It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Christianophobia,' Anti-Christian Hostility Infects Powerful Elite Subculture

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yeah. These are the "Christians" who are giving the religion and real Christians a bad name.

A rally at the Texas Capitol on Thursday by Muslims seeking religious tolerance was repeatedly disrupted by a small group of protesters who said the state belonged to followers of Jesus Christ and that Muslims should go back to the Middle East.

During opening remarks at the Texas Muslim Capitol Day event, a Christian activist from Michigan grabbed the microphone from the speaker and said: "I proclaim the name of the Lord Jesus Christ over the capitol of Texas. I stand against Islam."

A group of people who described themselves as Christian activists also heckled the group of about 600 who showed up for the rally. The protesters shouted as the Muslim group sang the national anthem and then tried to interrupt speakers calling for religious tolerance.

Source

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: optimus primal

I'm done.

If only.

Christians have had 2000 years of their way, spreading their death cult by the sword. I feel no sympathy if many of their own flock are coming to see this and abandoning ship. Perhaps the old gods have had enough.

Prime example,

So the persecution of middle-eastern Christians is fine with you?

Never mind, don't tell me, I already know.
It's posters like that who make well-intentioned atheists look bad. I sincerely hope you don't take this person's vitriol as an example to how most atheists act.
edit on 30-1-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: grammar

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I know and understand. I appreciate the sentiment.

Too many are embracing hatred and coloring it as self-righteous, self-serving oppostion to anything that stands against their own view of what ethics and morality is.

"Christianophobia" has been socially acceptable simply because it has been instilled in the mainstream for so long. It is against "political correctness" to be christian, in my humble opinion.

Then again, it's always been of my opinion that it is easier to hate and disparage what you don't understand instead of working to understand what you don't know.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

a reply to: TzarChasm

the loudest christians are often the fakest.

let's just persecute them all shall we?

just the obnoxious ones. keep it in your bedroom like the gays have to.

I'm sorry, but did I mess something about where we straight folks can now have sex in public?

This has just no logic to it at all. It's not like gays aren't allowed to go out and about as a couple. There is a lesbian pair with a little girl we often see while out shopping on Sunday, and we sometimes exchange words about our respective children. What exactly are they not allowed to bring out in public again that we are?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Anyone who claims to be Christian but supports a hateful ideology is not Christian.

So that includes organizations who say "God hates (fill in the blank)". Or any organization that hates his fellow man.

Again, just because someone claims to be Christian doesn't mean they are. People use God's name in vain all the time.

I think in general humans have a tendency to categorize/ stereotype because they don't like uncertainty. So if one supposed Christian did something, then they all must be that way? What if he wasn't Christian in the first place? Same thing goes for any ideology for that matter.

The problem is that many don't see people for who they are, but they see them with preconceived notions.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I see many fine examples of just exactly what the researchers were talking about on this very thread.

You guys exhibit the classic victim blaming mentality. You can hate Christians, and it's all our fault that we're not like you. You can't possibility hate us just because you hate.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: shieldmaiden
Anyone who claims to be Christian but supports a hateful ideology is not Christian.

So that includes organizations who say "God hates (fill in the blank)". Or any organization that hates his fellow man.

Again, just because someone claims to be Christian doesn't mean they are. People use God's name in vain all the time.

I think in general humans have a tendency to categorize/ stereotype because they don't like uncertainty. So if one supposed Christian did something, then they all must be that way? What if he wasn't Christian in the first place? Same thing goes for any ideology for that matter.

The problem is that many don't see people for who they are, but they see them with preconceived notions.

You know this brings up an interesting point. Being an atheist, I still use terms like "I hope to God" or "I pray for/that (X)". I'm also known to say "God#$%$@#" if my big toe meets furniture in the middle of the night. I say "God Bless You" when someone sneezes. Just because I say these things doesn't make me a Christian. Honestly it's just been ingrained into me since I was a kid.
edit on 30-1-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes, it is everything about how they act. I personally know Christians who genuinely try to follow Christ - they struggle every day, but they try, and I can see it. I also know many "Christians-in-name-only" who have much hate in their heart, zero compassion, and judge pretty much everyone they come across, ESPECIALLY those who don't identify as Christians.

You say that you know people that are Christians, in name only, who have much hate in their hearts? If they have much hate in their hearts then they are not Christians are they? And you then say that these Christians ,in name only, judge those that don't belong to their club. Now look back at what you have just said and be honest with yourself. My understanding you is that you just said there are people that are not really Christians who disguise themselves as Christians (name only) that hate the ones that are not of their club mentality. That can also apply to politics or race or nationality and what is more it can also apply to Muslims or Jews or any other denomination that exists today.

Here is my point. Makes no difference which club you belong to. Within that club you still have bunches of people who separate themselves into groups. That is a fact. Makes no difference whether its Christians or Muslims or Jews or whatever. Catholics have orders and within each perish there are big shots and little shots. Jews the same and Muslims the same and all religions and denominations you have this same club mentality. Then you have the political spectrum. Within each party regardless of nationality you have big shots and little shots and you have just as much hatred among those groups then you have in these nasty ole Christian clubs.

You can forget the religion and become a bar fly. Yep, you have the very same thing in the beer joints then you have in the nasty ole churches or synagogues or mosques or temples or whatever. You can be gay and you guessed it. Same old club mentality. Ask a gay guy or gal if they love all gays and see the answer. They hate each other the very same way as all people hate each other. They have the same club mentality then do all people.

Why beat up on Christianity? Why not the head choppers or the wall street gangsters or the DC gang that have the same club mentality as the nasty ole Christians? Why not make it a free for all? Let's all hate everyone but our own little club members and be honest about it. Do you honestly believe that if you wiped the world clean of all Christianity that would solve the problem? Well it would not be the answer because history proves that it would not be the answer. Before Christianity the world had the exact same problem with people and their little club mentalities. I would rather have a Christian hate me than a Muslim hate me. The Christian doesn't chop heads off because you don't join their club. Now when the head hunters get enough club members then they just might come after you. Then what? Well then you might want the nasty ole Christians to fight your war once again won't you? The next Hitler just might get the job done.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I can kind of see the need for the tax exempt status since churches aren't supposed to be money making ventures. Though many do pull in quite the revenue. Many churches also abuse tax exempt status by endorsing political candidates in their churches. So it is a two way street. Maybe some better enforcement of the rules is in order here instead of new ones.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I see many fine examples of just exactly what the researchers were talking about on this very thread.

You guys exhibit the classic victim blaming mentality. You can hate Christians, and it's all our fault that we're not like you. You can't possibility hate us just because you hate.

yup, all ya have to do is read the post, proves the point.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Do you honestly believe that if you wiped the world clean of all Christianity that would solve the problem?

Yes, I have heard it said many times on the forum.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'll keep this short.

What I find amusing is how Jesus's message was so simple...yet it appears to be so hard for Christians to follow.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

Brennan Manning

That for me pretty much sums how I view the situation. Like some, I grew up in the Church and followed it for 20+ years. Finally, you start to think for yourself and begin to ask questions. It's not much liked when certain questions are asked of church leaders. Also, it's not much liked when you question their motives. It's why I left the church.
edit on 1/30/2015 by EternalSolace because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I'll keep this short.

What I find amusing is how Jesus's message was so simple...yet it appears to be so hard for Christians to follow.
Greed got in the way.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I'll keep this short.

There are over 2 billion Christians in the world, maybe you can find one you like.

edit on 023131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Jesus would be the ultimate liberal hippy if he walked the Earth today, not some fear mongering conservative mega-church pastor.

I often wonder what the character of Jesus would think if he was transported to today's times. I think he'd take a look around and cry at what his name has been turned into.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Jesus would be the ultimate liberal hippy if he walked the Earth today, not some fear mongering conservative mega-church pastor.

I often wonder what the character of Jesus would think if he was transported to today's times. I think he'd take a look around and cry at what his name has been turned into.

Funny how Jesus spent more time with the poor, unclean, and wanting than he did with the rich. Then you take a look at the mega churches. When do you think the last time one of those pastors were down at the food kitchen.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

What makes you think the majority of Christian follow mega pastors?

I agree wholeheartedly, Christ would cry, and he will come back.

However Christians are not Christ, we are just human, why is that so hard to understand?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

It's not up to me to travel the world in search of "good Christians". They simply have to actually follow what's in their book. It's easier than studying for a calculus exam.

I often think that perhaps the NT is to simple for some people. Maybe people simply can't accept Jesus's message really was that basic, and then spend endless sermons trying to find deeper meanings and complicating the message until their own intellects are satisfied?

If people just took the NT at face value and followed the simple instructions, Christians would probably never have any enemies.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

yup, all ya have to do is read the post, proves the point.

Answering hostility with hostility is not the answer.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join