It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting web series claiming to reveal occult knowledge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is strange, I couldn't find any mention of this via searching so I thought I'd share...

www.occult-mysteries.org...

This site basically claims to be publicly sharing occult, or hidden, knowledge of the ancient "mystery shools."

I think it's hogwash, but I'm interested in what other people get from it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

It's a mish mash of little pieces of this and that religion based on the storybook notion that a piece of the truth is hidden in each one.

Nonsense.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

thanks for the link.... putting in my favorites drop-down

so I can refresh my memory on occasion

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I cite this as a response ., from the intro page:

You may ask that if such occult knowledge was hidden from the multitude why are we now making it public? This is a good question. The answer is because the time is right to reveal some of it. We emphasise some because the higher Occult Mysteries can only be imparted to those who can be trusted not to misuse or reveal them. You can read about the reasons for this secrecy in our Occult FAQ.

it is reasonable that the web surfer, would get a generic answer to their inquiry...

why else would these mystery schools have novices and initiates to develop into candidates for even higher mysteries... basically the uncouth will not get dangerous occult knowledge

edit on th31142256856729562015 by St Udio because: tag reversal

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I SURE HOPE NOT!
That would be a HUGE trap for non initiates to get taken.
IT ISN'T like Harry Potter IF YOU can actually alter reality,nothing is free.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

...any serious seeker after Truth should take all conspiracy theories with a very LARGE pinch of salt. Whilst there may be something in some of these theories, none of them can tell us anything worthwhile about the things that truly matter on the path to the Light.

I LIKE this site!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hey, it's free!? That in and of itself makes the site worth looking into. That almost never happens. Interesting find, Thank you

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I hate to break it to you but magic isn't real and "occult knowledge" is fairy tales.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You may ask that if such occult knowledge was hidden from the multitude why are we now making it public? This is a good question. The answer is because the time is right to reveal some of it. We emphasise some because the higher Occult Mysteries can only be imparted to those who can be trusted not to misuse or reveal them. You can read about the reasons for this secrecy in our Occult FAQ.

I am not aiming this at you, but rather addressing the quote from the site...

Who made these people keepers of the mysteries of life, and judges of who can be "trusted" with them?
Answer: They are self appointed. IF there is any truth to the "occult knowledge" they have, it should be shared with all humanity. They aren't protecting anyone by keeping it hidden, except themselves and their ego. Just my two shillings.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

I hate to break it to you but magic isn't real and "occult knowledge" is fairy tales.

That would depend on what you call magic. Much of what we take for granted today, would have gotten you burned at the stake centuries ago as witchcraft. And much of what we do not know yet, may be considered magic by some today. Same with occult knowledge. There are things you consider common knowledge today, that would have gotten you put in prison, and beheaded hundreds of years ago, because it would be considered "occult knowledge". Don't limit your perspective to one definition of a phrase, just because it doesn't conform to your bias. When we do that, we limit our own understanding.

edit on 1/29/2015 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

No problem, despite the overall disbelief I have it sure has some interesting veiwpoints. I read the entire newcomers study guide, or something like that, it's captivating for sure.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Self actualization is the only occult thing you need to know or practice everything else is a spin off of that.

Problem solved your welcome.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The uncouth shouldn't get knowledge they can't begin to know the responsibility of. Although I doubt they would understand, letting a random person access the highest occult knowledge is akin to letting a bull loose in a china shop.

Besides it's not like the higher levels of knowledge can't be obtained by good old fashion searching through lots of texts and interpretations.

If you put the time & effort into gaining the knowledge than you are initiating yourself, which is the whole point of the process.
edit on 29-1-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You have to watch out for sites like this. "Divulging" info and like that one "real ILLUMINATI" type "sites". Nonsense.

This is the place to diseminate between the ones who have something of value to offer and others there for "entertainment".

We have to realize the difference. And there is one.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

You have to watch out for sites like this. "Divulging" info and like that one "real ILLUMINATI" type "sites". Nonsense.

This is the place to diseminate between the ones who have something of value to offer and others there for "entertainment".

We have to realize the difference. And there is one.

Did you read it? I'm not a believer in any of this, I just found the site to be very interesting and they have a cool take on things. None of what you claim they claim was actually claimed, if that makes sense. Just thought I would share an interesting web page, take that for what it's worth.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I did. And told you what it's worth.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This is the paranormal forum. The topics we discuss are by nature speculative and circumstantial.

I find it interesting that this is free of charge.

Dony you think its at least worth looking into?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Indeed, please keep us updated as to the many successful spells and curses you are about to cast and all the enlightenment and stuff.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
True occult knowledge has - like fundamental scientific knowledge - a mathematical basis. You will discover it here:
smphillips.8m.com...
Be advised that the website is very challenging, mathematically speaking, so it requires much study.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I already have, can't you tell?

I call it "the curse of naive, stolid and aspirational wit."

Having an open mind is paramount when participating in paranormal discussion. Or have you mastered the knowledge of,all this is/will be? Short of that, there's no way you can say, with any certainty, something is true or untrue.

As scientists, we review evidence and make conclusions from that. A lack of evidence isn't a denial or affirmation. It simply means "more data required."

But by all means, if you've explored every facet of the website and have found it to be a scam, do share your proof.

Thanks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join