It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The YOUniverse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Who are you? How did you get here? Where did you come from? Where are you going?

What if the answer to all of these questions is right in front of us? What's happening right now, existence and all that comes with it, is who you are, how you got here, where you came from, and where you are going.

The universe is of a cyclic nature, everything works in cycles: people are born and they die, tides rise and fall, water goes up and down, the seasons come and go, the Earth revolves around the sun, the sun revolves around the galaxy, the galaxy revolves around our local supercluster, superclusters revolve around other superclusters, etc., etc. etc.

Just because Spring has ended, does that mean it will never come around again? Just because a rainstorm ends, does that mean it's the last one that will come? Just because the sun went over the horizon, does that mean it will not rise on the opposite side the next day? The answer to all of these is NO, so why do we think differently about life itself and ourselves? Are we not part of the universe and did we not come from it? So why would we be any different than what we have come from?

The universe works in cycles, you are the YOUniverse trying to know itself, so this means that what you are experiencing right now is only one cycle among a never-ending (cyclical) system of birth, death, and rebirth. We are one with the universe. I am ONE, you are ONE, we are all ONE, just as there is only ONE universe. As Carl Sagan once said "we are a way for the cosmos to know itself".

When a human brain is studying atoms and trying to understand them, it is basically a clump of atoms trying to understand other atoms. In the same way, when we look out at the universe, we are looking at a reflection of ourselves. We are trying to understand ourselves when we observe the world around us.

When something is not observed, what happens? Things act erratically and opposite of what they should, the double-slit experiment proves this without a doubt. We have a very profound effect on what we see, if we are not there to observe something, it does not act in the way it should. Does this mean that we "create" the things we see? I'd say so personally, because without us there, there is nothing concrete and everything is pure probability. We give the world around us a foundation to "stand" on. If this is not true then why does the double-slit experiment prove otherwise?

People are born and people die every day. Where do those babies come from and where do those who died go? What if those people dying are the ones being born again? The conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed. Is your consciousness not energy? If so, it cannot be destroyed, only transformed. How does this transformation take place? Through "transmigration of souls" or reincarnation.

I put this same analogy in another of my threads but I think it's worth repeating here:

The universe is like a holographic apple, when you cut it in half you get two whole apples, not halves of an apple as you'd typically expect. You can cut these apples in half as many times as you'd like and you will always come out with two full apples, each slice or half keeps the form of the original apple. The universe is the apple, we are the slices of the apple. We are the universe (original apple) individualized into infinite unique bodies or perspectives.

Since we are the universe and the universe is composed of energy and energy cannot be created or destroyed, this must mean we are that energy that cannot be created or destroyed. We are the eternal energy called awareness.

The universe is so unbelievably complex and so unbelievably perfect that only perfection could process it. What is it that processes the universe into a visible image? Your brain. If your brain can process all of this information and recreate it to a tee within your mind, that must mean that your brain is just as complex and perfect as the universe around you.

You are the YOUniverse, and you are the light. The YOUniverse is perfect beyond measure, meaning you are its mirror image of perfection.

This is only my opinion, I'm not trying to attack anyone or claim this is indisputable fact, I'm only giving a personal opinion.

This thread is related to two other threads I've done recently. If you look at all three and read them as one piece, hopefully you will see what I am trying to express.

Stop feeding into the lies people! The truth is in front of you.

The true identity of Jesus as the image of God

Thank you for reading.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I enjoyed this read, and you should patent that term if its not claimed yet

You know the older I get and the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the answers do not lie "out there" in the heavens or the stars, but rather within observer himself. More specifically, within consciousness.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

This is only my opinion,

Not only you 3nl, not only you.
Thanks for your presence.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I was hoping you'd show up. You were the inspiration for this thread!

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
And, in one new word, the OP has captured the very essence of all the problems humanity faces. YOUniverse! Yes indeed, we are all so self-centred. Thank you for the Zeitgeist word of the new millennium.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
stainless steel cladding nice writing you inspired me by that

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I'd have to disagree. IF we understood that we are all the same then I think that would go a long way toward fixing what we have messed up. All our problems stem from wanting what others have because we are somehow better or more deserving than them. Realizing we are all equal would go a long way to solving that in my opinion.

To each his own though. Thank you for the reply.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Back in the day, I was a big fan of the Beatles. From Love Love Me Do, to Lady Madonna. But my favorite song of theirs was on the flip side of Sgt Pepper, and received little play or recognition. It is Harrison's Within You, Without You. The boys had dallied with Transcendental meditation, most heavily by George. He had taken up the sitar and had used it on a couple of tunes but in this one he finally really uses it fully, along with the tabla drum. So if I may I will add these lyrics to the thread.

We were talking-about the space between us all
And the people-who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion
Never glimpse the truth-then it's far too late-when they pass away.
We were talking-about the love we all could share-when we find it
To try our best to hold it there-with our love
With our love-we could save the world-if they only knew.
Try to realize it's all within yourself
No-one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small,
And life flows ON within you and without you.
We were talking-about the love that's gone so cold and the people,
Who gain the world and lose their soul-
They don't know-they can't see-are you one of them?
When you've seen beyond yourself-then you may find, peace of mind,
Is waiting there-
And the time will come when you see
we're all one, and life flows on within you and without you.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I agree with some of the ancient vedic texts and say the universe is within an atom and every atom containse infinate universes.
edit on 29-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Deepak Chopra said man is a hologram of God. I could go along with that…

On the universe:

To me the universe is a reflection of states of consciousness of something or someone else that we are privileged or cursed to see.

It’s as if we are inside a computer and we can see the chips( solar systems) that run the computer( consciousness)

The solar systems we see, the basic unit of the universe, are something that fuels some other consciousness somewhere…or potentially if we ever get into a higher perspective…the solar systems can fuel our consciousness state…

We are inside the negative view of that.

By negative a mean a photo like negative.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
As for your post…
I like your spirit

I say reality is a circle.

We eat everyday, wash everyday, brush our teeth, go to school, work, play, etc.

We do repetitive things in life.

The universe is also a circle…in fact the main objects are circles planets and suns.

They do circular motions as well repeatedly

What makes the universe perfect is the fact that it ALWAYS acts on cause and effect.

So in that context it is perfect.

But from another perspective it has fallen from perfection.

There is something I call ELLIPSE (imperfect circle) that we know and call evil or suffering OR IMPERFECTION, FLAW, DEFECT

What happens is that in the circle of life we always somewhere experience suffering within the circular habits of life’s actions…

The world we live in is an ELLIPSE. Buddha called it suffering

It was once a perfect circle

It will return to a perfect circle…it is inevitable

He or she hu can hear see

And he or she who can see hear

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yes, I agree. This world, Earth, is not in harmony anymore. We have thrown it off its usual revolution, speaking in your terms. And yes, it will get back on the right path eventually, all it takes is time. Everything balances in the end.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
DP
edit on 1/29/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Nothing does not exist, so what exists must have always existed in some form or another, right?

And that means infinity, right?

And that means “cause and effect” must go into infinity, right?

...but it doesn't - it can't. :stop:

An initial cause, the first causation, requires an effect beyond its own effect...

You can't chase cause into infinity - it must be initiated to be “cause and effect” - it must be the effect of something without a cause.

So what can do that?

What is the only thing which can stand outside of cause and effect, the only thing which can have such an effect, the only thing which can be eternal, and infinite?

It’s free will, right? :go:

...cause and effect is an effect, or the appearance of, free will.

Now add in free will to your OP.

If there is free will, then all bets, of your OP, are off....

You were willed from eternal will, into an eternal body, by an eternal mind. See: this post.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Day is not one with night neither is Summer one with winter. Both does not happen at the same time at the same place.

One with Love/Compassion, yes, but I reject any oneness with anything against love/compassion.

Please do not be deceived and accept being "one" with those who lack compassion and are out to step on and walk over others.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Great post OP. I thought of it like this:

If God were an ocean, we would be the drops of water that are carried up into the clouds by the warmth of the Sun, where the winds of life carry us to the farthest reaches of earth. The Ocean, through countless drops of water, rains down on the earth...each drop finding its own place...experiencing its own way as it sifts through the trees, foliage and earth...on into the rivers, lakes and streams, working its way back to the great Ocean...Where it starts all over again.

Such are we. A drop from the great Ocean...each one of us a spark of God, experiencing life in our own unique way, carrying our emotions, experiences and knowledge back to the Great Ocean...where we purge our energy and wait to be drawn back up into the cycle again.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: magnison

Great way of putting it.

That's exactly how I see it, we are finding our way back to the ocean now. I love that analogy.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Light is one with dark. Those dark spaces in the sky? They have light running all through them, you only see the light that hits your eye. That is light and dark coexisting in the same place at the same time. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. Even your image of light can see darkness.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Well if we look at the BIG Bang and superposition then we can say its everywhere and all times.

new topics

top topics

join