet's Forum

Congrat's and good work Jude! A big Thank you!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Right now we have a rescued ruby red spilo piranha, would take a pic but he's a shy little dude.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have a beta fish named Nathaniel Victor. He is a crazy bastard who on numerous occasions tried to leap out of his tank and slit my throat. He stalks me in the night and would gladly gut me in my sleep if he could. If you ever meet him you will show him respect and call him Nathaniel Victor. If you meet him twice and survive you will call him Mr Nathaniel Victor.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Three chickens!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
We have an animal that acts like a raccoon and waddles like a skunk. It is supposedly a cat but I have my doubts.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I have a pet Raccoon and an African Grey parrot that is pushing 40 years old.

Jazz Paws!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263
I will have to do the same with regards to the budgies. They're kinda difficult to photograph...so much ornery in such a small package!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Just thought this was somewhat relevant to the thread

edit on 3-2-2015 by Ashirah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Awesome pics people!!!!!

Beautiful fish, a possum, toads etc. This is great!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have a couple of Bearded Dragons.

edit on 3-2-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Anyone out there got a pet that isn't a dog or a cat?

Any interesting reptiles? Mammals? Fish?

I wouldn't call them pets but I have a selection of different tetra fish, a selection of cat fish, some loaches and frogs...

Anyone got a skunk or out?

When we were living in NY, before the divorce, we had 2 cockatiels and a snapping turtle. My daughter had a blue Cockatiel, and mine was pure white.

Misty Cloud (Very friendly and shoulder trained)

Mr. Coco (a biter so he would refuse to leave his cage, and he and Misty would NOT share a cage, as he was very territorial. However he was very protective of her, if you left the room with her and she was out of his sightline, he would begin to freak out and go insane!)

Mr. Snapper our snapping turtle that ate local minnows, small fish caught with a net, and small frogs caught at the local pond, until he was old enough to be released into the wild.

When I moved, I couldn't take the birds with me, so my ex's aunt took them where they still are today being very well cared for.

*edit, I grew up in a house we called the zoo. We had 2 hamsters that were supposed to be boys, that gave birth to over 104 hamsters and ate well over half before we got rid of the whole lot of them! We had 2 parakeets, one died because one of our 7 cats bit it under the wing scaring it, giving it a heart attack. When my stepmother bought another parakeet and put it in the old 'keet cage, the old 'keet pecked it to death. I've had one guinea pig in college name Johnny, and one growing up name Hersey because he looked chocolatey. I got on while I was married, then broke out in severe hives, so I gave him away free in the paper. My ex was ticked, but the doc said it was either that or throat close up next. I also grew up with a 4 1/2 foot ball python. I didn't mind the snake so much, I minded the rats who escaped being dinner and wound up on my pillow at night while I tried to sleep. LOL I have a "thing" about rats. It isn't pretty. LOL That's just some of the animals I grew up with. And of course the various fish I've killed over the years. I call myself Dr. Kervorkian of the fish world. Can't keep them alive for nothing man. I've tried every trick in the book. We've come to an understanding. They hold up giants signs in the pet store saying, "KEEP HER AWAY!" LOL And I agree to their demands.

edit on 2/3/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/3/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

My niece's son has a baby bearded dragon. I used to have crested geckos that were cool.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Aww.. great thread!
I've had many different types of animals share my home over the years (snakes, turtles,ferret,hybrid pig,birds,fish,many orphans, chicken etc) but at the moment my only 'non traditional' roomie is my hermit crab Horatio. I've had him nearly 14 years now. He adores home popped popcorn and can be seen grabbing it and running off-- looks just like a running back haha! What kinds of treats does everybody else's friends like?

edit on 4-2-2015 by Starcrossd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Just watch out for some reptiles, they can be dangerous.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

My niece's son has a baby bearded dragon. I used to have crested geckos that were cool.

They are really cool when they are babies but they grow super fast. The one on the left in my picture was was about the size of my pinky when we got hi

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Hahahahaha! I can picture your hermit crab running off with his treats. Cute! My rat likes dried and fresh fruit for treats and whatever mixes they sell for treats specifically for rats. The fish and frog love bloodworms. I have to buy them dried or they gross me out. LOL Turtle likes his shrimp for treats.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Cool! I love all kinds of lizards.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join