It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas school suspends 9-year-old for making ‘terroristic threats’ with magic ‘Hobbit’ ring

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"Zero tolerance" is often an excuse for zero reason and zero thought.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Something in the water, indeed, olaru!

Steward said the principal said threats to another child’s safety would not be tolerated – whether magical or not. Principal Roxanne Greer declined to comment on the matter.

from the Odessa American, local newspaper

Ya know, olaru, I'll bet the father did hear this comment from a school official. "W" attended Midland schools, and that kinda sounds like his doctrine. Threats, whether imagined, made up or what.

Better clean up that water. Oh, don't have to?....something about a loophole in the Clean Water Act? Well, ain't that a hoot! Must be all those gas fumes, like the Delphic Oracle. Yep.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
damn, another double post!! My husband's right. I need a new computer! Sorry 'bout this!
edit on 3-2-2015 by desert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
As a native Texan, born and raised with plenty of experience with dumbass yahoos in Texas; my family included....

I usually expect thoughtless, religiously inspired, ultra conservative and bat**** crazy responses to mundane and banal stimuli. Exactly what this thread is about.

May I add that my Muppet post ought not to be regarded as a shot at the Great Republic of Texas as a whole? It was just too good to resist. We live in highly litigateous times, and I am convinced that 99% of the dumb-assery is generated by insurance companies demanding due-diligence.

Like the following...Tobogganing banned at 14 Toronto parks

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: rebelv

Thanks for posting the story. Things are worse than
worse, I don't even know how to describe them
anymore, we need a new word.

As far as report cards reflecting morals,
they were doing that back when I was a child,
it was on the left side of the report card
and included things like citizenship, etc...

Rebel 5

My daughter's report card used to have those "grades".

My favorite one? Kindness. Oy! Where was my Kindness grade in school 35 years ago? LOL

Lol. Yea, well I don't remember 'kindness' on there, and
everything on the 'good citizenship' side of the report card
had to do with good social skills, listening in class, etc...

Rebel 5
edit on 3-2-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Rebel 5

I remember listening and social skills on hers as well. I will always miss Kindness..... *trails off* Oh where was I? Yes, Kindness. LOL I'm waiting for the next creative non-grade. "Not shooting up the class" Little Billy did very good this semester. Although there was on time where he almost slipped and came very close to shooting us. (I was very worried about him there but boy he really turned it around!)

edit on 2/3/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The only danger that kid could have done was get the ring stuck on someone's finger (It's made of pewter, assuming it's the same one that I had come with my Lord of the Rings Monopoly set; and yes, we did get it stuck on a finger, but no invisibility).

Something is definitely in the water; I mean..how...I'm at a loss for words. If the kid was like "I'm going to shove this ring down your throat", that is a means for suspension. But saying he can make a friend disappear with it? Terrorist my butt. By that logic, you might as well suspend a kid for imaginary light-sabers for possibly putting someone's eye out.

-fossilera

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What happens of someone chants a harry potter spell while waiving a pencil in the air?

They get peppers prayed and handcuffed?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

So if I were a child and told a child I was going to pray every night that they get in a car accident I would get expelled? Or, proclaim that I know voodoo and chant nonsense I would get expelled? Or, said I had a lightsaber and would swing it at their face? Or, that I put a monster in their closet that would eat them? Or, killed their parents and replaced them with robots that would kill him? Or, placed a spell on his hair to make his folicles eat away at his brain? Or, put a sodomistic leprechaun in his backpack that had a 2 foot circumfrence penis?

i guess any threat as unrealistic as it is, is reason to punish someone. At least my threat of pointing my deathstar tri-laser destructo beam of calamity hasn't been formally spoken yet to certain individuals in a white house yet. I hate thier waste of yard and pillars of ignorance surrounding their facade. Muahaha, and they believe the moon is a rock, just wait.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

When I was in 5th grade, during lunch, one of the overseers of the cafeteria would come around and ask if anyone wanted ketchup and would then squirt it on their plate for them. One day I had tater tots and really needed ketchup to alleviate the dryness, I raised my hand for it not knowing she was behind me. I accidentally hit her in the middle of the chest with the back of my had as I was raising it (as we were told to do). I lost my recess privleges for a week and had to eat my lunch and spend recess time in seclusion in a room next to the principals. WTF did this teach?

I was overactive and needed my damn recess time so they punish me with not letting me expel my energy in class and let it fume inside of me the injustice that was done. i followed their rules to the T and raised a open hand in the air, and the teacher was sort of leaning forward at the same time. Encroaching on my space and she got 1/4 smacked in the chest.

Lol, I did escape twice during my punishment, both times after 20 or so minutes a teacher came out to repremend me and take me back to the dungeon. I could go on and on how my brother and I were mistreated throughout our education by idiotic teachers and such. Even my father was not allowed to enter the school to get my brother to take him to an appointment because he didn't have a pass. This was months following Columbine. The principal did not win that case. My father was told he had to call a day in advance to schedule and "appontment" to get his own son out of school. lol. WTF. Same principal tried to diagnose my brother with ADHD for the reason that he tapped his pencil or jiggled his foot during class. Like he is the person to make that claim. This is the same principal that used to give shoulder rubs to kids sitting in the back row of class as he would walk room to room. the rooms didn't have doors so he just came and left, and probably came his pants each time.

Public school is a joke.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
From Penny Arcade today:

Static link to original Penny Arcade comic - LINK

I can only hope given the audience Penny Arcade reaches might find this so outlandish people start to protest or take some type of public action to condemn this type of behavior from school officials.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

Rebel 5

I remember listening and social skills on hers as well. I will always miss Kindness..... *trails off* Oh where was I? Yes, Kindness. LOL I'm waiting for the next creative non-grade. "Not shooting up the class" Little Billy did very good this semester. Although there was on time where he almost slipped and came very close to shooting us. (I was very worried about him there but boy he really turned it around!)

Right on, lol

Rebel 5

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join