It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School discriminates against poor trans-species kid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: andy06shake

What the hell is a "trans-species kid"? Is that a child that possesses other animal DNA? Or do you mean transgender?

Transgenders do not have DNA of the opposite sex, so it wouldn't be necessary for the kid to have penguin DNA in order for him to 'identify' with being a penguin.

I think we all have penguin dna?

Every species shares some DNA with others.
If the kid's DNA was penguin DNA, there would be no need for him to wear the hat, as he would actually have a beak and flippers.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

Clearly, your understanding of the natural world is somewhat limited, if you cannot see a clear difference between a human male identifying as female and the issues that are associated with that, and a kid believing and living as if he is a penguin, and the clear physical risks that involves, even if all we are talking about is from the very narrow diet involved.

You can cut around the arguments that really make this case if you like, but it changes little. The fact is, that while there are protections in place to prevent discrimination against people over matters like their race, religious preferences, and sexuality and gender, there is no basis, either in law, or in science, for someone identifying as a species other than their own. There is a growing trend for this out there, with Therianthropy attracting more attention lately as a result of stories like these. However, a penguin is not covered by Therianthropy, since a Therian, is specifically a mammalian life form, and does not include things like Echidna, or the platypus, and certainly does not include Penguins.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I wonder where the hell his penguin suit is in those videos. I guess sometimes he feels like a penguin and sometimes he doesn't. Seems legit.

He's not penguin enough to be in the penguin club...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

What the hell is a "trans-species kid"? Is that a child that possesses other animal DNA? Or do you mean transgender?

Transgenders do not have DNA of the opposite sex, so it wouldn't be necessary for the kid to have penguin DNA in order for him to 'identify' with being a penguin.

If the kid sincerely wants to be treated like a penguin, then he needs to be expelled from school. Penguins don't have the brain power to accomplish a high school degree, so if he wants to live life as a penguin, then he doesn't need an education.

If he doesn't want to be expelled, and he DOES want an education, then he doesn't really want to be a penguin. If he doesn't really want to live as a penguin, then he's just a poser who has to follow the rules of not wearing head gear.

If he sincerely wants to convert to Islam and wants to wear Muslim head wraps while getting his education, that's allowable, as long as he can adequately prove that he has converted to Islam. But remember, a Muslim is a human who wants to live and be treated as a human, thus an education is a good and necessary part of a Muslim's life, which is why a Muslim wants to be able to go to school and still live as a Muslim. Same thing with a transgender. You cannot, however, make the same case with a penguin (or any other animal).

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Well if he really thinks he is a Penguin i imagine climbing into a Penguin suit would be rather disconcerting bordering on creepy as hell.
LoL

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Come on now, if we were to start expelling children because of there nonsensical beliefs our schools would be rather empty would they not?

Let's at least wait until he is a violent penguin before we start pigeon-holing the poor misguided little fellow.
edit on 29-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

I think this is hilarious. Im sorry to whoever takes this offensive but this is incredibly stupid

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Pinguin Bill?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Come on now, if we were to start expelling children because of there nonsensical beliefs our schools would be rather empty would they not?

Let's at least wait until he is a violent penguin before we start pigeon-holing the poor misguided little fellow.

If he wants to be treated like a penguin, then he needs to live his life as a penguin. That means no school and no college. He can go hang out with other penguins (they don't go to school or college either).

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Way to completely miss the point. Can you respond to my post that was actually directed at you?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If he wants to be treated like a penguin, then he needs to live his life as a penguin. That means no school and no college. He can go hang out with other penguins (they don't go to school or college either).

just like a transgender identifies with the opposite sex he can identify with penguins without having to undertake the physically impossible task of living exactly like a penguin.

Just like you accept a transgender even though it is impossible for them to be exactly like the gender they identify with.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Simple fact remains, he is not a Penguin he's a child, possibly a delusional child though none the less still a Human child.

Is that really how we should treat our children expel them from our learning institutions them because they're delusional? Do you even remember your own childhood? At some point we were all delusional to some degree or another. If it were not the case childhood would be rather boring certainly not much fun.

edit on 29-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As long as there is no health and safety issue and he can still do his school work I don't see the problem.

That said if he isn't trolling I think he need some serious mental health support asap.

Freedom of expression is important, it makes it easier to spot the idiots.

For example the crazier feminists usually dye their hair bright colors so now I follow the mantra of

Girl with brightly colored hair,
mentally unstable feminist beware.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

My point is, when faced with expulsion, he has to admit that he doesn't really want to live life as a penguin. In admitting that, he has to go along with the rules that everyone else has to. I'm just saying that this is what the school administrators should have said to him - that would have shut him up pretty quickly.

If you think he's truly delusional, you are naive. He knows he's not a penguin - he doesn't really want to be a penguin. He's just trying to make a point. The administrators should have called his bluff and threatened to expel him because animals aren't allowed in the school (except as used in dissection

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The fact is, that while there are protections in place to prevent discrimination against people over matters like their race, religious preferences, and sexuality and gender, there is no basis, either in law, or in science, for someone identifying as a species other than their own.

A religion is a belief. If it's his belief that he is a penguin then he should get the same priviliges as other beliefs.

Who decides what is a religion anyway?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It is nothing out of the ordaniry to assoiate with the animal world in ways many do not understand. It is likely that all of this was staged before hand. It could even be for extra credit these days.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkippyBalls

just like a transgender identifies with the opposite sex he can identify with penguins without having to undertake the physically impossible task of living exactly like a penguin.

Just like you accept a transgender even though it is impossible for them to be exactly like the gender they identify with.

Show me a transgender who doesn't live as if they were the gender they identify with. A person born as a male who identifies as a woman does more than just wear make up and a dress. They may not be a able to bear a child, but they live in all other ways as if they were a woman. They speak like a woman, they walk like women, they sit like women, they gesture like women. They have no interest in doing what men do. If this kid really wanted to be a penguin, he wouldn't be interested in doing things that people do.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Off course the kid doesn't really want to be a penguin....

My point is that your argument is invalid. You can't expect a transgender to be EXACTLY like the opposite sex, just like you cant expect him to live exactly like a penguin, because it is physically(and in other ways) impossible.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
He does make a fair point, if people are allowed special dispensation on account of supersticion then he should be allowed to wear whatever he likes.

You make a convincing and accurate point..special dispensation for some to wear clothing as part of their own belief system, should extend to everyone, regardless of how many people subscribe to a particular belief.

The kid was making a point, a point about equality of treatment.

It's a ridiculous outfit of course, which was also the point i think.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Funny parralel in this thread to the video.

I am taking the exact same stance as the kid did, and like just the school staff had no idea how to deal with it(because they knew his arguments can't be refuted), people here don't know how to deal with it either, judging by the non response to the arguments put forth.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join