It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas school suspends 9-year-old for making ‘terroristic threats’ with magic ‘Hobbit’ ring

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

www.rawstory.com...

A fourth grader in Kermit, Texas was suspended for making “terroristic threats” after allegedly telling a classmate that he had a “magic ring” that could make the boy disappear, the Odessa American reports.

According to Kermit Elementary School officials, 9-year-old Aiden Steward told a classmate that he possessed a magic ring forged in Mount Doom — a fictional location from J.R.R. Tolkien’s Hobbit and Lord of the Rings series.

It's like they don't even care how stupid the authorities make themselves look!

Kermit Elementary Principal Roxanne Greer told the Odessa American that she could not comment on the suspension, because “all student stuff is confidential,” but Steward said that she told him that any and all threats to a child’s safety — including magical ones — would be taken seriously by the school.

Time to run up the flag.....

+41 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You shall not pass...

...4th grade.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Im glad they are doing all they can to stamp out these radical islamojihadcyberfacists, they hate our freedom so much they have resorted to using sorcery. How long do we think it is untill they start using magic carpets eh???

USA!USA!!USA!!!

+30 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I want off the crazy train

WTF is wrong with this country??

This quote from the father is priceless.

“I assure you my son lacks the magical powers necessary to threaten his friend’s existence,” he added. “If he did, I’m sure he’d bring him right back.

edit on 2 1 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

There was a thread posted a few days ago showing how public schools used tasers, leg shackles and handcuffs. It seems are schools are becoming a prison.

edit on 1-2-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Childhood is dead. The imaginary times many of us had as a youth are now unlawful or against some rule made up by a group of overly conservative, ignorant, fear filled people.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

When stories like these pop up, I just don't know what to say anymore other than we live in ef'ing Bizarro World.

Cheers - Dave

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Its not enough to steal our freedoms......now they wish to steal our childhood too....sicko barstids they are.........

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Reminds me of this article I read yesterday.

California-school mind control: grades for “Gratitude”

School is now all about conditioning for obedient little workers.

Across the state, report cards are undergoing a sea change in how students are measured for academic performance. Where teachers once graded students [only] on traditional math or English skills, they now judge attributes such as grit, gratitude or being sensitive to others… Districts are changing their report cards to reflect the new Common Core State Standards…”

Graded on 'grit, gratitude and sensitivity'....REALLY??

In case I need to point this out: a child of eight isn’t naturally gushing gratitude and sensitivity toward others. In schools, these are taught values, and they are now attached to report-card grades. The child is being conditioned to behave in prescribed ways, in order to earn a “gold star.”

It’s all synthetic, artificial. It’s operant conditioning. The baffled clueless child learns to take cues. He learns to speak certain “grateful sensitive” words. He becomes a waddling little duck who’s taught how to quack. They all quack in concert.

jonrappoport.wordpress.com... california-school-mind-control-grades-for-gratitude/

Heaven forbid kids actually have a personality or an original thought.

Just another brick in the wall.....

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

but Steward said that she told him that any and all threats to a child’s safety — including magical ones — would be taken seriously by the school.

Bwahahaha....that's the dumbest thing I have heard this day. Is she serious with this load of malarkey? Are kids not allowed to use their imaginations anymore?

This is just plain sad....smh

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I want off the crazy train
WTF is wrong with this country??

I want off too, this is totally asinine. What is wrong with this country is that we've lost the ability to think critically. More and more its don't question authority, don't complain, and don't think for yourself.

The word terrorism is so abused, so corrupted, that it has lost all semblance of its true meaning. A maniac who straps a bomb to their waist and blows up a bus full of civilians is a terrorist...a kid pretending to have a magic ring is not.

People like this are in charge of the next generation's education? We are so #ed.

edit on 1-2-2015 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Ive noticed similar shifts in management psychology aswell, it basicaly doesnt matter how good you are at your job anymore, if you have a "bad attitude" or just not "one of the team" life gets made a lot more difficult for you.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Absorb, repeat, recite, obey, conform. That is the modern school system. I know a teacher on LI who keeps insisting the school system isn't broken, they're simply changing the themes because kids are "shiftless".

Education is indoctrination, school is prison.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wow, I guess when you become a civil servant/buerocrat that power just rushes to your head..hard to control it..like the dark side. Unfrickenbelievable..lol

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Schools are no longer run by educators they're run by bureaucrats and business people. They really don't care about the students all they care about is the budget, their salaries, perks and "looking good".

My rural school district is now a prison thanks to the new breed of "enlightened" liberal PC nannies. Cameras, locked doors, state troopers, metal detectors, head counts, suspensions over bringing an MP3 on the bus, kids who live down the street can't go home for lunch because "we value the safety of our students". For over 50 years kids had freedom up here, the new breed came in and restrained all the kids with red tape.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

My rural school district is now a prison thanks to the new breed of "enlightened" liberal PC nannies. Cameras, locked doors, state troopers, metal detectors, head counts, suspensions over bringing an MP3 on the bus, kids who live down the street can't go home for lunch because "we value the safety of our students". For over 50 years kids had freedom up here, the new breed came in and restrained all the kids with red tape.

Liberal PC nannies

Sounds more like Right wing fascist, control freaks to me!

I guess is't just a matter of perception.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

This bothers me:

Kermit Elementary Principal Roxanne Greer told the Odessa American that she could not comment on the suspension, because “all student stuff is confidential,”

This is a quote from the school principal?
In my area, the Principals at elementary schools typically hold a doctorate.
I would expect to hear that (student stuff) from a guy serving me a burger at a fast food place, not a school administrator.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Dude! We are talking magic hobbit rings, you do not mess with that kind of power... I think the suspension was well earned

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
I wonder how long before onion rings will be outlawed at school?..food for thought

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Sounds more like Right wing fascist, control freaks to me!

I guess is't just a matter of perception.

That would be a good post in who do people feel which group wants more control over the populace. With the right I do not hear terms like nanny state or generic_01 control... Outside of abortions, which tends to be a moral issue on both sides, I really can't think of too many controls...
edit on 1-2-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join