It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas school suspends 9-year-old for making ‘terroristic threats’ with magic ‘Hobbit’ ring

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Now listen. I am all for safeguarding children from the predations of other children. In my view, school should be a place where threats from students to students should be taken seriously and dealt with harshly. However, this just does not fit the bill.

In order to cause his friend to disappear using the One Ring, the accused party would have to actually place it on his buddies finger, which would constitute gifting, not some sort of terrible curse or terroristic behaviour at all. Furthermore, threatening magical retribution for some perceived slight is NOT terrorist in its aspect in the least. What description of terrorism allows for no political end to be achieved by its application?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
From my other thread just started:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Ok so here we have cops going around arresting kindergarden kids each video has different cases, the fist one lists multiple incidents with kids being arrested for all kinds of stupid stuff like, having a tantrum, spraying herself with perfume, burping in class, being strip searched for having 200 bucks, aressted for doodling I love my friend such and such, tasering a kid in the nuts multiple times, arrested for sexual assult for playing tag, a kid arrested for throwing a paper airplane, bringing lunch to school with a paring knife to cut your apples, raising thier hand when thier not supposed to, another kid arresed for a plastic butter knife, peper spraying a special ed kid in the face for climbing on funiture, and the list goes on and on. These arrests of kids are in my opinion are insane and not what we pay the police to do at all. Some kids may have been suspended rather than arrested, but I believe most have been unjustly arrested for no good reason.

edit on 2-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
originally posted by: Tangerine

She hit the teacher once. Keep repeating that.

She hit the teacher once because she freaked out being in a school of 5000 kids. She's autistic with brain damage. She's used to goin g to a school of about 150 kids. I did mention this before in my post. She's not used to a zoo of 5000 kids. She even tried running away from the school. (She's a flight/flee autistic when she is terrified or upset. Unfortunately she is very smart and knows how to take most GPS tracking watches off.) Something she was not used to at all. The teacher not only understood, but accepted her apology. The school dealt with it by expelling her. I also dealt with it at home. The school played a Roger Goodell. "You're suspended. Come into school in one week." We show up a week later. "We've decided she's no longer going to go to school here." Other than the psycho teacher at the new school that yelled at the special ed students like my daughter for not removing their backpacks fast enough, or for having speech impediments, even though they attended speech therapy, for the most part, it was a semi-ok school. How dare they have speech problems and how down syndrome! Who do they think they are! And yes, my sister, myself, and my daughter personally heard her yelling at students, including my daughter. Calling them "stupid, dumb, slow, idiots". Children who were autistic, down syndrome, severe cerebral palsy, etc... Children who were there mainly because of the small environment, NOT the behavioral problems. Yes, they had a padded cell for when there was a behavioral problem. But if you're going to be yelling and screaming at them all day long, guess what? Expect a behavioral problem as no kid likes to be screamed at all the time, any more than you would. The principal was very kind to my daughter. The major problem I had was the padded cell. I'm sure some in here would agree, they do not belong in schools.

edit on 2/2/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Quite clearly they are training the kids to fear and obey authority and accept as natural and normal that government and authority figures are superior to the rest of the citizenry. Just like the slaves of old simply accepted that 'they' are superior to themselves.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
That far-sighted and fearless school board just saved us all from an invasion by Sauron yet you criticize these selfless heroes?

Orcs, trolls and ringwraiths could be marauding through your very subdivision at this moment were it not for their quick thinking.

A bit less platitudes and more gratitude would be in order.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
originally posted by: stosh64

Reminds me of this article I read yesterday.

California-school mind control: grades for “Gratitude”

School is now all about conditioning for obedient little workers.

Across the state, report cards are undergoing a sea change in how students are measured for academic performance. Where teachers once graded students [only] on traditional math or English skills, they now judge attributes such as grit, gratitude or being sensitive to others… Districts are changing their report cards to reflect the new Common Core State Standards…”

Graded on 'grit, gratitude and sensitivity'....REALLY??

In case I need to point this out: a child of eight isn’t naturally gushing gratitude and sensitivity toward others. In schools, these are taught values, and they are now attached to report-card grades. The child is being conditioned to behave in prescribed ways, in order to earn a “gold star.”

It’s all synthetic, artificial. It’s operant conditioning. The baffled clueless child learns to take cues. He learns to speak certain “grateful sensitive” words. He becomes a waddling little duck who’s taught how to quack. They all quack in concert.

jonrappoport.wordpress.com... california-school-mind-control-grades-for-gratitude/

Heaven forbid kids actually have a personality or an original thought.

Just another brick in the wall.....

Correct me if I'm wrong, and feel free to jump in if I am, but isn't that my job as Mom? I thought I was doing a darn good job teaching "Please, Thank You, and all those lovely bits and bobs." Well gee, now I'm thoroughly insulted. Thanks schools!

IMHO you are dead on, but don't say it very loud, I think they might lock kids up for parental conditioning next.

Cant have anyone mess with the indoctrination/mind control process.
sarc/off

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No idea what the full story is, but in a world where websites get paid for sensationalist headlines and number of hits...ever think that this ight not be the whole story?

edit on 2-2-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Thanks for posting the story. Things are worse than
worse, I don't even know how to describe them
anymore, we need a new word.

As far as report cards reflecting morals,
they were doing that back when I was a child,
it was on the left side of the report card
and included things like citizenship, etc...

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

Thanks for posting the story. Things are worse than
worse, I don't even know how to describe them
anymore, we need a new word.

As far as report cards reflecting morals,
they were doing that back when I was a child,
it was on the left side of the report card
and included things like citizenship, etc...

Rebel 5

My daughter's report card used to have those "grades".

My favorite one? Kindness. Oy! Where was my Kindness grade in school 35 years ago? LOL

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

A very good friends son was suspended for making a "lightsaber" out of play-doh during indoor recess. No threats, no "attacks". No nothing beside an 8 year old making something he saw from a PG movie which was purely imaginary.

My friend immediately yanked his son out of public school, and began home-schooling.

Case closed.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yee.. I shudder to think what would've happened had they found my niece with her Harry Potter wand (twig) and Polyjuice potion (koolaid) tucked inside her Invisibility cloak!(tie-dyed sheet)
She probably would have a record now for concealing a weapon and intent to poison or something-- WTH is wrong with this world!? we are in Texas too, thanks a lot Texas for making us the laughing stock...again

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
That far-sighted and fearless school board just saved us all from an invasion by Sauron yet you criticize these selfless heroes?

Orcs, trolls and ringwraiths could be marauding through your very subdivision at this moment were it not for their quick thinking.

A bit less platitudes and more gratitude would be in order.

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Dude! We are talking magic hobbit rings, you do not mess with that kind of power... I think the suspension was well earned

LOL!!
I love you guys

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Childhood is dead. The imaginary times many of us had as a youth are now unlawful or against some rule made up by a group of overly conservative, ignorant, fear filled people.

This is not the result of conservatives. This is a result of Liberals who are dolling out powers and authorities to those who ought not have it (IE in schools). Have you heard of the crap that is going on in schools in America with teachers and administrators and principals all of a sudden getting a god complex?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I was caught making kung fu stars in junior high metal shop and was suspended. I deserved it. I would have liked to blame David Caradine but the blame was all mine. My dad made sure to reenforce the lesson with a belt. I don't see the bearer of the one ring being a bad kid. Texas, you shouldn't put up with the bull#. You're better than that.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Don't get me started on the 70%+ enrollment in the free lunch program......don't even have to show anyone your income level for fear of being ridiculed or looked down upon.....70% on the free lunch program....there is a system getting abused by all.

....and we are worried about little Timmy playing "Lord of the Rings" in school......seems like the right thing to worry about.....idiots.

My parents had 5 kids in public schools. They filed for free and reduced lunch. You DO have to show income to prove need. Every year, I have to file income reports even though she lives in a group home. so YES, you show need. The group home provides the school her SSI paperwork proving she is not working, nor does she make a lot of money. (She has permission from the county to attend high school until she is 25 because she is special needs. Right now a majority of her classes are life skills such as money and cooking, and job skills she may learn. She will be 20 this yr.) When my parents filed, the county messed up their paperwork. Only I was attending one school, and they had 4 kids in another school, ridiculously I got a free lunch, my brothers and sisters had to pay full lunch for 2 years before the county fixed it to a reduced lunch (25 cents for everybody back then), for everyone one of us. As the oldest, even I thought it was messed up.

where i live you dont have to show income

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

Don't get me started on the 70%+ enrollment in the free lunch program......don't even have to show anyone your income level for fear of being ridiculed or looked down upon.....70% on the free lunch program....there is a system getting abused by all.

....and we are worried about little Timmy playing "Lord of the Rings" in school......seems like the right thing to worry about.....idiots.

My parents had 5 kids in public schools. They filed for free and reduced lunch. You DO have to show income to prove need. Every year, I have to file income reports even though she lives in a group home. so YES, you show need. The group home provides the school her SSI paperwork proving she is not working, nor does she make a lot of money. (She has permission from the county to attend high school until she is 25 because she is special needs. Right now a majority of her classes are life skills such as money and cooking, and job skills she may learn. She will be 20 this yr.) When my parents filed, the county messed up their paperwork. Only I was attending one school, and they had 4 kids in another school, ridiculously I got a free lunch, my brothers and sisters had to pay full lunch for 2 years before the county fixed it to a reduced lunch (25 cents for everybody back then), for everyone one of us. As the oldest, even I thought it was messed up.

where i live you dont have to show income

It must different for different areas then..

Messed up.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Common sense is gone, and kids can't even be kids anymore, sad.
Dysfunctional systems produce dysfunctional people.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Common sense is gone, and kids can't even be kids anymore, sad.
Dysfunctional systems produce dysfunctional people.

Common sense sure is gone...

When a website that relies on number of hits and links for advertising dollars posts a sensationalist, button pushing, targeted headline like this and no one questions it...

Kermit Elementary Principal Roxanne Greer told the Odessa American that she could not comment on the suspension, because “all student stuff is confidential,”

www.rawstory.com...

I strongly suspect there is much more to the story...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It's a town in Texas, named after a Muppet...you were expecting what?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

It's a town in Texas, named after a Muppet...you were expecting what?

As a native Texan, born and raised with plenty of experience with dumbass yahoos in Texas; my family included....

I usually expect thoughtless, religiously inspired, ultra conservative and bat**** crazy responses to mundane and banal stimuli. Exactly what this thread is about.

There must be something in the water....I have seen families from Vermont, move to Lubbock, buy cowboy hats and boots and turn into rednecks in a period of 4 days.

Even though I still own the family property in Texas and consider myself a native son.... I'm blessed to live in a more cosmopolitan environment in "The land of Enchantment"
edit on 3-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join