It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on why terrorists do what they do

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Probably because 99 out of 100 terrorist attacks today are caused by Muslims?

Or are you fully blind in both eyes?

and where do you get those facts from?

Because according to the FBI most terrorism in the US isn't done by Muslims

www.fbi.gov...

And I seriously doubt they commit 99% world wide.
edit on 122015 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This entire region has been a cesspool for nearly 2000 years.

With better hygiene and technology not to mention their development of their sciences, mathematics and medicine. They have been ahead of us for a lot of the last 2000 years.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: monkofmimir

Palestine is not now nor has ever been a recognized country.

Recognized by who? because last time I checked its recognized by over a hundred other countries.

en.wikipedia.org...

in fact both geologically and population wise most of the world recognize it so you would literally struggle to be more wrong.

Besides which, it was irrelevant to my point as that geographical region has had a history of being referred to as Palestine dating back to at least 800 bc and it was that geographical region I was referring to.

OK let's work with your example.

The "rockies" is a recognized region by less than half of the countries on earth.

This means it is now a free and independent nation.....

Do you not see the difference between an actual nation and a land claim by those that say they own it but obviously don't?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

That is utter crap and I challenge you to prove that 99% of all terrorists are Muslim.

what total nonsense.

This is what really annoys me at times on ATS.

Morons can just make up crap like this and spout it like its a fact, you say this like you know what you are talking about. Quite clearly, you have no incite into modern day terrorism.

Please stop dragging down conversation with this kind of ignorance.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

i would say one of the main reasons of middle east terrorism (the countries you listed in your op) is America trying to export "freedom" on them.

If America wasnt involved in any of those countries you can be sure we wouldnt see so many terrorist attacks, yes?
Every one of those countries has the CIA dirty fingerprints all over them.

Who's the biggest terrorist?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You said it wasn't recognized, I corrected you. At no point have I claimed that Palestine is an actual nation or that if it was that it controlled its own land.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Palestine is not now nor has ever been a recognized country.

Recognized by who? because last time I checked its recognized by over a hundred other countries.

en.wikipedia.org...

in fact both geologically and population wise most of the world recognize it so you would literally struggle to be more wrong.

Besides which, it was irrelevant to my point as that geographical region has had a history of being referred to as Palestine dating back to at least 800 bc and it was that geographical region I was referring to.

OK let's work with your example.

The "rockies" is a recognized region by less than half of the countries on earth.

This means it is now a free and independent nation.....

Do you not see the difference between an actual nation and a land claim by those that say they own it but obviously don't?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

With better hygiene and technology not to mention their development of their sciences, mathematics and medicine. They have been ahead of us for a lot of the last 2000 years.

Yes they have better tech and hygiene than we do...

Because western nations have open air sewers that run down the middle of our streets...wait no that is the modern day middle east.

Oh I got it, that is where we go for state if the art medical care....wait nope, not one single place in the middle east, that's why soldiers serving in the middle east get flown straight to the west for medical care...

Once again cesspool...
Sure we got modern numbers from them and the concave lenses which led to telescopes, and a few other trinkets along the way, what have they done with any of that or sense?

I suppose they did put someone on the moon...oh wait..

No they designed and built GPS....nopers

Oh I got it, they created the assembly line...no

Well they invented vaccines...nope

Oh they created flight...no again

Oh I got it, they invented modern farming which feeds the entire planet...oh damn no again...

Wait what have they done in modern times but suck again?

Exactly, without the west they would be firmly in the 12th century.

We have been dragging them kicking and screaming into the modern age.

They need to pull their own weight before the world just leaves them behind.

Only Africa is doing worse....and south Africa is starting to do pretty well.

Soon they will be the only example left of man animals.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Well that was an ignorant, short-sighted and thoroughly unpleasant post.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That is utter crap and I challenge you to prove that 99% of all terrorists are Muslim.

what total nonsense.

This is what really annoys me at times on ATS.

Morons can just make up crap like this and spout it like its a fact, you say this like you know what you are talking about. Quite clearly, you have no incite into modern day terrorism.

Please stop dragging down conversation with this kind of ignorance.

OK then, show me where Muslims weren't responsible for 9 of the last 10 terrorist acts on earth.

I promise they were.

All other terrorist groups on earth don't even come close.

Even the IRA in it hayday was not even close.

Is real alone before they closed off Gaza, back when the IRA was active, had multiple per week.

It has only accelerated since then.

Muslims are responsible for the vast majority of all terrorist attacks in the world every single week, for years running.

But yes you are right of course muslims are peaceful.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Again you are straw manning my point.

Up until the mid-late medieval period they were ahead of use in all those areas and going to that time is the majority of the last 2000 years.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You said it wasn't recognized, I corrected you. At no point have I claimed that Palestine is an actual nation or that if it was that it controlled its own land.

You called it Palestine, capital p, and used it in a manner one would say Germany France America Japan etc....

So yes you did.

You were trying to act as if it was a sovereign region, it is not, and never has been, I trust after you read up on it you saw your obvious error and are now backtracking.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I thought FOX News proved using racism, I mean science they hate our freedoms? and thats what causes them to do whatever it is they do.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Trolling the ignorant for years now... My streak continues!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You obviously know nothing about the Islamic world and science prior to the Renaissance.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Again you are straw manning my point.

Up until the mid-late medieval period they were ahead of use in all those areas and going to that time is the majority of the last 2000 years.

No straw men..

I fully admit at one point they were the seat of wisdom and knowledge after the fall of Rome and western culture.

Their leaders actively imported texts and scholars to learn.

Then they embrased ignorance and went backwards.

In fact most of their achievements can be linked back to imported knowledge.

Little of it originated there.

They took ideas that weren't utilized and repurposed them in new ways.

Almost all of their achievements have roots in the east and west.

Their only real contribution is modern numbers.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I didn't know that ETA, Shining Path, the IRA splinter groups, the remaining Red Army Faction fragments,

When was the last time any of those groups set off a bomb?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
I thought FOX News proved using racism, I mean science they hate our freedoms? and thats what causes them to do whatever it is they do.

I don't about fox news, but I attribute it more to ignorance than anything else.

They are programmed from birth that their religion and religious leaders are infallible, so they believe what they are told.

They are taught not to question or think for themselves so they don't.

Much like many here......

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You obviously know nothing about the Islamic world and science prior to the Renaissance.

As evidenced by this post with no evidence....other than you disagree.....

Thanks for wasting server space for no reason?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I agree 100% a lot of these problems are the way the ottoman empire was divided up after ww1.

That is still no excuse.

Full of ignorant violent idiots.

And I agree that it's not an excuse.

But when you realise how deeply the US, the UK, Saudi Arabia, many others are involved in creating the cesspool we see today, then it should be no surprise that certain extreme individuals stand up and fight back. HOW they fight back is definitely up for scrutiny, but every society has their psychopaths so what we are seeing is to be expected. What do you think would happen in the US if it was turned into a cesspool by foreign invaders, and those who resisted were droned along with hundreds of thousands of innocent Americans? Just like in Syria and Iraq, "extreme" Americans would be lining up to watch executions in the streets, or join the resistance. And it would likely be more violent since Americans are heavily armed. This is war we are talking about. Most of us have no clue about what that experience is like. Every war in every culture is full of "violent idiots". Many of them are trained to be just that. Now, who was it again that trained the Jihadis in the eighties, like Al Qaida? And who gave them money, modern weapons, and other military gear? Oh yeah, and WHY?

soulwaxer

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join