It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine chief of staff ‘thwarts Western allegations’ by admitting no combat with Russian troops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Just as the title describes:

Ukraine chief of staff ‘thwarts Western allegations’ by admitting no combat with Russian troops

The Ukraine army’s chief of staff has admitted that Kiev troops are not engaged in combat with Russian units, thereby thwarting all Western allegations of Moscow's “military invasion,” said Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov.

“Yesterday afternoon the Chief of the General Staff – Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – Viktor Muzhenko officially acknowledged during a briefing for foreign military attachées that Russian troops are not involved in the fighting in the country's southeast,” Konashenkov said on Friday.

How much more needs to be said?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

. . . how bout' those sanctions?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

The Russia haters will debunk it. They will not let it stand.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

The Russia haters will debunk it. They will not let it stand.

LoL, so true!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Churn, churn, churn my little mice.

I'll keep postin' TRUTH, and you can keep churnin' fabs.

. . . Brick - by - Brick . . .

edit on 30-1-2015 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

They will claim and suggest you used RT as a source yet they have their reporters in Ukraine lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Thats the beauty of it - - THEY CAN'T!

It's from the horses's mouth. . . Like I said: I'll keep posting until it's irrefutable.

. . . with enough time, ALL will be revealed of who's the REAL aggressor is in ukraine.

* This are the ones who receive assistance from the EU, the US and Canada.

. Yup.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Just a quick bump ...waiting for the de-bunkers....as i am curious to how they refute the claim

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Glad to see that not everyone in this country tunes into the US propaganda machine.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
While I'm not against Russia in this fight, your willingness to ignore other statements makes your BS attempt at propaganda just as bad as the anti-russia crowds

Commenting on Muzhenko’s statement, Galushko said that reporters were only allowed at the open part of the meeting. He said that later, during the closed part, the chief of general staff said that Russian units are “in the second tier.”

Its obvious to even the dumbest of individual that the American advisor and Russian advisors who are assisting Ukraine and th rebels would rarely go near the front line, they would infact lead from the rear - train, equip and manage the troops.

I'm sure you knew this, you just wanted to pick a fight. Of course there are Russian Units in Eastern Ukraine - they arent wearing Russian Uniforms and they are not carrying Russian identities but you can be damn well sure they are there under orders from Moscow.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I'm sure you knew this, you just wanted to pick a fight. Of course there are Russian Units in Eastern Ukraine - they arent wearing Russian Uniforms and they are not carrying Russian identities but you can be damn well sure they are there under orders from Moscow.

You do know Ukrainians are Russians and are Eastern Slavic correct?

but you can be damn well sure they are there under orders from Moscow.

I dont believe so. Maybe u could what are all the FBI, CIA agents are doing in Kiev's government?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Just a quick bump ...waiting for the de-bunkers....as i am curious to how they refute the claim.

They can`t, so they now seem to have gone in calling anyone lairs who believe there aren`t regular Russian troops in the Ukraine.

And on a different note, it looks more and more that the Ukrainian army is disintegrating, it will probably still take a few weeks to fully mature.

And with the Separatists not having enough units to take over the whole of the Ukraine, Russia not wanting to take the bait and occupying Ukraine, it doesn`t look good for the rest of the Ukraine also. Russia not wanting a second Afghanistan, I don`t see them moving in, unless NATO moves in. They can only hope there will be an UN force coming in in time, or we could witness a very bloody chapter in the whole mess in the not so near future.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Ukrainians are Russians? Sorry I'm not following you there.

maybe u could what are all the FBI, CIA agents are doing in Kiev's government?

Sorry but I don't understand you, are there words missing there?

Of course there are CIA and FBI involved in Kiev's side, I never said there weren't. I was simply saying the notion that there are no Russians fighting in EASTERN Ukraine is wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

So Ukraine units are currently not engaged with Russian units.

That does not equate into they have never been in combat with at some point prior to the comment. Secondly he is referring to regular units and not special forces.

You still have armed Russian military units (specops) in Ukraine fighting Ukrainian units. You still have 30k Russian military units in crimea.

There is plenty of evidence of Russian military units operating inside Ukraine.

Those sanctions were extended to sept 2015 and more will be placed next month.

All Russia has to do is withdraw its force from Ukraine and end their support of the rebels.

I am sure if 5k members of the US 101st air assault all went on vacation with their uniforms and equipment to Russia you guys would be arguing its an invasion from the US.

edit on 31-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Well, sh*t, what's this then:

The Ukraine army’s chief of staff has admitted that Kiev troops are not engaged in combat with Russian units, thereby thwarting all Western allegations of Moscow's “military invasion,” said Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov.

“Yesterday afternoon the Chief of the General Staff – Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – Viktor Muzhenko officially acknowledged during a briefing for foreign military attachées that Russian troops are not involved in the fighting in the country's southeast,” Konashenkov said on Friday.

U ready?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

To clear the confusion.

Yes there are Russians fighting in the Ukraine, but as individuals and not as part of the Russian army.

The chief of Ukraine’s General Military Staff Viktor Muzhenko acknowledged that Russian regular army units were not involved in combat action in the troubled Donetsk and Luhansk regions.

“Right now the Ukrainian army is not engaged in combat operations against Russian regular units,” he underscored.

Muzhenko added, however, that he had information about Russian civilian and military individuals fighting alongside independence supporters in the country’s east.

Source

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thats why us & nato provided evidence - lol.

Go away!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

another ignorant attempt at ignore the paragraph a few sentences lower- bravo - you can copy and paste the same-thing from the opening post without adding a single piece of maturity

He said that later, during the closed part, the chief of general staff said that Russian units are “in the second tier.

I say again, no one said Russians are fighting on the front line, Just like no one said AMERICANS are fighting on the front line.
That's because they are in the rear, managing, instructing, equipping etc.

do I need to make it simpler?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

They have actually...

You should take some time and research it and read the info.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Yes there are Russians fighting in the Ukraine, but as individuals and not as part of the Russian army.

See even that I'm not sure of. Maybe a few rogue soldiers who aren't obeying orders but I have a feeling Putin is making someone else do the fighting. Mercs, criminals, soldiers from the caucus etc.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join